Author Topic: Big Syke Lawsuit Agianst Fox & XXL Dismissed  (Read 363 times)

Lunatic

Big Syke Lawsuit Agianst Fox & XXL Dismissed
« on: January 20, 2007, 09:59:50 AM »
A lawsuit brought against Fox Television and XXL magazine by rapper Tyruss "Big Syke" Himes was dismissed by a Superior Court judge in Los Angeles on Thursday (Jan. 18).

Big Syke filed the defamation lawsuit in July of 2006, claiming that Fox's local television station KTTV wrongfully accused him being involved in the unsolved murder of Christopher "The Notorious B.I.G." Wallace, who was gunned down in March of 1997 near the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles.

The rapper claimed that a July 2005 news report connecting him to B.I.G.'s murder broadcast by Fox KTTV cost him a "lucrative" record deal with Treacherous Records.

Then, in Oct. of 2005, Hip-Hop magazine XXL also ran a story that implied that Big Syke helped Marion "Suge" Knight assemble a squad of hit men, who then carried out the murder of B.I.G. in retaliation for the Sept. 1996 slaying of Tupac Shakur.

Big Syke was a founding member of Tupac's group Thug Life, which included Tupac's brother Mopreme, Macadoshis and Rated R.

He has denied all claims that he was involved in B.I.G.'s murder and that he had "absolutely no involvement with the murder of Mr. Wallace."

The judge dismissed the lawsuit on the grounds that the stories were protected under the United States' Constitutional guarantee of freedom of speech and that Big Syke failed to prove that the media outlets acted maliciously, or with reckless disregard to the truth.

"We are appreciative of the time and effort the court put into reviewing the case," Himes' attorney, Arthur G. Lesmez told the Associated Press. "We're understandably disappointed in the decision and we're evaluating all of our options."

what I don't get is how can he say this cost him a "lucrative" record deal with treacherous records? as far as we know, he is indeed signed to treacherous records.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 10:03:18 AM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

We Fly High

Re: Big Syke Lawsuit Agianst Fox & XXL Dismissed
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 10:04:06 AM »
what i dont get, is how the deal was even lucrative.. its big syke we're talking about.. haha.

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 10:05:19 AM »
what i dont get, is how the deal was even lucrative.. its big syke we're talking about.. haha.

ain't gonna lie dog, I don't even know what lucrative means :)

I just know he is signed 2 treacherous, so that don't make no sense.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 11:13:27 AM »
Lucrative = $$$$

Man it's a lawsuit. Obviously you gotta overrate the possible deal saying it was a wonderful one, etc..

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 12:06:07 PM »
LOL@Lucrative

Because we know all artists signed to Treacherous are making that bank and putting out material.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 04:09:02 PM »
Lucrative = $$$$

Man it's a lawsuit. Obviously you gotta overrate the possible deal saying it was a wonderful one, etc..

but in the end, he still got a deal with them.

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 06:48:26 PM »
Lucrative = $$$$

maybe hes on about he got fired from them? shit no one knows whos on Treacherous for 100% these days...

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 08:25:48 PM »
Lucrative = $$$$

maybe hes on about he got fired from them? shit no one knows whos on Treacherous for 100% these days...

well one-2 did an interview with dubcnn recently, and he said himself, crooked i, knocturnal, big syke, jayo felony were still signed.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 09:08:51 PM »
Maybe it didn't stop him from getting signed to Treacherous, it just stopped him from signing a lucrative deal with Treacherous ;D

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 09:11:09 PM »
Lucrative = $$$$

well one-2 did an interview with dubcnn recently, and he said himself, crooked i, knocturnal, big syke, jayo felony were still signed.

thats the who's who of pushed back artists right there. all set to drop in 2050.

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 09:22:30 PM »
Lucrative = $$$$

thats the who's who of pushed back artists right there. all set to drop in 2050.

lol. Knocturnal my fav. rapper, I really hope he releases an album soon. on some of the treacherous/afilliates myspace's they've mentioned "book of knoc" album. there suppose to have that "micks tape" coming out soon as well.

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 02:10:16 AM »
stupid media

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 02:19:43 AM »
Lucrative = $$$$

Maybe Big Syke was saying this shit prevented him from getting a 4 albums deal. And now he just has a 1 album deal. I dunno, man. Obviously he's overrating the contract! It's a lawsuit. You ask 10 to get 3.