Author Topic: Gary Payton FINALLY Ready To Retire After This Season...  (Read 936 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Gary Payton FINALLY Ready To Retire After This Season...
« on: January 14, 2007, 01:12:25 AM »
Payton done?

Janny Hu
Saturday, January 13, 2007

Oakland fans might have seen Gary Payton play in his hometown for the last time Friday. The Skyline High product signed a one-year deal to help Miami defend its NBA championship, but the 38-year-old Payton sounded as if he'd be ready to hang up his sneakers this summer after a 17-year career.

"It's time for me to look at my kids," said Payton, whose oldest daughter, Raquel, will attend LSU next year, and whose sons both play basketball.

"I got to watch them grow up and play basketball, because their pop has never really been to their games consistently. They want a father. My little son always wants me to come to Father Cupcake Day, and I'm never there.

"So next year, it will probably be time for me to do that.

Payton said he will wait until the offseason to make a final decision on retirement.

About damn time...I bet he now wishes he woulda' ran with that ring though.

"THE" MoSav

Re: Gary Payton FINALLY Ready To Retire After This Season...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 02:19:30 AM »
great career. hof imo.
but its time to retire, hes not the glove nemore..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 04:48:41 AM »
Nothing but respect for his career.

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 05:47:55 AM »
bout time....he shoulda retired after he got his ring.  I used to love GP when he played with Kemp and the Sonics but as the years went on I couldnt stand him anymore. 

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 09:40:54 AM »
Good for him.  He had a hell of a career.  Leaving the Lakers with Shaq was the smartest thing he ever did.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 10:35:26 AM »
Good for him.  He had a hell of a career.  Leaving the Lakers with Shaq was the smartest thing he ever did.

He didn't. We traded him and he was pissed off, lol.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 11:04:32 AM »

Let me revise.  Being traded from the Lakers was the greatest thing to ever happen to him ;D

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 11:14:02 AM »
Nothing but respect for The Glove...

On a weird note, last night while watching the Clipper's Vs. Cav's..
I swear I seen Shawn Kemp on the floor wearing the number 23 in a cav's jersey  ;D

Kemp was defo the Lebron of his day..
with nothing but the future ahead of him.
those sonic's with Payton,Kemp,Schrempf,Perkins ect... :o 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 11:20:34 AM »

Let me revise.  Being traded from the Lakers was the greatest thing to ever happen to him ;D

Yup, he definitely found the team that would hand him the championship he couldn't work for... :laugh:

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 11:24:07 AM »

Yup, he definitely found the team that would hand him the championship he couldn't work for... :laugh:

I don't even know what you're trying to say...

GP didn't work for a championship?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 11:32:11 AM »

You really don't get what I just said? LOL. Lets try again...He couldn't win the championship as a leader in his prime, so he looked to sign with contending teams while his career was winding down...Get it yet?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 11:42:15 AM »

You really don't get what I just said? LOL. Lets try again...He couldn't win the championship as a leader in his prime, so he looked to sign with contending teams while his career was winding down...Get it yet?

When you explain it to where it makes sense, I get it.  when you say "He found the team that would hand him a championship he COULDN'T work for" it makes no fucking sense.  He couldn't work for it?  What, was he physically unable to perform and the Heat signed him out of charity? No.  He didn't put in work with the Sonics?  He didn't make the finals with them?  He got beat by the Bulls who were the most dominant NBA team of all time. 

He PLAYED for the Heat and contributed.  No he's not The Glove anymore, but the guy's old as fuck.  He had clutch plays in the playoffs that won them games.  He took a paycut when he joined your beloved Lakers just so he'd have a chance to win one. 

You're a fucking retard man.  GP was one of the all time greats in his prime.  I'm sure Sonic fans were happy that he was able to get a championship.  But you're just a jaded bitch who catches feelings over anybody that's not a Laker and winning championships.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 11:45:24 AM »

When you explain it to where it makes sense, I get it.  when you say "He found the team that would hand him a championship he COULDN'T work for" it makes no fucking sense.  He couldn't work for it?  What, was he physically unable to perform and the Heat signed him out of charity? No.  He didn't put in work with the Sonics?  He didn't make the finals with them?  He got beat by the Bulls who were the most dominant NBA team of all time. 

He PLAYED for the Heat and contributed.  No he's not The Glove anymore, but the guy's old as fuck.  He had clutch plays in the playoffs that won them games.  He took a paycut when he joined your beloved Lakers just so he'd have a chance to win one. 

You're a fucking retard man.  GP was one of the all time greats in his prime.  I'm sure Sonic fans were happy that he was able to get a championship.  But you're just a jaded bitch who catches feelings over anybody that's not a Laker and winning championships.

LOL. who's catching feelings? I just responded to what you said and you obviously got hurt about it...I was proud for GP too, even though he was known as a sheisty guy...PeACe

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 11:49:14 AM »

LOL. who's catching feelings? I just responded to what you said and you obviously got hurt about it...I was proud for GP too, even though he was known as a sheisty guy...PeACe

Hey man, you came at me sideways actin like I was dumb for not being able to understand that stupid statement you made.  I just brought it back.

But back to the arguement that you're trying to duck, why "COULDN'T he work for a championship"?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 11:58:41 AM »

Hey man, you came at me sideways actin like I was dumb for not being able to understand that stupid statement you made.  I just brought it back.

But back to the arguement that you're trying to duck, why "COULDN'T he work for a championship"?

Let me revise.
He ran to a team that would do most the work, cuz he couldn't. ;D