Author Topic: GNARLS BARKLEY RETURNS WITH THE ODD COUPLE ON APRIL 8  (Read 100 times)

Elano

GNARLS BARKLEY RETURNS WITH THE ODD COUPLE ON APRIL 8
« on: February 15, 2008, 03:59:16 AM »
After much anticipation and speculation, Gnarls Barkley has provided information about the new album The Odd Couple, in stores worldwide on April 8. The Odd Couple explores the forbidden underworld of popular music and human psychology, starting at the intersection of pulsating hooks and pure emotion.

The Odd Couple is heralded by the full-tilt psychedelic soul stomper "Run," a leaked track that is now hitting heavily on radio. "Run" has been rushed to iTunes early, and a mind-bending music video is now in production, directed by the filmmaking team known as Happy. A video for the second single "Who's Gonna Save My Soul" is being directed by Chris Milk, who helmed the band's Grammy-nominated video for "Gone Daddy Gone." The band is commissioning an eclectic roster of emerging filmmakers to produce further clips - details will emerge soon.

Gnarls - the Grammy-winning combination of artist and producer Danger Mouse and vocalist Cee-Lo Green - is indisputably a pivotal act of the 21st Century.

The duo, famous for inventive, elaborate live performances, has begun to slate touring plans for 2008. Gnarls headlines the Hollywood Bowl on July 27, and will perform at a number of top-tier American and European summer festivals. The band will soon confirm a slew of TV appearances as well.

The pop kaleidoscope St. Elsewhere was a critical triumph and chart-topping blockbuster. At 2007's 49th Annual Grammy Awards, Gnarls received seven nominations and snagged two of the event's most coveted trophies - "Best Alternative Music Album" and "Best Urban Alternative Performance."

Elevz

Re: GNARLS BARKLEY RETURNS WITH THE ODD COUPLE ON APRIL 8
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 05:40:11 AM »
I just peeped for the first time, and it seems kinda nice. Just not that "Crazy" touch, but who was to expect that? It'll be interesting to see what Dangermouse and CeeLo can come up with this time.

Elano

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 06:55:15 AM »
Do y'all think the new album can have the same success of the previous one ? I doubt it......the first single is just "nice" to me,i don't see this song all over the radios in the near future

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 08:25:08 AM »
Cee-Lo's voice on a whole track alone is just too much for me.

kemizt

Elevz

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 09:58:20 AM »
Cee-Lo's voice on a whole track alone is just too much for me.

Thank God for Dangermouse beats.

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 10:04:37 AM »
Do y'all think the new album can have the same success of the previous one ? I doubt it......the first single is just "nice" to me,i don't see this song all over the radios in the near future

Well, that sure is the question, and there's no answer to it yet. Time will tell.

I do think St. Elsewhere was mainly driving off the success of Crazy, and to a lesser extent Smiley Faces. Even though the album on a whole was rather consistent, I didn't think it was all that amazing after all. Now with a first single which is far less impressive than Crazy, I don't think they'll get anywhere near the success of St. Elsewhere.

Elano

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 11:07:24 AM »

Well, that sure is the question, and there's no answer to it yet. Time will tell.

I do think St. Elsewhere was mainly driving off the success of Crazy, and to a lesser extent Smiley Faces. Even though the album on a whole was rather consistent, I didn't think it was all that amazing after all. Now with a first single which is far less impressive than Crazy, I don't think they'll get anywhere near the success of St. Elsewhere.

St.Elsewhere is a "nice" record,but i still prefer these two:

There are several AMAZING vocals in these 2 albums,in St.Elsewhere there's nothing amazing about the vocals