Author Topic: Akon's Agenda: Tour, Whitney And Michael Jackson?  (Read 84 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Akon's Agenda: Tour, Whitney And Michael Jackson?
« on: December 05, 2006, 06:46:28 AM »
Saying he's "too young to rest right now," Akon is set to embark on a world tour in 2007. Starting in Africa, he'll swing through Europe and then segue to the United States. There is no word yet on supporting acts, but Akon tells Billboard.com, "We'll probably get the hottest act in whatever region we're in."

When asked about strong rumors that he'll be collaborating with Michael Jackson, Akon just laughed, saying only, "Right now that's in the air. I can't talk about it." He offers up the same laugh and vague response when queried about working on Elton John's next album. But he did enthuse about his work on the title track of Gwen Stefani's new "The Sweet Escape," of which he said, "I took her back to her No Doubt days a little bit; more '80s."

Akon was also effusive about another upcoming collaboration: Whitney Houston. "I'm working on more uptempo records for her," he says. "She's been through a lot and has a dark history. So we've got to make the album brighter because she's come out of the cave now. She wants a celebration. She needs to come back to the old Whitney we remember."

As previously reported, Akon is presently No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "I Wanna Love You," while "Smack That" is No. 3 on the chart.

This report is provided by Billboard.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Akon's Agenda: Tour, Whitney And Michael Jackson?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 11:27:53 AM »
Mike...Will.I.Am and Akon....

All I hope for is that on Michael's album he's going to have a 'Michael' record. Like an 80's or soul track.....somethin'.

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 04:30:49 AM »
This won't happen.  A few weeks ago, he was acting like it was already recorded... now he's saying he can't talk about it, etc. 

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 09:24:08 AM »

All I hope for is that on Michael's album he's going to have a 'Michael' record. Like an 80's or soul track.....somethin'.

Right now im just hoping for a Michael album period, in the near future.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 11:32:27 AM »

Right now im just hoping for a Michael album period, in the near future.
True that.