Author Topic: Royce da 5'9" - Ding (Produced by DJ Premier)  (Read 455 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Royce da 5'9" - Ding (Produced by DJ Premier)
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 10:12:19 AM »
alot of people rapped with em that didn't get AM deals. look a the outsidaz. so I repeat my question, he had an aftermath offer?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

1nce was blind

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 07:35:17 PM »
u know I have known about this song for a while but never took the time 2 check it out..............this is a nice song................one question though....whats with the computer clickin sounds on the track?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 07:38:30 PM by dpgc1983 »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 10:04:45 AM »
he had an aftermath offer?

-T

dude he was rapping with em for a long ass time...
alot of people rapped with em that didn't get AM deals. look a the outsidaz. so I repeat my question, he had an aftermath offer?

-T

Funny, when someone can say I'm stupid they will and take a karma point, but then I reply with a perfectly valid thought, noone in fucking sight.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Elevz

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 02:35:27 AM »
Awww, got your feelings hurt? ::)

People are making valid points all the time. It's the good points that I prop. If I were to prop every valid point, I would be having some serious RSI by now, so no thanks.

Luke

• 'G'
  • Roll To Every Station Wreck The DJ
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 02:39:18 AM »

-T

-T

Funny, when someone can say I'm stupid they will and take a karma point, but then I reply with a perfectly valid thought, noone in fucking sight.

-T

what are you talking about dude...i can't touch your karma...i only have 80 some odd posts.

Elevz

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2007, 02:40:04 AM »

-T

-T

-T

what are you talking about dude...i can't touch your karma...i only have 80 some odd posts.

But I can!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2007, 02:54:21 AM »
I was exaggerating, just saying when you do wrong everyone's there to rub your face in it and you're in an empty ass room when you do right. just sighing i guess, sorry shit.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2007, 09:42:53 AM »
i missed the track!!..could someone up the track again???

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2007, 11:55:04 AM »

-T

-T

-T

To answer your question, i beleive royce was going to be offered a deal to aftermath as he was writing and doing songs for Dre, check out the last song on 2001 the message, royce ghost wrote that track. I can't remember how his manager fucked it up but it had him leaving and signing to columbia to later be dropped and forced to release his albums on Koch,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Scream @ Me

• 'G'
  • That Dude!
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2007, 11:57:29 AM »
Yeah, good track..

8)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2007, 12:31:51 PM »

-T

-T

-T

To answer your question, i beleive royce was going to be offered a deal to aftermath as he was writing and doing songs for Dre, check out the last song on 2001 the message, royce ghost wrote that track. I can't remember how his manager fucked it up but it had him leaving and signing to columbia to later be dropped and forced to release his albums on Koch,

chill

His manager probably correctly deduced that Royce would not have dropped an album by now had he signed to the math.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2007, 04:50:10 PM »

-T

-T

-T

chill

His manager probably correctly deduced that Royce would not have dropped an album by now had he signed to the math.

-T

I don't beleive that's that case, Dre had been working with Royce. Other than the 2001 tracks, two other Dre produced Royce tracks were leaked as well 'The Throne Is Mine' & 'The Way I Be Pimpin' so it's clearly obvious they were making music together in the studio. I also remember reading a while back, Royce was so anxious to drop Rock City (his debut album) that he dropped off eminem's tour to focus on it's release. Which pretty much left Em up in arms and forced him to have Proof fill his role as his hypeman. Like I said Royce was then later dropped by Columbia and Rock City and Rocy City 2.0 we're later released on Koch far after the buzz for his first two singles 'Boom' and 'You Can't Touch Me' wore off. By the time they released 'Rock City' feat. Em as a third single, the video and single received little airplay and 'Rock City' numbers fell into obscurity.

Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty decent album, some filler but definately some real heated tracks on it as well,

chill

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2007, 11:51:08 AM »
i feel what you're saying but just for the sake of discussion:

dre making music with you does NOT equal you dropping an album (see: 95% of AM that doesn't have their own labels)

so I stand by my statement.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2007, 05:57:16 PM »

dre making music with you does NOT equal you dropping an album (see: 95% of AM that doesn't have their own labels)

-T

I believe Em assured Royce he was going to drop, he was a higher priority than D12, basically because Royce left it opened the door for D12. You would've seen a Royce aftermath album before D12, so yes he would've dropped,

chill

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 10:24:35 AM »

-T

what leads you to believe eminem assured him of this?

-T

I believe Em assured Royce he was going to drop, he was a higher priority than D12, basically because Royce left it opened the door for D12. You would've seen a Royce aftermath album before D12, so yes he would've dropped,

chill

westcoastavengers.com