Poll

?

THE MAIL MAN
15 (71.4%)
THE ROUND MOUND OF REBOUND
6 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: FINALS: DUBCC'S GOAT PF: #1 KARL MALONE VS #2 CHARLES BARKLEY  (Read 338 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: FINALS: DUBCC'S GOAT PF: #1 KARL MALONE VS #2 CHARLES BARKLEY
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 06:23:08 PM »
I vote Barkley. Malone is such a fuckin asshole, it's not even funny like it is with Sir Charles.

What does that have to do with how good they are? LOL

A truly great player is also a good, likable person. Sports writers use the same criteria when voting players into the hall of fame. I'm not denying that Malone is a good player, but the fact that he is such an asshole to not only the media, but also the fans irks me the wrong way.

That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard...Michael Jordan wasn't a good, likable person, the media just made him that way...If a player is great, he's great.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 08:44:45 PM »
I vote Barkley. Malone is such a fuckin asshole, it's not even funny like it is with Sir Charles.

A truly great player is also a good, likable person. Sports writers use the same criteria when voting players into the hall of fame. I'm not denying that Malone is a good player, but the fact that he is such an asshole to not only the media, but also the fans irks me the wrong way.
Are you saying Barkely wasn't an asshole? :laugh:

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 09:11:42 PM »
barkley's greatest moment was when he threw a dude through a window. classic  8)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 10:57:10 PM »

That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard...Michael Jordan wasn't a good, likable person, the media just made him that way...If a player is great, he's great.

::) Tell that to the press when they vote for the hall of fame then. Besides, I think Barkley is a better player than Malone anyways.

Are you saying Barkely wasn't an asshole? :laugh:

I'm not saying that at all, but he's a likable asshole. He's funny, he won't bullshit you in interviews, and he even makes fun of himself on occasion.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 07:26:09 AM »
THE ROUND MOUND OF REBOUND

just because I think him vs. Malone would be a great one on one match

On a side note, I'm a Lakers fan, but I am glad the final roster is not a Laker All Star team. Kareem and Magic, I can easily see Baylor getting SF, and Kobe challenge Jordan for SG, and I never thought the Lakers had the greatest PFs in history. Their best PF was Baylor, who was a SF moved over because the bench of the 60's had like 6 guards.