Author Topic: Rotem Rolling With Dr. Dre, 50 Cent  (Read 350 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Rotem Rolling With Dr. Dre, 50 Cent
« on: January 06, 2007, 02:57:41 AM »
Fresh off inking a joint-venture label deal with Epic for his Beluga Heights imprint, producer Jonathan "J.R." Rotem is in the studio working on highly anticipated projects from Dr. Dre and 50 Cent, among others.

Dre's "Detox" has been rumored as near completion for the past three years; will it finally arrive in 2007?

"Dr. Dre's a perfectionist, and if it's not up to his standards, which are pretty much the highest in the game, then he's not releasing it," Rotem tells Billboard. "He changes the sound of music every time he comes out. So though I can't say for sure, I'd like to say it is. Last year he was focusing on Busta [Rhymes] and the Game's albums. But 'Detox' is his main focus now."

And what of 50 Cent, whose next studio effort is due this spring? "I'm working very closely with 50 and he doesn't seem angry," Rotem reveals. "He's at the top of the game. He's focused on making an album to save hip-hop, and I think a lot of people feel that way. 50 is an incredible force, who doesn't need to put out an album for money or respect. He's got both so we're trying to make a new sound. He's a trendsetter like Britney is in pop music."

Rotem has also been in the studio of late with Rihanna, Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, Ashley Tisdale and Hayden Panettiere of the NBC show "Heroes."

And he isn't stopping at hip-hop, either. "Beluga is a mainstream pop label," he says. "We're looking at rock groups, pop, urban male R&B, whatever that will be big in crossover. For us, we have to make sure the artists have the crossover opportunity to become worldwide artists."

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Rotem Rolling With Dr. Dre, 50 Cent
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 03:30:35 AM »

"Dr. Dre's a perfectionist, and if it's not up to his standards, which are pretty much the highest in the game, then he's not releasing it," Rotem tells Billboard. "He changes the sound of music every time he comes out. So though I can't say for sure, I'd like to say it is. Last year he was focusing on Busta [Rhymes] and the Game's albums. But 'Detox' is his main focus now."
???

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 05:41:44 AM »
the new dre album got added to our computers at work (hmv) with a release date of September 07 but im not gonna get my hopes up!

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 05:46:11 AM »
Lol at 50 is makin a record to save Hip-Hop wtf

And lmao at the comparison of 50 and Britney ;D

Rotem is dope tho, and I hope Detox comes out and changes the game.

kemizt

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 05:50:22 AM »
And what of 50 Cent, whose next studio effort is due this spring? "I'm working very closely with 50 and he doesn't seem angry," Rotem reveals. "He's at the top of the game. He's focused on making an album to save hip-hop, and I think a lot of people feel that way. 50 is an incredible force, who doesn't need to put out an album for money or respect. He's got both so we're trying to make a new sound. He's a trendsetter like Britney is in pop music."
I don't believe that, I bet its just gonna be another album for the ladies. It would be dope if they really did that though. But we all know 50 is going for the money.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 07:03:58 AM »
^^^I feel you on that but I have some little hope that 50 will put out something dope

I won't be holding my breath tho
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 07:18:03 AM »
I'm sick of these articles that say absolutely fuck all.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 07:28:49 AM »
I don't believe that, I bet its just gonna be another album for the ladies. It would be dope if they really did that though. But we all know 50 is going for the money.

Just have to wait and see. He said on Hot97 he has been heavily influenced by Rick James, Smokey Robinson and soul music in general.

Here is what J.R. also said about the project:

he opens up just a little bit about 50's music. Just as 50 told MTV News a few weeks ago, he says the leader of the G-Unit is indeed looking to soul music for inspiration.

"I just sat down with him and we went through tracks," Rotem said. "He's definitely into soulful stuff. He's at a level where he doesn't have to put an album out for money or anything — he's in it for the love of hip-hop. For the next album, he's trying to bring a very powerful new sound. He's an innovator. He puts out a sound and people will copy it. He wants to set a trend. At this point I can't give any more details, but it's definitely going to be a remarkable project."

« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 07:31:39 AM by Detox is not not coming... »

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 10:47:45 AM »
isn't this dude britney spears new boyfriend? and isn't he producing/writing most of her new tracks?

i hope he didn't mix up the tracks or give 50 some of britney's left overs.. you know she getting first pick since she give him some...

i dunno if i want to hear 50 rapping over some 'baby one more time' shit... lol jk

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 10:51:24 AM »
isn't this dude britney spears new boyfriend? and isn't he producing/writing most of her new tracks?

i hope he didn't mix up the tracks or give 50 some of britney's left overs.. you know she getting first pick since she give him some...

i dunno if i want to hear 50 rapping over some 'baby one more time' shit... lol jk
Maybe 50 Cent also gave him some :whistle:

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 10:57:17 AM »

no homo

kemizt

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 10:58:42 AM »

no homo
That's in my name so i dont have to write it (no homo)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 11:01:34 AM »

no homo
That's in my name so i dont have to write it (no homo)

ah, now i understand.

kemizt

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 01:52:56 PM »

???

Lol weird huh? Maybe Game was actually telling the truth for once...doubt it.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Mygla

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 05:35:39 PM »

Just have to wait and see. He said on Hot97 he has been heavily influenced by Rick James, Smokey Robinson and soul music in general.

I hope it's one some Ghetto Q'aran or The Good Die Young-shit... 50's been dropping many great songs the last years, but I've always prefered him on more soulful beats like those.