Author Topic: My anticipation for Detox is non-existent  (Read 167 times)

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
My anticipation for Detox is non-existent
« on: January 01, 2007, 05:47:09 PM »
I know 98% of this board is salivating at the thought of Detox coming out, but honestly I dont even care anymore.  I am probably the biggest Dre fan on this board but I'm not gonna waste any energy anticipating this album.  Why waste time wishing for things you know you're never gonna get.  Dre showing up on myspace with Bishop Lamont isn't enogh to get me to beleive that Detox will ever see the light of day.  Too many times Dre has been workin on projects or signed rappers that had me hyped up to hear the end results, only to have the projects never see the light of day.  Remember Helter Skelter?  the album Cube and Dre were supposed to be doing together, they had one of the dopest songs Dre has ever recorded "Natural Born Killaz" on the Murder Was The Case Soundtrack that had me anticipating this album like hell, but that was the only song we got from them.  Even when they did get back together after 2001 for a N.W.A. reunion I didn't even get excited because deep down I knew an album would never come out, and guess what? It  didn't come out.  And Detox was supposed to have been album of the year back in 2004, but here it is now 2007 and still no album.  And honestly the stuff Dre has been droppin lately hasn't been that hot.  He has dropped some dope beats (Boss`Life, Round Here)but nothing that justifies the constant dickriding that he gets.  I am not even gonna think about Detox until I see a video for the first single off the album.  All that Detox is coming bullshit that people are saying does'nt excite me.  The only way I'll even believe that he's even working on this album was if I was in the studio with him and witnessed it with my own eyes.

$oKhalifas

• 'G'
  • NOWTHAT$GANG$TA BKA $oCal P$ycho
Re: My anticipation for Detox is non-existent
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 05:54:05 PM »
amen brother.
ive been preaching the same message over at wcrydaz.
people actin like detox is gonna be bigger than the second coming of christ. 
dre did like 6 beats for nas and jigga but none on DA because 50 got him shook.  please.
im anticipating bishop fuckin lamont more than detox. let ny/g-unit have him. theres way more talent on the boards besides dre.

SoCal Iz Active

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 06:01:07 PM »
this thread is the truth. everyone over anticipates every fucking album and when it drops they cry for a week but then 2 years later it's a "classic"  ::)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 06:37:30 PM »
I know 98% of this board is salivating at the thought of Detox coming out, but honestly I dont even care anymore.  I am probably the biggest Dre fan on this board but I'm not gonna waste any energy anticipating this album.  Why waste time wishing for things you know you're never gonna get.  Dre showing up on myspace with Bishop Lamont isn't enogh to get me to beleive that Detox will ever see the light of day.  Too many times Dre has been workin on projects or signed rappers that had me hyped up to hear the end results, only to have the projects never see the light of day.  Remember Helter Skelter?  the album Cube and Dre were supposed to be doing together, they had one of the dopest songs Dre has ever recorded "Natural Born Killaz" on the Murder Was The Case Soundtrack that had me anticipating this album like hell, but that was the only song we got from them.  Even when they did get back together after 2001 for a N.W.A. reunion I didn't even get excited because deep down I knew an album would never come out, and guess what? It  didn't come out.  And Detox was supposed to have been album of the year back in 2004, but here it is now 2007 and still no album.  And honestly the stuff Dre has been droppin lately hasn't been that hot.  He has dropped some dope beats (Boss`Life, Round Here)but nothing that justifies the constant dickriding that he gets.  I am not even gonna think about Detox until I see a video for the first single off the album.  All that Detox is coming bullshit that people are saying does'nt excite me.  The only way I'll even believe that he's even working on this album was if I was in the studio with him and witnessed it with my own eyes.

Don't forget Rakim's album and Hittman's album that never came out. Also, Make Up to Break Up with Snoop, the Chairment of the Boards album with Timbaland.

I was so excited when Rakim signed to Aftermath, the thought of 2 hip hop legends banging out an album seemed to good to be true. Indeed it was. Since then I don't get excited about Dre involved projects anymore.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 06:54:39 PM »
Hmm....thing is, I never expect any Dre-related projects to drop....but since it's actually his own project, there's no doubt that he's gonna drop it. I mean, he had it finished at one point, but there was too much goin on behind scenes and he had to scrap it.

I do think he's taken waaaay too long to do it, and I don't anticipate it with any kind of emotion....it's just more of a "damn..when it drops, it's gonna be fire!" but it's nothin I'm really thinkin of like that.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 08:15:50 PM »
fuck anticipating this shit, I swear sum of yall will be disapointed as fuck

I.B. BLVD

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 08:39:10 PM »
Just try and forget about Detox, then when it comes out you'll be like, damn that was fast.

"Urban Life Near The Beach"