Author Topic: 2006-2007: NFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nba  (Read 1318 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: 2006-2007: NFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nba
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2007, 01:21:14 PM »
Good job, bud. You posted up the OPINION of those who like football better than basketball, great digging you did there. I'm sure none of them are as dumb as you to actually believe that it's anything other than a personal PREFERANCE though...

lol here we go again. this isn't a discussion of 'hey what sport do you like more' or 'what league is better' is a discussion about comparing the past two years of both leagues......

i like how you  forget that those people are in basketball discussions too...meaning  their opinion is  more fair than yours....you don't even watch football or know what's going on.  that's like some pourch monkey hick in tennesee saying "i don't know much 'bout polyticks , but America has the best healthcare...that's MY opinion because i don't get health care in cannyda." 

again you're making this a 'which sport is better" thread, when in reality it's a 'which league has sold the better product, the past two years'

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2007, 01:23:54 PM »
If you don't enjoy football as much, you wont like their product as much. What don't you get, smart guy? Again, it's a matter of PREFERENCE. Only you don't get this...

I wont debate it but you cant argue with someone who enjoys watching basketball more than football.  Not saying I havnt enjoyed the football season this year, but Ill always prefer the NBA to the NFL.

It really depends on what you compare, and LOL how your teams are doing/how they did.

let's see how the Super Bowl turns out, last years NBA finals went 7 games

The NBA regular season isn't even half over so how can you compare the 2?

Wrong

NBA>>>NFL

Yeah it's a matter of opinion bro's...
Me personaly I'd rather watch paint dry than see some Big ass dudes with no faces (No personality)
bash each other's short sport's shelf life into surgey, not my thing.

this superbowl fuckin sucks for NFL...

the thing is the NFL is also the easiest sport to follow, they only play once a week and the season is only 16 games so basically there is not alot of time involved for people with busy lives, familes, etc, the NBA is great for me cause I'm a single dude but when I get married and have kids and whatever it'll be harder to follow

Its a matter of opinion. People who like basketball are gonna pick the NBA. People who like football like the NFL. I don't see how there can be an argument. Nobody has the right answer. I'm an football fan so I'm gonna say the NFL.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2007, 02:09:22 PM »
If you don't enjoy football as much, you wont like their product as much. What don't you get, smart guy? Again, it's a matter of PREFERENCE. Only you don't get this..

if they don't even watch football then they shouldn't even be apart of this discussion....like you. like i said before a fair discussion would involve people who watch and enjoy BOTH sports....i still win here because the people who watch and enjoy both agree the last two years the nfl has had the superior product.

wont debate it but you cant argue with someone who enjoys watching basketball more than football.  Not saying I havnt enjoyed the football season this year, but Ill always prefer the NBA to the NFL.

see he agree with this sentiment ... you can't argue with someone who hold a bias towards basketball. in order to have a fair discussion you need someone who enjoys both......^notice how he starts out by saying "i won't debate it"

It really depends on what you compare, and LOL how your teams are doing/how they did.
he's not disagreeing
exactly, if we're comparing fist fights of corse the nba wins  ::) but dramatics, cinderella stories, overall play, professionalism, last minute wins, comebacks, individual/team play, rule changes, BALL changes, controversies you can talk about the NFL more possitively than the NBA in these departments

also the biggest football talkers in this forum are niner/raider fans....neither team made the playoffs and the raiders had the worst record in the nfl....but for SOME reason we're all talking about this post season and salivating still

let's see how the Super Bowl turns out, last years NBA finals went 7 games

again he's not disagreeing with me, and this is a fair statement, the superbowl MIGHT suck we don't know yet, but looking at this post season and the teams who made it, it's going to be a slim chance of that.

The NBA regular season isn't even half over so how can you compare the 2?

again like i said  after this post, it's the past TWO years  2006-2007, the nba actually has the advatage here with a whole season and post season under this umbrella,again he's not disagreeing with my argument.

Wrong
wow what an argument  :D

NBA>>>NFL

wow you added someone just as bias as you

Yeah it's a matter of opinion bro's...
Me personaly I'd rather watch paint dry than see some Big ass dudes with no faces (No personality)
bash each other's short sport's shelf life into surgey, not my thing.

he admits his bias at least and says it's not his thing. again you can't have a fair debate if you hold bias. again the people who watch and enjoy both have agreed with me.

this superbowl fuckin sucks for NFL...

gee i didn't know they already played this years' superbowl...lol still the past two years up to this point  of the year 2006/2007 nfl>>>>05-06'

the thing is the NFL is also the easiest sport to follow, they only play once a week and the season is only 16 games so basically there is not alot of time involved for people with busy lives, familes, etc, the NBA is great for me cause I'm a single dude but when I get married and have kids and whatever it'll be harder to follow

fair argument that explains why the ratings have ALWAYS been higher, but touches nothing on the debate at hand '05-07' the nfl >>>NBA

Its a matter of opinion. People who like basketball are gonna pick the NBA. People who like football like the NFL. I don't see how there can be an argument. Nobody has the right answer. I'm an football fan so I'm gonna say the NFL.

again EXACTLY. i agree. people who hold a bias or can't step out side of their bias have NO business debating this.  but people who can talk intellegently with no bias  say the same thing as me. how many times have i said in this thread i'm more of a basketball fan...lol, i'm a basketball player.i love the nfl too but at heart basketball is my first love. but what i've learned  in my life is the ability to step outside of my bias and examin situations. after watching both seasons last year and this year and watching the past two nba seasons....nfl>nba

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2007, 02:54:20 PM »
All that typing for nothing. Jake, I'm not debating anything, it's a matter of opinion and personal preference...You'll never nunderstand this, cuz you got a thick skull with a small brain inside...No wonder you're so jealous of Jews. :-X

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2007, 03:16:37 PM »
All that typing for nothing. Jake, I'm not debating anything, it's a matter of opinion and personal preference...You'll never nunderstand this, cuz you got a thick skull with a small brain inside...No wonder you're so jealous of Jews. :-X

quit hiding behind that opininon excuse, you can apply that to everything , and why debate anything then?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2007, 03:31:31 PM »
There's a reason you don't debate between football and basketball, stick within the borderlines of one sport. Only a jackass would compare the two and say one is better than the other...It's like the rest of the world telling you that soccer leagues are superior because more people watch it and the matches are "more intense" with "better rivalries"...You wouldn't agree with that only because you don't like the sport of soccer. It's a damn shame I have to explain it this much for you...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2007, 03:46:56 PM »
There's a reason you don't debate between football and basketball, stick within the borderlines of one sport. Only a jackass would compare the two and say one is better than the other...It's like the rest of the world telling you that soccer leagues are superior because more people watch it and the matches are "more intense" with "better rivalries"...You wouldn't agree with that only because you don't like the sport of soccer. It's a damn shame I have to explain it this much for you...

it's so painfully obvious you're not reading my posts are you?