Author Topic: Kurupt is Sick on "Candy"  (Read 419 times)

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Kurupt is Sick on "Candy"
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 02:41:20 PM »
I think the song is dope as hell, but you can't even call that short little weak ass verse by Kurupt a "feature." That's shit's a damn adlib.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006, 04:59:04 PM »
Hah, me and my friends make fun of his verse on this all the time.  "Man I don't give a fuck...like fuck it" that line is so BAD that its a classic.  It just sounds like Kurupt got trashed and recorded this verse in one take.  Anyway, when I heard of the lineup on this song, I was expecting a guaranteed classic, and it definitely didn't turn out that way.  But I've always liked it, and now that its getting more radio play its getting catchy.  I thought Eiht sucks mad cock on it though.  Everyone else fine, except I don't like the Snoop part with "Now and laters gum drops jelly beans"

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2006, 08:50:48 PM »
the Beat has novelty, the chorus is catchy. Snoop is funky. 40 HAS SO MUCH STYLE. Daz is very amusing/entertaining. Goldie and Eiht don't fuck things up but I could have done without them, I've never liked Goldie but it's just my subjective preference, I can't say that he's no good.

-T

That's about what I thought about the song.  Kurupt is horrible like he's always horrible now though.  Why else does anybody think they only gave him 6 bars?  It's a charity case.  It's gotten to the point where Daz is twice as nice as Kurupt on ANY track.  Kurupt was crazy back in the day, but hell back then Daz held his own against that anyways... now it's upside down and Daz outshines him every time. 

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2006, 09:57:00 PM »
I think the song is dope as hell, but you can't even call that short little weak ass verse by Kurupt a "feature." That's shit's a damn adlib.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2006, 03:24:33 AM »
yeah 40 snaps best
then snoop
then kurupt
then daz

then eiht

then g-loc

dope tracc, hook was cool, beat bangs