Author Topic: Colts Vs Pats  (Read 924 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: Colts Vs Pats
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 09:41:29 PM »
But i dont know how you can the colts have more motivation? The Pats just beat the AFC's best team on the road...

Because the Colts beat Baltimore on both sides of the field. It wasn't mistakes by Baltimore that cost the Ravens that game. It was an Indy defense that showed up to play and played hard. The Colts now know they don't have to rely on an explosive offense and can pace themselves. They have homefield advantage (and more importantly they aren't playing in Foxboro) and they'd beaten this team already. A team that barely squuezed by the last game. The Colts weren't in any real trouble this playoffs so far. That's probably why he think they have more motivation going in. That doesn't mean they'll win though, but I can hope.

The Pats defense played damn well against the Chargers who NOBODY has stopped all year, mistakes or not...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 08:38:10 AM »
But i dont know how you can the colts have more motivation? The Pats just beat the AFC's best team on the road...

Because the Colts beat Baltimore on both sides of the field. It wasn't mistakes by Baltimore that cost the Ravens that game. It was an Indy defense that showed up to play and played hard. The Colts now know they don't have to rely on an explosive offense and can pace themselves. They have homefield advantage (and more importantly they aren't playing in Foxboro) and they'd beaten this team already. A team that barely squuezed by the last game. The Colts weren't in any real trouble this playoffs so far. That's probably why he think they have more motivation going in. That doesn't mean they'll win though, but I can hope.

The Pats defense played damn well against the Chargers who NOBODY has stopped all year, mistakes or not...

The D played okay. I'll hesitate to call letting up 21 points even with 3 self induced turnovers damn well, and the offense wasn't all that great with only 50 yards on the ground and 3 INTs in the air. The Colts weren't explosive on offense either and they didn't play an offense like SD, but they came off of two big wins with out ever falling behind or being in trouble. I just think the Colts are a little more hyped for this gme than NE. Now if this game were at Foxboro and a forecast between 15 and 30 degrees then I'd say the Pats are a little more hyped.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 01:36:20 PM »

The D played okay. I'll hesitate to call letting up 21 points even with 3 self induced turnovers damn well, and the offense wasn't all that great with only 50 yards on the ground and 3 INTs in the air. The Colts weren't explosive on offense either and they didn't play an offense like SD, but they came off of two big wins with out ever falling behind or being in trouble. I just think the Colts are a little more hyped for this gme than NE. Now if this game were at Foxboro and a forecast between 15 and 30 degrees then I'd say the Pats are a little more hyped.

Well just have to wait and see. I think they are both hyped, cuz the Pats are underdoggs this year, which gives them that extra fire..

The Best of 3 Worlds

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 05:17:04 PM »
i fuckin hate both these teams.... dont want either in superbowl...

i guess id rather see NE again, i hate payton manning

fuck the bears, me bein a packer fan.....

SO GO SAINTS!

PLANT

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 05:30:35 PM »
I dont like either of these teams but if the Colts lose Peyton is going to kill himself I think

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2007, 06:32:07 PM »
I dont like either of these teams but if the Colts lose Peyton is going to kill himself I think

i hate the Pats so i hope Colts win
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2007, 07:15:51 PM »

SO GO SAINTS!

Why would anyone hate Peyton Manning? He is with out a doubt one of the era's top players and he's said to be one of the great guys in the NFL off the field when it comes to charities and working with kids. Are you opposed to talent and/or good will?

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2007, 07:27:49 PM »
I am a Patriots fan and I think Peyton a stand up guy. Hes definitely going to be a hall of famer. Its going to be a tough game. If it comes down to a Vinateri field goal than you know its rigged.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 08:36:31 PM »

SO GO SAINTS!

Why would anyone hate Peyton Manning? He is with out a doubt one of the era's top players and he's said to be one of the great guys in the NFL off the field when it comes to charities and working with kids. Are you opposed to talent and/or good will?

I hate Eli

The Best of 3 Worlds

Sparegeez

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 08:42:47 PM »
I'm putting my money on the Colts.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 11:28:03 PM »
I'm putting my money on the Colts.

How much?

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2007, 07:30:56 AM »

SO GO SAINTS!

I hate Eli

I don't know enough about Eli to like or hate him. Hate's a strong word though. I don't hate anyone personally and talent wise I can hate players that suck but keep getting chances. Ad Eli may not be a top 5 QB but I don't think he sucks.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2007, 10:38:17 AM »

SO GO SAINTS!

I hate Eli

I don't know enough about Eli to like or hate him. Hate's a strong word though. I don't hate anyone personally and talent wise I can hate players that suck but keep getting chances. Ad Eli may not be a top 5 QB but I don't think he sucks.

He doesnt SUCK, but imo hes avg no better then Rex Grossman...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 11:02:17 AM »

SO GO SAINTS!

I hate Eli

He doesnt SUCK, but imo hes avg no better then Rex Grossman...

Now that's going a bit far. While Grossman on his best days can be as good as Eli on good days. Eli on his best days smokes Grossman, and Grossman on his worst days is about as good as I am. I can't remember Eli having games as bad as some of the ones Grossman had. The Giants fell behind mid season but most of the team was screwing around. With Chicago they won a lot of games inspite of Grossman just giving the game to the other team.  All the Bears games I saw where they lost or were in trouble it was almost completely because of Grossman. If Chicago didn't win a lot of their games by the Defensive and Special teams scores and had to play more than 3 teams with an over 500 record this season Grossman would have been on the bench by the 4th week. And certainly after the Arizona game. Many criticized Eli for not being able to put a team on his shoulders and lead them to victory. All people in Chicago wanted from Grossman was to not throw the game away and get a 1st down here and there.

Garcia, Peddington, Rivers, Bulger, Roethlisberger, etc: You want to place those guys above Eli fine. But let's not get ahead of ourselves and say Grossman. Eli's numbers aren't too different than Brady's in Brady's first couple years and his numbers in the last playoff game were almost identical to Brady's numbers in the first superbowl he was in. Now I'm not saying Eli is even close to Brady but he is on a team that is a complete mess right now and has been for most of the season. Grossman (and Brady for that matter) have never had to play on descructive teams. They've always had the fortune of playing with men of discipline and teams based around defense. I don't know how Eli will do in the long run but I don't think Bret Favre in his best year could lead a team like the Giants this year to anything close to a Superbowl. If Tiki wasn't there I can only imagine how much worse they would have done.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2007, 04:50:05 PM »
Looking good right now for the Pats.
21-3
Winning me money :)