Author Topic: D/L Bishop Lamont - No Stoppin' Carson (Produced By Dr. Dre)  (Read 1117 times)

woof

Re: D/L Bishop Lamont - No Stoppin' Carson (Produced By Dr. Dre)
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 11:01:33 AM »
what about the Image Remix is that worth coppin? Is it a new beat, or just added verses?
Same beat, new verses from Black Ty

Here you go doggy...it dont work me for some reason...it might not be there anymore...if not then get at me and i'll send it...if someone else did'nt send it already...peace!!

http://http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=127172.msg1315992#msg1315992
Nah I want Bishop's "Do It" (Prod by Scott Storch)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2006, 11:12:41 AM »
I don't know if this is serious attempt at a song, because I can hardly hear this rapper dude over this beat. This is the first time I've heard Bishop. He sounds like 50 on the chorus.  I can't judge dude lyrically like at all, I can't hear him. He sounds just fine though.

Dre does such good drum programming...He DOES add shit to the chorus-he emphasizes the piano chords heavily, it's a very beautiful effect. This is funky and elegant and most importantly: melodic.

Jrome: Dre sounds uninspired to me.  People immediately hear "Produced by Dr. Dre" and bust a nut without objectively listening to the song.  It's average at best to me.-end quote

If you ask me, people like you immediately hear "Produced by Dr.Dre" and get ready to deconstruct whatever he does because Dre has so much acclaim "Oh I gotta show every one how this is actually whack" DUDE, (you're just one of many cats that do this on this board so I'm not attacking with what I'm saying) but DUDE, don't assume that we dre dickride...Honestly it comes down to money: I want my moneys worth so i go to dre and I haven't felt gypped yet. I've felt gypped before by other artists, dre gives me my fucking money's worth. Dude's funky, I know it's cool to hate on popular people cause you're different and you listen to some dope unknowns or whatever, that's cool but I'm not un-objective cause I like a popular person man. i could give a fuck about dre personally, i have NO reason AT ALL to say some shit is tight if it's not. What the fuck would be in it for me, homey? Dre's not paying me shit. I like the shit and you don't. That's cool, it doesn't mean you're a more objective listener than ANYONE the fuck else.

-T
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 11:16:10 AM by Tanjibility »

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2006, 12:47:06 PM »
props

may only be a short snippet but it's nice to hear.  Props man

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2006, 01:49:13 PM »
I don't know if this is serious attempt at a song, because I can hardly hear this rapper dude over this beat. This is the first time I've heard Bishop. He sounds like 50 on the chorus.  I can't judge dude lyrically like at all, I can't hear him. He sounds just fine though.

Dre does such good drum programming...He DOES add shit to the chorus-he emphasizes the piano chords heavily, it's a very beautiful effect. This is funky and elegant and most importantly: melodic.

Jrome: Dre sounds uninspired to me.  People immediately hear "Produced by Dr. Dre" and bust a nut without objectively listening to the song.  It's average at best to me.-end quote

If you ask me, people like you immediately hear "Produced by Dr.Dre" and get ready to deconstruct whatever he does because Dre has so much acclaim "Oh I gotta show every one how this is actually whack" DUDE, (you're just one of many cats that do this on this board so I'm not attacking with what I'm saying) but DUDE, don't assume that we dre dickride...Honestly it comes down to money: I want my moneys worth so i go to dre and I haven't felt gypped yet. I've felt gypped before by other artists, dre gives me my fucking money's worth. Dude's funky, I know it's cool to hate on popular people cause you're different and you listen to some dope unknowns or whatever, that's cool but I'm not un-objective cause I like a popular person man. i could give a fuck about dre personally, i have NO reason AT ALL to say some shit is tight if it's not. What the fuck would be in it for me, homey? Dre's not paying me shit. I like the shit and you don't. That's cool, it doesn't mean you're a more objective listener than ANYONE the fuck else.

-T

So now nobody can say if shit's tight or not?  Then what the fuck's your purpose for being on this message board?

Dre has still laced some really dope shit, and he has also manufactured some boring shit.  So does every other producer.  But don't act like its sacrelige to say that Dre dropped a beat that isn't mind blowing.  It's like you said, he's not paying you so you don't have to be a blind loyalist yes man to every beat he drops.

