Author Topic: New ENgland the Yankees of Football?  (Read 368 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: New ENgland the Yankees of Football?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 10:35:54 AM »
thats one of the realest things ever wrote..
Its funny that he said wrote this because before the game all my freinds were telling me they were rooting for the Colts because they were sick of the pats and blah blah blah...And i asked them to look at the situation and tell me how they could Hate a team Like the Pats..none of them had good answers, it befuddles me how people can hate on a team like the Pats

see i hate the pats and the colts... but i rooted for NE, cuz i really fuckin hate manning. period

You got something against talent?

I may hate the praise Brady gets but I don't actually hate him as a player (and obviously not as a person since I don't know him). He's a great QB, I just don't think he's the greatest playing right now because I think Peyton is, but I have no problem with anyone saying Brady is number 2.

Why do you hate Manning?

You shouldnt have a problem with anyone saying Brady is #1, just like you shouldnt have a problem with anyone saying Manning is #1, Shit this year IMO Brees was the best...

I do think Brees was the best this year. I think Manning is the best of the era. If I think Manning is better than Brady than why wouldn't I have a problem with people saying he's #1. I think both Favre and Young were better than Aikman in the previous era, and Kelly and Elway were just as good in my opinion, yet Aikman is the only one with 3 Superbowl rings. I'd have a problem with someone saying Aikman was the best of his era, just like I do when someone says Brady. I think Marino was the best QB of the era before that followed by Montana and Elway, because I think Montana would have been exposed as hell playing on Miami, and in the 1 Superbowl against eachother Miami couldn't run to save their lives and San Frans Defense was like a killing machine. I remember seeing a tape of that game and they just kept coming at Marino from all sides.

Dude you cant take something away from someone because of who plays around him. PEYTON HAS 2 OF THE BEST Wr's in the league and a GREAT TE, and you act like hes a god...

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 10:39:04 AM »
^^Do you think that Manning would have won with the Pats sunday? Im Sure Peyton would have made Gaffney NOT drop the ball in the end zone, or Manning would have made the Pats Wr's catch those 5 or 6 passes they dropped..Brady has less Talent and Almost pulled it out anyways, give the guy some fuckin credit.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 08:22:17 PM »
^^Do you think that Manning would have won with the Pats sunday? Im Sure Peyton would have made Gaffney NOT drop the ball in the end zone, or Manning would have made the Pats Wr's catch those 5 or 6 passes they dropped..Brady has less Talent and Almost pulled it out anyways, give the guy some fuckin credit.

Wasn't that endzone drop followed up with a TD anyway? So it didn't matter.

Since when is saying "I have no problem with someone calling him no.2" taking credit away from someone? I never said he sucked. I never said Montana sucked, or Elway sucked. I just think that when two great QBs are being compared that the one with the numbers, and the one with the that revolves around a pass offense above anything else, gets the advantage. And guys like Unitas, Manning and Marino are those kind of QBs.

Do I think Manning could have won the game if he was on NE? If Brady was on Indy then yeah I do because I don't think Brady could have staged that kind of comeback. I also think that if both Manning and Brady were traded this year and went to Oakland and Detrot (I don't care who goes where) that Manning would outplay Brady and have more wins but I couldn't name many, if any, other QBs that could outplay Brady and have more wins.

Just because I think Manning is better than Brady and the best in the league doesn't mean I think Brady is anything less than incredible. Here are the QBs I would take ahead of Brady if I were making a super team; Manning, Marino, Montana, Unitas, Starr, Flutie (I'm a sucker for Flutie), Favre, and Warren Moon (all in their prime). With guys like Bradshaw, Elway, etc I wouldn't mind having Brady instead. So for me Brady is already a top ten all time. How exactly am I taking credit away from him?

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 05:18:51 AM »
Its funny that he said wrote this because before the game all my freinds were telling me they were rooting for the Colts because they were sick of the pats and blah blah blah...And i asked them to look at the situation and tell me how they could Hate a team Like the Pats..none of them had good answers, it befuddles me how people can hate on a team like the Pats

see i hate the pats and the colts... but i rooted for NE, cuz i really fuckin hate manning. period

I may hate the praise Brady gets but I don't actually hate him as a player (and obviously not as a person since I don't know him). He's a great QB, I just don't think he's the greatest playing right now because I think Peyton is, but I have no problem with anyone saying Brady is number 2.

Why do you hate Manning?

You shouldnt have a problem with anyone saying Brady is #1, just like you shouldnt have a problem with anyone saying Manning is #1, Shit this year IMO Brees was the best...

I do think Brees was the best this year. I think Manning is the best of the era. If I think Manning is better than Brady than why wouldn't I have a problem with people saying he's #1. I think both Favre and Young were better than Aikman in the previous era, and Kelly and Elway were just as good in my opinion, yet Aikman is the only one with 3 Superbowl rings. I'd have a problem with someone saying Aikman was the best of his era, just like I do when someone says Brady. I think Marino was the best QB of the era before that followed by Montana and Elway, because I think Montana would have been exposed as hell playing on Miami, and in the 1 Superbowl against eachother Miami couldn't run to save their lives and San Frans Defense was like a killing machine. I remember seeing a tape of that game and they just kept coming at Marino from all sides.

