Author Topic: how come nobody every mentions the beastie boys ....  (Read 269 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: how come nobody every mentions the beastie boys ....
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 05:23:52 PM »
Cause they were never that good to begin with. All they did was make it ok for white kids to listen to rap, which may or may not be a good thing.

The Beasties carved out their own niche in Hip Hop.  They def had a punk flare to their music, but they have some credibility.  It's not like they were Vanilla Ice shuckin and jivin up there.  They definitely opened the door for groups like 3rd Bass and House of Pain.  And don't forget Eminem.  So don't act like they didn't contribute anything.

Beastie Boys are better than 90% of mainstream Hip Hop today.  They write their own rhymes, make their own beats, don't use bullshit R&B hooks

WOW! THANK GOD ALMIGHTY THEY OPENED THE DOOR FOR 3RD BASS, HOUSE OF PAIN AND EMINEM!!!! What would rap be without those guys? lol jesus. And nothin is wrong with r&b hooks. Hell, half the beats in rap are r&b loops.

Whether you liked 3rd Bass or House of Pain, the fact remains that the Beastie Boys paved the way for white dudes in Hip Hop.  LOL, you don't think Eminem had a SIGNIFICANT impact on Hip Hop?  He's responsible for G-Unit who has been the biggest clique both in popularity and in sales over the last 3.5 years!!!  And yet you ask where would rap be without him?  LMAO.  And not to mention his own contribution musically.  If you don't think he was one of the dopest lyricists in his prime then you need to clean your ears out.

You say you like R&B hooks?  50's the fuckin hook king, right?! Eminem put him on.  So there you have it.  Without the Beastie Boys, there would be no 50 cent.

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 05:35:00 PM »
I just downloaded a shitload of songs and im REALLY FEELIN IT. the joints from Ill Communication and License to Ill are fuckin dope. I actually did have that In Sound from Way Out album for about a year, that was fuckin trippy. but im really diggin the old school shit. "Sure Shot" is my fav track so far

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 05:54:41 PM »
They contributed hip hop history. They all good.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 06:52:32 PM »
yeah i kinda got bored with all my cd's the other day and decided to put in license to ill and was like FUCK this shit is tight....can't beleive something like that came out when i was  a year old then paul's boutique was sounding better, and then check your head was great as well.

the beasties were never the best lyracists
the beasties were never the best from a production standpoint

but the beaties ALWAYS put out high quality music and never put out a flop in my opinion

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2006, 07:24:03 PM »
Cause they were never that good to begin with. All they did was make it ok for white kids to listen to rap, which may or may not be a good thing.

I think Aerosmith made it okay for white kids to like rap and they did it a couple years before it was okay for black kids to like rap.