Author Topic: A 007 golden eye should be released on a next gen system  (Read 644 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: A 007 golden eye should be released on a next gen system
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 07:36:00 AM »
^ yea, GOAT.. nothing comes close nowadays!

kemizt

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 01:19:35 PM »
Only is its as good.. or at least like 80%+ as good as the original for 64 then they can make it.

We Fly High

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 08:30:38 PM »
i was all about the one shot kills, fuck playing each other with full health. one shots really shows you whose best... i forgot how we did it, but we changed the settings so one bullet would kill you, but it wasnt with the golden gun, we used like pistols.
haha i remember my friends would know all the spawning locations in sequence. if that comes out for virtual console, its a fuckin wrap.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 02:40:05 PM »
i was all about the one shot kills, fuck playing each other with full health. one shots really shows you whose best... i forgot how we did it, but we changed the settings so one bullet would kill you, but it wasnt with the golden gun, we used like pistols.
haha i remember my friends would know all the spawning locations in sequence. if that comes out for virtual console, its a fuckin wrap.

LMAO i remember the spawn sequences too... so when we would play proximity mines... i would load all the spawn points with them... hahah shit was halarious i would get like 5 kills with just killing the person once... lol... keep spawinging and dieing instanly... :-) ahhh damn great memories... i loved and still love this game... im going to go play it now... lol i still have it thankfully :-)

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2007, 03:52:04 PM »
theres a alpha version of a game which is basically goldeneye, but on the source engine(half life 2 runs on it)

its not called goldeneye because of legal reasons

i downloaded it but never got round to playing it

do a google search and have a look at what its about, i think there may be more than one version floating around

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2007, 05:36:10 PM »
theres a alpha version of a game which is basically goldeneye, but on the source engine(half life 2 runs on it)

its not called goldeneye because of legal reasons

i downloaded it but never got round to playing it

do a google search and have a look at what its about, i think there may be more than one version floating around

Link?

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 05:09:52 AM »
website about it

http://goldeneyesource.com/?page=index

actual download for beta

http://dev.goldeneyesource.com/wiki/index.php/Beta1_Mirrors

you'll need steam installed, and the source engine files

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 11:34:00 PM »
went to my cousins today and found them playing smash brothers on n64.  so i told them to put on 007, man that shit brought back old memories of killing people with the golden gun that shit was great haha.  imagine seeing a 007 for 360 or ps3 or wii?  what do you guys think?
Those were too classic games. I'd definatly buy them.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 07:50:48 AM »
EA holding the Bond license is part of the reason.

It's kinda like all the Capcom Marvel games not getting a budget re-release because Activision took over the license.

Yup, thats the reason, EA have the Bond license and won't let them use it cheaply, so it probably won't make financial sense to do it, even though loads of people would download it if avaliable.

With Microsoft buying Rare, Nintendo can release all Rare games that were based around Nintendo characters, but games such as Banjo Kazooie (or however you spell it) that were based around Rare created characters cannot be released on the Virtual Console without clearance from Rare.
What about killer instinct? GOLDEN EYE rocked,still rocks and will rock for ever lol i see ppl talking about the game 10 years ++ from now still saying this game was the shit and still is