You're making FAR too many assumptions about me bruh.  I don't hate on anything JUST because it's popular.  That's pure ignorance.  What is your basis for that statement?  And I'm not even hating on this beat, I'm calling a spade a spade.  It's an average Dre beat - by and large what A LOT of his beats have been in my opinion the last few years.  Dre really impressed me with was his work on Obie Trice's debut back in what 03?  I liked his work on Game's debut, I liked Outta Control rmx, Imagine is dope.  Detox I'm sure will be beyond incredible (if it ever drops). 

But Dre (again, like every other producer) can have a VERY formulaic approach to the way he constructs his beats.  This one for example, sounds like a straight cut and paste of many other of his beats.  Typically, when that happens its usually a product of him giving an artist one of his beat cd's and letting them choose a couple cuts that they want to buy off of him.  But we know Dre's actually in the studio with Bishop, so I'd expect a bit more.  This beat sounds like he's just going through the motions.

Take Jay Z's latest album - Dre was all over it, and in my opinion those beats were decent at best.  But if I remember, those beats were all basically emailed to Jay and he rapped over them.  And it showed.  But none of those beats did anything for me - pretty vanilla Dre beats.

I love Dre man.  I don't immediately look to deconstruct his work.  The fact is that people see that name and their knee jerk reaction is to think it's godly.  And Dre's past work is the reason they react like that, because he's known to drop mind blowing shit.  Fact is, this is def not mind blowing by any means, it sounds so much like many other songs he produces, its just plain boring. 

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2006, 02:08:28 PM »
^^^ Props for the non-aggressive response and very good explanation of your views.

I still think the beat is nice but I agree it's not mind-blowing.

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2006, 02:12:34 PM »
we need the whole song to leak. sounds good

MediumL

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2006, 02:14:49 PM »
Well i heard this beat and didnt know it was dre at first and I instantly thought it was hot. To me dre just has that sound that makes the song really hot, i mean other producers can do some crazy stuff yet it doesnt sound that good in the end, whereas dre can do some simple stuff and it sounds amazing to me.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2006, 02:17:48 PM »
It's a good beat but it is boring, it just loops like all his beats recently.

It's like he fucking only makes 30 seconds of a song then moves on to make another one.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2006, 03:48:44 PM »
Another boring ass Dre beat.

Dre beats are getting worse with the day. Bishop is dope though

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2006, 06:40:28 PM »
^^ you serious? That track was hot, imo. What does it take for a beat not to be boring?

Dre sounds uninspired to me.  People immediately hear "Produced by Dr. Dre" and bust a nut without objectively listening to the song.  It's average at best to me. 

True and not true. The thing is, theres also people that hear this beat if it is said its produced by Dj Quik or Dj Khalil or Battlecat, they'd be like "wow thats fucking dope." But expectations for Dre are so high that if its isnt 5/5 beat its wack.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2006, 06:47:12 PM »
not bad..but shit sounds unfinished

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2006, 09:41:57 PM »
This beat is a banger

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2006, 11:17:27 PM »

-T
YOu damn skippy homie!! Dre Is The SHit Period!! Dont even waist your time explaining shit to that fool! That lame has been bitchin about beats for a while now!! Its obvious that he is hating!! What the fuck does he want!! Boring? What the fuck is he talking about!! He probably doesnt like it, thats it! He's fucken deaf!! Dont even waist your time!!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2006, 01:30:39 AM »
Good song, beat is nothin' special, but it ain't wack or anything, at lest to me.I'm antcipating thje whole song
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2006, 02:00:45 AM »
^^ you serious? That track was hot, imo. What does it take for a beat not to be boring?

Dre sounds uninspired to me.  People immediately hear "Produced by Dr. Dre" and bust a nut without objectively listening to the song.  It's average at best to me. 

True and not true. The thing is, theres also people that hear this beat if it is said its produced by Dj Quik or Dj Khalil or Battlecat, they'd be like "wow thats fucking dope." But expectations for Dre are so high that if its isnt 5/5 beat its wack.

Yeah no doubt Dre has very high standards for himself and from his fans.  It's like I said - it doesn't have to be mindblowing everytime, but this production just sounds vanilla and uninspired to me.  It's also possible this song is incomplete and Dre is still refining it.  But in the current state, it does nothing for me whatsoever.