Author Topic: Why Dre Is Preping Truth Hurts Better Than Hittman  (Read 159 times)

Murrow

Why Dre Is Preping Truth Hurts Better Than Hittman
« on: November 08, 2001, 11:11:53 AM »
Here's my opinion...

With Hittman...he came in almost outta nowhere.  We heard about him, but none of us heard him rap prior to "Dr. Dre 2001."  That was the problem, well part of it.  Hittman appeared in 9 of the 22 songs for "2001."  Dre might of thought that was the best time to showcase his new talent, but putting him on just that one album and NOWHERE else has turned out to be a mistake.  He should have planted Hittman on other albums or soundtracks here and there.

Right now, Dre is grooming Truth perfectly.  We first heard Dre talk about her, than we hear he vocals as a back up on songs like, "Nasty Mind."  Just a little taste.  Now with "The Wash" soundtrack, Dre hits us with one Truth song.  A great one to get us drooling too.  Soon, we'll see her on the "Ali" soundtrack for more exposier.  If Dre keeps sprinkling her here and there, people will notice, and when her album rolls around she'll be ready.  The music industry will be too.

After "Dr. Dre 2001," we heard Hittman on one 'underground" mix tape, that DJ Hurricane CD with the song, "Blow Up."  Now how many of us have heard it?  I don't even know who produced it?  Not good, Hitt should have appeared on "B Please II" or "The Wash Soundtrack."  Then rolls around this very mediocre promo album, another not wise move.  I know that wasn't a Dre move.  Dre should have tried to land Hitt a guest spot on some commercial rapper's albums to prep him for a better impact when his LP drops.  Now we are wondering will Hittman ever get his time?

That's how I feel, and that's why I think Truth's album will do well.  I can't wait for her album.

antt213

• 'G'
Re: Why Dre Is Preping Truth Hurts Better Than Hit
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2001, 11:28:59 AM »
dre's doing a great job getting the truth out there. he could have done alot better with hittman he should have put him on the eminem album, xzibit album, snoop album but dre didn't do any of that and most people forgot about him. dre never even talks about hitt but he always brings up truth.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
all hail the underground how that sound-xzibit

Murrow

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2001, 01:53:45 PM »
Also, Dre has done his homework to scout other producers for her album.  R. Kelly, DJ Quik and Organized Noise.  Pretty good.  Dre can handle half the album and concentrate as the usual ex. producer.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2001, 02:39:46 PM »
I think Dr Dre is re-saving him...LoL

I know it sounds weird, but I think he wants to do Rakim first, because he's afraid Rakim would get tired of waiting and just leave...so I'm guessing Rakim is gunna come out, and than Hittman will start appearing on soundtracks, guest spots, and other shit like that, and than Hittman will be released...

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hambone 2 The Dome, Hard As Stone,Took the Throne
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2001, 09:05:10 PM »
i doubt rakim will ever come out..and if hit aint out by next spring....he is leaving aftermath.................

dre is cool we all know that...but by the time hit has his first cD....he might be like 40 lol.......waitin on dre........
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home