Dude you cant take something away from someone because of who plays around him. PEYTON HAS 2 OF THE BEST Wr's in the league and a GREAT TE, and you act like hes a god...

From a Brett Favre fan...Manning makes those two greater than they are.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 05:44:54 AM »

Why do you hate Manning?

From a Brett Favre fan...Manning makes those two greater than they are.

I think any starting WR or TE could go to Indy and after a few months of going through the practices with Manning they'd be top level players. They go over certain types of plays and learn as much about the QB as the QB does about them. That's why you see guys Ben Utecht get as many yards as dallas Clark, and Brandon Stokely go from the number 2 guy on Baltimore to the number 3 guy on Indy and still triple his production.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 10:43:42 AM »

Since when is saying "I have no problem with someone calling him no.2" taking credit away from someone? I never said he sucked. I never said Montana sucked, or Elway sucked. I just think that when two great QBs are being compared that the one with the numbers, and the one with the that revolves around a pass offense above anything else, gets the advantage. And guys like Unitas, Manning and Marino are those kind of QBs.

Do I think Manning could have won the game if he was on NE? If Brady was on Indy then yeah I do because I don't think Brady could have staged that kind of comeback. I also think that if both Manning and Brady were traded this year and went to Oakland and Detrot (I don't care who goes where) that Manning would outplay Brady and have more wins but I couldn't name many, if any, other QBs that could outplay Brady and have more wins.

Just because I think Manning is better than Brady and the best in the league doesn't mean I think Brady is anything less than incredible. Here are the QBs I would take ahead of Brady if I were making a super team; Manning, Marino, Montana, Unitas, Starr, Flutie (I'm a sucker for Flutie), Favre, and Warren Moon (all in their prime). With guys like Bradshaw, Elway, etc I wouldn't mind having Brady instead. So for me Brady is already a top ten all time. How exactly am I taking credit away from him?

he did it the week before...
LOL@ Flutie cmon man...be serious
I guess to me it seems like you are taking ANY Shots at Brady you can find, yet Manning never does wrong in ur eyes..just my opinion.. ;D

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 10:45:52 AM »
But as far as giving Brady credit, u just did so its all good
and yes Peyton makes players around him better...
And about the dropped td by Gaffeny they ended up getting a FG..4 pt swing, how much did the Pats lose by? 4..Im not saying this is why they lost, but IF Harrison had dropped one in the end zone and cost them 4 pts, im sure you colts fans would point that out...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 04:47:17 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you. I never ever mean to downplay Brady as a bad or even mediocre player. He is amazing. I just have my choice and my reasons for that choice.

I would point that out of Harrison if he had a bad game all day, but Jabar Gaffney was one of the main reasons the Pats were doing so well. He had a much better game than any Colts WR in my opinion. He got open, he added yards after the catch he was he was down right brilliant in that TD catch he made. I called him out of bounds on first sight but when I saw the replay even before the ref said it I said he was in and his heels were raised and to have that state of mind in that positions is truly incredible. If Harrison had that kind of game and dropped one or two then I'd be forgiving, trust me.

P.S. You sure you aren't talking about that goofy drop by Caldwell? I don't remember Gafney making a bad drop.

And I do think that Manning is at the level now where he can do no wrong. And I never blame him for a loss. But I've never blamed Brady for any of his losses and put him at that level too. Is Manning perfect? No, no one is. But I'd rather have him on the field than not have him on the field.

I guess to me it seems like you are taking ANY Shots at Brady you can find, yet Manning never does wrong in ur eyes..just my opinion.. ;D

No one will ever turn my mind on Flutie. He took a going nowhere team like Buffalo to the playoffs twice in a row and if he had the chance to play in the playoffs the second year I think he would have taken them all the way. If Doug Flutie had won the Superbowl with that team that year there would be little doubt in anyone's mind. I know should coulda woulda, but he'll always be my favourite player (keep in mind that I'm from Toronto and he was good to our city). If he had the freedom that Peyton Manning has I think you would have seen him make some real waves in the NFL. I know he crumbled in San Diego but he was 39 years old at the the time and the defense was awful. LT wasn't the player he is now (though still good, he is much more of a difference maker these days), and I think once he beat Buffalo that year he lost his hunger. No one expected shit from the Chargers that year. They came off a 1-15 record in 2000 and all of a sudden they were 5-2 and Flutie just showed he was the wrong guy to let go when he went to town on Buffalo. Then they lost 9 straight games and 5 of those were very close and could have went either way. Flutie in that year was a couple years older than Favre is now. I'd like to see Manning and Brady when they are nearing 40. He's not a stat machine but he's a winner and if he doesn't win he'll die trying. I wish the NFL had gotten wise to him earlier in life and plucked him out of the CFL a little 5 years before they did.

