Author Topic: for those who have pc..use this to check your compatablity with games.  (Read 253 times)

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: for those who have pc..use this to check your compatablity with games.
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 09:15:20 AM »
get pentium duo processor.

But with the processor he's got, he'd have to change the motherboard too for a pentium. Plus, dual core processors use more power, so he'll most likely need a new power supply too. The GeForce 5600 is old, no question about that...

Look - if you don't know how different components work with each other and what they require from each other - go to a dealer and ask for a system "for gaming" or whatever you do with it. Don't go upragind single parts if you don't know what the fuck you're doing.

About HL2 running so well - HL2 is a rare case. The engine it uses is made really well and it scales itself down really well for weaker systems. But rest assured that I'm not lying when I say that HL2 would look wayyy better with a modern graphics card.

You have any opinions on bf 2142? and FEAR?

BF 2142 I don't know about.

FEAR needs quite heavy shit to run (well at least it was heavy shit when it came out), but it does look good too. It's a really good FPS aswell. There's really nothing that you wouldn't have seen before in other games (one element there, another one here...), but they got a good balance in there and some cool action. Plus the effects of destroying the environment are pretty good looking, though things don't actually "deform" or anything.

Some say it's a scary game. It gives you a couple jumps, sure, but I'd call it more "eerie" and "spooky" than scary.
agree.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]