Author Topic: The Official UCLA Basketball Thread~~>  (Read 3214 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: The Official UCLA Basketball Thread~~>
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2007, 06:53:03 PM »
Big win! Collison was stroking the three no homo. I was really impressed with Shipp today too. He def brought his A Game. Same wuth Roll...

The Best of 3 Worlds

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2007, 10:29:30 PM »
Big win! Collison was stroking the three no homo. I was really impressed with Shipp today too. He def brought his A Game. Same wuth Roll...
damn i did it have time to watch its but im sure its was a good games 8)

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2007, 04:20:22 AM »
damn i did it have time to watch its but im sure its was a good games 8)

we controlled from the start, they had a few runs to get withtin a few and even tied once but then wed go right back up by 7. best 3 pt shooting i have seen us have all year. Very complete offensive game. THe 2nd half we broke loose cuz in the last ten mins of the first half the zone rreally stifled us, but we made the proper adjustments in the 2nd half and started to torch it, but that is always easier when youre hitting youre threes.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2007, 10:39:24 AM »
yeah good game for UCLA and congrats to you UCLA fans. But man this arizona team really has problems. They seem to play as if they are uninspired. Sloppy passes which result in silly TO's, missing WIDE OPEN shots, and playing terrible defense. I mean how do you only have 1 foul called on your team when there is only like 2 minutes left in the game? it is quite frustrating and i hope the players can "get it" quickly or else they will be seeing a very quick exit from the ncaa tourney soon

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2007, 06:44:59 PM »
yeah good game for UCLA and congrats to you UCLA fans. But man this arizona team really has problems. They seem to play as if they are uninspired. Sloppy passes which result in silly TO's, missing WIDE OPEN shots, and playing terrible defense. I mean how do you only have 1 foul called on your team when there is only like 2 minutes left in the game? it is quite frustrating and i hope the players can "get it" quickly or else they will be seeing a very quick exit from the ncaa tourney soon

exactly. And they arent a top 25 team right now IMO

The Best of 3 Worlds

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2007, 02:17:28 PM »
Darren Collison Named U.S. Bank Pacific-10 Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Week
Sophomore had career highs in points and assists in weekend sweep in Arizona

Feb. 19, 2007

UCLA guard Darren Collison has been named the U.S. Bank Pacific-10 Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Week for Feb. 12-18.

Collison, a sophomore from Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., averaged 17.5 points and 9.0 assists last week as the Bruins completed a season sweep of the Arizona schools.

In the Bruins' 67-61 come-from-behind win at Arizona State, Collison scored a career-high 18 points. After trailing 49-43 with just over nine minutes to go, Collison took over the game, scoring 11 straight points for UCLA.

Collison followed his career scoring night with a career assist outing in the 81-66 win at Arizona. The sophomore dished out 15 assists and scored 17 points against the Wildcats, with a career-best five three-point field goals, helping UCLA win at Arizona in consecutive seasons for the first time since 1983-84.

Collison's career-high assists marked the second-best total (tied) in UCLA history behind Earl Watson, who recorded 16 during the second round of the NCAA tournament against Maryland in 2000.

For the week, Collison shot 12-of-24 from the field (.500) and was 8-of-14 from beyond the arc (.571).

This is the second weekly honor for Collison and UCLA's 45th Player of the Week all-time.

2006-07 U.S. Bank Pac-10 Players of the Week: Nov. 20 - Chase Budinger, Fr., F, ARIZ. Nov. 27 - Darren Collison, So., G, UCLA. Dec. 4 - Josh Shipp, So., G/F, UCLA. Dec. 11 - Daven Harmeling, So., F, WSU. Dec. 18 - Bryce Taylor, Jr., G, ORE. Dec. 26 - Spencer Hawes, Fr., C, WASH. Jan. 1 - Ivan Radenovic, Sr., F, ARIZ. Jan. 8 - Aaron Brooks, Sr., G, ORE. Jan. 15 - Anthony Goods, So., G, STAN. Jan. 22 - Nick Young, Jr., G/F, USC. Jan. 29 - Brook Lopez, Fr., F, STAN. Feb. 5 - Daven Harmeling, So., F, WSU. Feb. 12 - Jon Brockman, So. F, WASH. Feb. 19 - Darren Collison, So., G, UCLA.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2007, 09:17:41 PM »

1967 UCLA Bruins

Men's Basketball Home

HEADLINES 
1967 Team To Be Honored At Halftime of Stanford Game
No. 4 UCLA Hosts California

Ben Howland Press Conference Video

RELATED LINKS 
• Follow all of the college basketball action at CollegeSports.com

1967 Team To Be Honored At Halftime of Stanford Game
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar will be signing his new best-seller at UCLA Store

Feb. 21, 2007

UCLA will celebrate the 40th anniversary of its 1967 NCAA Championship team on Saturday, Feb. 24, when the Bruins host Stanford at Pauley Pavilion. The team will have a pre-game reception and be honored at halftime. Virtually the entire team will be in attendance.

In addition, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar will be signing his new best-selling book, On the Shoulders of Giants-My Journey Through the Harlem Renaissance, in the UCLA Store (Ackerman Union) from 1-2:30 p.m. Coach John Wooden will also be signing books with Abdul-Jabbar. They will only be signing books purchased at the UCLA Store.

Led by Coach Wooden, the 1967 National Champions were 30-0 overall (the second time in school history UCLA recorded a perfect 30-0 record, matching the Bruins' first NCAA title team in 1964) and it was the Bruins' third NCAA title under Wooden (1964-65-67) in four years.

