Author Topic: Where are the Barry Bonds fans at  (Read 718 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Where are the Barry Bonds fans at
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2007, 12:11:21 PM »
LOL at comparing Pete Rose to Barry Bonds :-X

I don't think anybody on here should compare Pete Rose to Barry Bonds

simply because nobody ever saw him play

you can still compare the 2, stats in Baseball tell alot.  I didnt watch Willie Mays play, but all you have to do is listen to Joe Morgan or Peter Gammons or any other people his age to know he was the best, Im sorry Bonds is WAY better than Pete Rose and that I know homie.

I didn't say Rose was better

my point is they played in seperate times, were different types of hitters, nobody here ever saw anything but Rose highlights

so to compare them as baseball players in a discussion with a bunch of people under 25, it's not legit

it goes nowhere, notice the last few pages are the same shit:  no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is

and this isn't somebody like Joe Morgan talking about it, it's a bunch of young kids

Joe Morgan also doesn't watch every AB for every single player in the game today, so that's where stats come in.  The last pages haven't been a yes vs no arguement, I proved my point and it stuck.  The better overall hitter is Bonds, just because Rose played in a different era doesn't make it impossible to judge.  Plus, even if you were to get people that actually seen both played and judge them without the use of stats, they won't really know who really is better because our eyes do not tell the entire truth. 

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
Re: Where are the Barry Bonds fans at
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2007, 01:36:11 PM »
when i was comparing the both i was going off contact hitter, you can't deny Rose's achievements give the dude some credit, he played 23 major league years with a .303 batting average that's fuckin impressive.

if you want to go off by who's the better player than yes Bonds is the better player, HR hitter, slugging, and defensive (at his prime) and i would rather see Rose come up to bat than Bonds.  I would rather have the ball in play than have it go over the big green monster.  But if you want to talk about HR, slugging, and power hitters Ruth shits on Bonds and i prefer Aaron over Bonds.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?