Author Topic: Another 50 Cent backed project will probably flop..  (Read 602 times)

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
Another 50 Cent backed project will probably flop..
« on: December 11, 2006, 05:11:22 PM »
Lil Scrappy's new album, which is executive produced by 50 Cent and Lil Jon most likely wont hit 100,000 in sales.

Even though this album doesn't carry the G-Unit imprint, it has alot of 50 creative control on it.

WILL-I-DIE

Re: Another 50 Cent backed project will probably flop..
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 05:16:19 PM »
the new lil scrappy album is nice.it could be 1 of my top 5 albums of 06

Narrator

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 05:25:25 PM »
Lil Scrappy's new album, which is executive produced by 50 Cent and Lil Jon most likely wont hit 100,000 in sales.

Even though this album doesn't carry the G-Unit imprint, it has alot of 50 creative control on it.

Not really.  They don't seem to be milking the G-Unit connection that much in marketing.  If this album flops (which it could, although "Money In The Bank" seems to be doing OK on the charts), it'll be for other reasons.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 05:32:01 PM »
Lol I just saw him on MTV Jams last night sayin G-G-G-Unit!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WC Iz Active

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 05:32:45 PM »
Lol I just saw him on MTV Jams last night sayin G-G-G-Unit!

hahaha another loss for gunit

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 05:34:31 PM »
yea he says g-unit alot on the album.. so it's a g-unit album without the imprint..

lil jon wouldn't let scrappy leave the label but 50 and him worked out a deal so 50 can have creative/financial control of the album... thats why theres so many g-unit features on it.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 05:40:13 PM »
i love the hate

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 05:52:18 PM »
i love the hate

anyone with the line of "my shit going sell/ your shit gonna flop".. deserves a post :)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 05:55:03 PM »
scrappy pushing 100k, dayum, everything on the south selling good right now......even with all the 50 influence, it won't be seen as a flop though, because it lacks the gunit print...the next release from gunit has to be a certified success story ....most likely 50....or buck if he got heat, but maybe it would be better to release 50 first and then get buck out after the regaining their buzz cuz u know 50 aint selling nuttin less than jigga 1st week

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 06:15:31 PM »
scrappy pushing 100k, dayum, everything on the south selling good right now......even with all the 50 influence, it won't be seen as a flop though, because it lacks the gunit print...the next release from gunit has to be a certified success story ....most likely 50....or buck if he got heat, but maybe it would be better to release 50 first and then get buck out after the regaining their buzz cuz u know 50 aint selling nuttin less than jigga 1st week

good point man. but i don't think it'll push 100k.. i don't think it'll get pass 300,000 overall.

i dont know if 50 cent will help g-unit.. he might be scared of his record sales himself and he might know that saying g-g-gunit isn't going to increase sales. he might actually have to put out quality music which doesn't consist of g-unit tags.

he might leave them on an island.. but we'll see.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 06:23:21 PM »
yeah im vibin, see that is how it is for 50 this time, he knows his labels rep is riding on his release, so until it aint bangin, the nigga cant release it....or i hope, because im sick off bullshit releases

i aint trippin homie, i was diggin 50's first album mo than a muhfucker, but most of the shit i heard off him since then has been garbage, i aint one these gunit groupies who checks in every single, gunitwhookid mixtape....what part they on now?? part 12314313213213213543536?? see my point homie? in the end, its all about albums.....thats why to me banks is garbage, he can make a few hits, but never put out a decent album in two attempts with everything at his disposal

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 06:57:26 PM »
the new lil scrappy album is nice.it could be 1 of my top 5 albums of 06

number 3 in my books

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 07:00:11 PM »

So it'll flop because 50 is on it? I hope thats not what your getting at. Damn haters. And anyways, all these G-Unit "flops", if you can call selling 300-500k a flop, were OK albums. 50 Cent/G-Unit aren't releasing bad music by any means.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 07:01:58 PM by King Brant »

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 09:02:25 PM »

So it'll flop because 50 is on it? I hope thats not what your getting at. Damn haters. And anyways, all these G-Unit "flops", if you can call selling 300-500k a flop, were OK albums. 50 Cent/G-Unit aren't releasing bad music by any means.

If you have the Interscope MACHINE pushing your shit and you're only going gold, you have failed. They have most likely barely broke even, based on all the money they put into promtion and paying off clear channel,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 02:24:03 AM »

If you have the Interscope MACHINE pushing your shit and you're only going gold, you have failed. They have most likely barely broke even, based on all the money they put into promtion and paying off clear channel,

chill

2 years ago yes, this year no. Nobody selling shit.

And these GUnit projects other than 50s dont have a high budget. They use lots of up and coming producers. Buck said that they get lot of money from it becuase they dont use hjigh budgets.

And lol at the whole another 50 Cent project will flop. First of all 50 had little to do with it and when other artists create such a powerfull label that sold crazy numbers for 3 years than we can talk. Its normal that in time only 50 will remain selling.

Scrappys album is one of the best from the Suth this year and as long as GUnit keeps releasing dope music I dont care if they sell 5 copies. Neither should you.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 02:33:40 AM by Detox is not not coming... »