UCLA was led by sophomore center Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Lew Alcindor), who earned All-American honors. He averaged 29.0 points a game, set an NCAA record by shooting .667 from the field and set the school single-game scoring record with 61 points in a 100-78 victory over Washington State on Feb. 25, 1967 in Pauley Pavilion. He also recorded UCLA's second-best (56) and third-best (45) single-game scoring marks that season.

Joining Abdul-Jabbar in the starting lineup were - at guards, junior captain Michael Warren (12.7 ppg) and sophomore All-Conference Lucius Allen (15.5 ppg), and at the forwards, sophomores, Ken Heitz (6.1 ppg) and Lynn Shackelford (11.4 ppg). Also on the coaching staff were varsity assistant Jerry Norman, head freshman coach Gary Cunningham and the trainer was Bruin Hall of Famer Ducky Drake. Like this year's Bruin squad, there was not a senior on the 1966-67 roster.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2007, 11:13:10 PM »
UCLA Defeats Cal, 85-75
Shipp scored 22 points.

Feb. 23, 2007

Box Score

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Josh Shipp scored 22 points and Lorenzo Mata added 14 to lead a second-half comeback in UCLA's 85-75 victory over California on Thursday night that extended the fourth-ranked Bruins' home winning streak to 19 games.

UCLA (24-3, 13-2 Pac-10) completed a season sweep of the Golden Bears (14-13, 6-9), who had won their two previous games at Pauley Pavilion and dominated the first half.

Freshman Ryan Anderson led the Bears with 21 points and Omar Wilkes was among three players with 10 each.

Cal led nearly the entire first half, opening with a 14-4 run for its largest lead. The Bears shot 72 percent from the field during that stretch.

The Bruins got back into the game on a 19-9 run, capped by Luc Richard Mbah a Moute's four straight points that gave UCLA its first lead of the game. The teams traded baskets before the halftime buzzer, when UCLA led 35-34.

Arron Afflalo added 13 points for the Bruins to extend his double-figure scoring streak to 26 games, tops in the Pac-10. But he finished under his team-leading 17.5-point average on a night when Mata emerged as a clutch free-throw shooter.

Typically, the sight of Mata stepping to the line induces cringes among UCLA fans. He came into the game averaging 30 percent, worst on the team.

But Mata turned in an 8-of-9 career-best performance, while his 14 points were a career high. His streak of consecutive free throws ended at nine early in the second half when he missed the back end after being intentionally fouled by Wilkes.

He steadied himself and completed a three-point play near the end of a 14-6 spurt that opened the second half, drawing huge cheers from the crowd.

Leading 49-43, UCLA outscored the Bears 25-5, including nine by Shipp, for a 74-48 lead with 7 1/2 minutes remaining.

The Bears reeled off four consecutive 3-pointers, which barely dented their 19-point deficit, but they finished with eight and have 202 on the season, breaking the school record of 198 set in 2002-03.

Fans began filing out with nearly four minutes remaining, and UCLA went to its bench before re-inserting starters Afflalo and Darren Collison with 1 1/2 minutes to go and UCLA ahead by 14.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2007, 11:19:15 PM »
we need to win out and we are a sure #1 seed. Maybe #1 overall

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2007, 07:35:23 PM »
Nice win today! We have atleast a share of the Pac ten reg season title. one win by us or one Wazzu loss and we have our 2nd straight Pac ten Reg season title

The Best of 3 Worlds

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2007, 10:49:22 PM »
UCLA Honors 1967 NCAA Men's Basketball Champions
This year marks the 40th anniversary of UCLA's remarkable 30-0 season.

Feb. 24, 2007

LOS ANGELES (AP) - UCLA honored its 1967 national championship basketball team Saturday, reuniting coach John Wooden with his star players from 40 years ago, including Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Michael Warren. The 96-year-old Wooden took the Pauley Pavilion court, named for him and his late wife Nell, to remind the crowd that the team of four sophomores and junior guard Warren was the youngest to win it all.

Wooden joked that Warren "wasn't a bad guard and a pretty good actor, too."

Warren, now 60, went on to an acting career that included a co-starring role in the 1980s hit drama "Hill Street Blues."

"It's one of the most remarkable feelings of all time to be back here with guys I played with 40 years ago," he said beforehand. "To have him (Wooden) still be living and to celebrate is fantastic."

Warren said he's trying to get a film on Wooden together.

The 1967 team went 30-0 and its national title began an unmatched run of seven consecutive NCAA championships under Wooden. In all, Wooden won an unprecedented 10 titles before retiring in 1975.

Abdul-Jabbar, known as Lew Alcindor during his college days, averaged 29 points and 15 rebounds that season.

"We had Kareem, who was unstoppable," Warren said. "He could've averaged 60 points a game if he'd wanted to. This (current) team has some of the same elements. They think about team first."

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2007, 10:48:01 AM »
damn lakers fan its been like 6 pages and me and you have pretty much every post! WHERES THE UCLA FANS AT????????

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2007, 10:53:52 AM »
^^I've been reading more than posting, but I got my share of posts in here as well...This thread will pack the posts when the tourny begins. 8)

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2007, 07:22:54 PM »
^^I've been reading more than posting, but I got my share of posts in here as well...This thread will pack the posts when the tourny begins. 8)
I know ur a UCLA fan. IMO UCLA Does no worse then the Final Four and theere gonna win the pac ten tourney as well. It may sound Funny but the team im scared of a little in the pac ten is Stanford. Wazzu as well but there top ten so it isnt much surprise. But damn Stanford just keeps geting better. And the twins keep improving game by game

The Best of 3 Worlds

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2007, 07:56:48 PM »
damn lakers fan its been like 6 pages and me and you have pretty much every post! WHERES THE UCLA FANS AT????????
i think aint that much UCLA Fan in here,but its will be more thought 8)