Author Topic: finally.. got my wii! (now with pics!)  (Read 709 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: finally.. got my wii! (now with pics!)
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2006, 01:23:17 AM »
Update: still no consolles sold, lol. They have just one game, i think it's named Zelda. Obviously they sold no copies of it.
How much does it cost there a game for XBOX360, PS2, PC, Wii...?

Don Seer

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2006, 02:02:13 AM »

or everythings sold out antonio.. all games and accessories are sold out over here...

there are about 10 games to so out..

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2006, 04:52:25 AM »
or everythings sold out antonio..

No. I talked with the guys who works there and they told me 90% of their target is parents who wants to buy a present for their kids, and they basically know about Playstation. The name itself is so popular here that it's amazing, everybody has a modded PS2 here, all the kids (10-15 years). Those parents dont know about Wii. It's not on tv, they ain't making commercials, people ain't talking about it, so they simply skip it and go directly to the PS2 point. Some of them stops in the XBOX360 point, cause it's huge and there are HD tv's, games to try, you know.. it's well promoted. But 399€ is a lot. They're selling PS2's for 100€ here, with 2 games (PES6 and Smackdown vs Raw 2007). That's a great offer for the parents. PS2 is destroying everybody. About people of 20-30 age.. i think they simply pre-ordered it online. Anyway it's not a big target. And for sure nobody has bought a Wii or Zelda from there.

I think Italy is simply not ready yet for Wii. No promotion at all, no ads, no commercials. Just like Nintendo DS. Then, in a couple of months, i think they'll start to read about it from the papers and they'll start to buy it. It happened the same with DS. It sold embarassing units in the first months, but now there's a small community of people who's proud of them, and it's growning.

Nintendo DEF needs to promote their consolles better, here. They can't win against Sony PS2, PS3 and PSP (or even XBOX360) if they don't do it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 04:57:03 AM by Antonio »