Author Topic: Corey Maggette Asks For Trade!  (Read 213 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Corey Maggette Asks For Trade!
« on: December 16, 2006, 08:00:23 PM »
Maggette Wants Trade

L.A. Times -
By Jason Reid, Times Staff Writer
December 16, 2006

PORTLAND, ORE. — It appears Corey Maggette and the Clippers are headed toward a breakup soon.

Maggette's agent, Rob Pelinka, recently asked the team to trade the seven-year veteran, and the Clippers have offered Maggette to the Philadelphia 76ers as part of a proposed package for disgruntled star guard Allen Iverson.

And even if they fail to acquire Iverson, the Clippers are expected to trade Maggette this season.

Change can be good, Maggette said.

"Me and Coach [Mike] Dunleavy … we don't see eye to eye," Maggette said Friday night before scoring 18 points in a 109-99 loss to Portland at the Rose Garden. "Coach doesn't respect what I do. If that's the case, it might be time for me to go, move on and have a new beginning. It's better for me to go."

Dunleavy said he must do what's in the best interests of the Clippers.

"I do respect his ability," Dunleavy said. "But I play him according to what's best for our team."

Maggette has averaged at least 20 points a game in two seasons. He volunteered to come off the bench this season and is averaging 14.3 points, but his minutes have fallen from 29.5 a game last season to 25.7 this season.

The Clippers are trying to accommodate Maggette, but they won't make a move unless it benefits them too.

"If it happens it happens," he said. "It would be good, on both sides, if they could get something they need and I got into a different situation."

Although the situation is difficult, Maggette said he's committed to helping his team win.

"This is where I'm at now, so this is where my focus is," he said. "I've always gone out there and played hard, always did whatever I could do for my teammates, and that's not going to change. This is where I am until they make a change."

t.c.o.p.

• 'G'
Re: Corey Maggette Asks For Trade!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 08:11:43 PM »
yeah, i heard about how they offered him to the sixers, i dont think that that would be that bad of a trade, seeing that the rumor was that he would be coming over with livingston as well.
- kemp>mj

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 08:16:37 PM »
Clippers are seriously dumb if they offer Maggette AND Livingston...

t.c.o.p.

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 08:24:57 PM »

yeah i no, im down for it but damn...even though i have seen a lot more dumb ass trades go down...
- kemp>mj

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 08:31:22 PM »
Mike Dunleavy has been trying to get rid of Maggette. Remember, last year he was headed to Indiana for Artest but that fell through.

If the Clippers really trade Cory Maggette and Shaun Livingston for Iverson they BETTER win the championship. Otherwise Elgin just made a huge fuckin mistake.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 08:32:54 PM »
Otherwise Elgin just made a huge fuckin mistake.

Won't be anything new...

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 10:22:37 PM »

extremly dumb! Why would they do that?

The Best of 3 Worlds

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 01:12:51 AM »
no way they should get rid of livingston, he's the future of that franchise, maybe cassell , maggette, a 12th man and a pick but NO WAY get rid of livingston

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ecrazy

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 01:25:55 AM »
no way they should get rid of livingston, he's the future of that franchise, maybe cassell , maggette, a 12th man and a pick but NO WAY get rid of livingston
Yeah, But i think thats the only way they would get iverson, and yeah...Iverson is not coming to LA unless they do that, and if they do, you all are right, they better get a ring or nowhere less than the Western Finals.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 09:55:09 PM »
i dont see the clippers pulling the trigger with livingston.

rik

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 10:19:59 PM »
No way they should give up Livingston.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 10:22:27 PM »
No way they should give up Livingston.

they wont, thats a franchise PG right there, i dont think anyone would be that stupid

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 11:38:58 AM »
What do ya'll think about Corey Maggette for Stephen Jackson? Sounds like a decent trade for both sides IMO. It's not a rumor or anything, I was just thinking it would work well (both players need a change of enviroment and both are about equally matched)...PeACe

everlast1986

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 12:42:00 PM »
That would be a pretty fair trade. Both would do good on the other team.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 01:12:21 PM »
the Clippers suck either way. they really over-achieved last season.

1. Mavericks
2. Suns
3. Spurs
4. Lakers
5. Jazz
6. Nuggets
7. Houston
8. Clippers

^watch!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"