And please don't compare San Diego's plunder to Peyton's comeback. San Diego did so many things wrong to screw up that game. And I mean huge mistakes. NE didn't make those kind of mistakes. They may have dropped passes but they didn't give the ball away several times. And even then, Indy was at one point down by 18 points and 15 points at half time. At most The Pats were down by 11 and only down by 4 at half time. They they were with in 1 before SD could score again. This was a simple case of San Diego giving the game away over and again. Not a one man effort by Brady. And not nearly as close as Peyton's second half comeback.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 04:58:38 PM by Shallow »

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2007, 09:22:17 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you. I never ever mean to downplay Brady as a bad or even mediocre player. He is amazing. I just have my choice and my reasons for that choice.

I would point that out of Harrison if he had a bad game all day, but Jabar Gaffney was one of the main reasons the Pats were doing so well. He had a much better game than any Colts WR in my opinion. He got open, he added yards after the catch he was he was down right brilliant in that TD catch he made. I called him out of bounds on first sight but when I saw the replay even before the ref said it I said he was in and his heels were raised and to have that state of mind in that positions is truly incredible. If Harrison had that kind of game and dropped one or two then I'd be forgiving, trust me.

P.S. You sure you aren't talking about that goofy drop by Caldwell? I don't remember Gafney making a bad drop.

And I do think that Manning is at the level now where he can do no wrong. And I never blame him for a loss. But I've never blamed Brady for any of his losses and put him at that level too. Is Manning perfect? No, no one is. But I'd rather have him on the field than not have him on the field.

No one will ever turn my mind on Flutie. He took a going nowhere team like Buffalo to the playoffs twice in a row and if he had the chance to play in the playoffs the second year I think he would have taken them all the way. If Doug Flutie had won the Superbowl with that team that year there would be little doubt in anyone's mind. I know should coulda woulda, but he'll always be my favourite player (keep in mind that I'm from Toronto and he was good to our city). If he had the freedom that Peyton Manning has I think you would have seen him make some real waves in the NFL. I know he crumbled in San Diego but he was 39 years old at the the time and the defense was awful. LT wasn't the player he is now (though still good, he is much more of a difference maker these days), and I think once he beat Buffalo that year he lost his hunger. No one expected shit from the Chargers that year. They came off a 1-15 record in 2000 and all of a sudden they were 5-2 and Flutie just showed he was the wrong guy to let go when he went to town on Buffalo. Then they lost 9 straight games and 5 of those were very close and could have went either way. Flutie in that year was a couple years older than Favre is now. I'd like to see Manning and Brady when they are nearing 40. He's not a stat machine but he's a winner and if he doesn't win he'll die trying. I wish the NFL had gotten wise to him earlier in life and plucked him out of the CFL a little 5 years before they did.

And please don't compare San Diego's plunder to Peyton's comeback. San Diego did so many things wrong to screw up that game. And I mean huge mistakes. NE didn't make those kind of mistakes. They may have dropped passes but they didn't give the ball away several times. And even then, Indy was at one point down by 18 points and 15 points at half time. At most The Pats were down by 11 and only down by 4 at half time. They they were with in 1 before SD could score again. This was a simple case of San Diego giving the game away over and again. Not a one man effort by Brady. And not nearly as close as Peyton's second half comeback.

On the part i put in bold, i was reach a little  ;D
About Gafney dropping passes i did mean Caldwell and i dont know why i put Gaffney.But Caldwell had several drops, and that TD drop was horrid he was WIDE open..and we will always argue about Manning vs Brady but i dont hate on you for saying Manning is #1 cuz he is amazing, i just think Brady is better, so it is what it is

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2007, 04:12:00 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah, Caldwell had some bad plays.

I'll argue Manning over Brady until I see something to the contrary. If Manning starts slumping after this year and Brady wins 1 or 2 more Superbowls and plays great until his mid to late 30s then I'll change my mind based on career performance. If Manning wins next week then wins the next year or again or does something like 3peat, or ends up with 4 Superbowls winning his last one at 40 years old (all hypothetical of course) then I'd call Manning the greatest ever and would even bother arguing with anyone that says Brady. The fact that I argue so much tells how close the two are. If you had said Big Ben or Jon Kitna were better than Manning I wouldn't even have responded with more than one post dismissing the claim.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2007, 09:21:48 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'll argue Manning over Brady until I see something to the contrary. If Manning starts slumping after this year and Brady wins 1 or 2 more Superbowls and plays great until his mid to late 30s then I'll change my mind based on career performance. If Manning wins next week then wins the next year or again or does something like 3peat, or ends up with 4 Superbowls winning his last one at 40 years old (all hypothetical of course) then I'd call Manning the greatest ever and would even bother arguing with anyone that says Brady. The fact that I argue so much tells how close the two are. If you had said Big Ben or Jon Kitna were better than Manning I wouldn't even have responded with more than one post dismissing the claim.

I think Big Ben and the Steelers will be MUCH better next year..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2007, 11:30:51 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think they are a great team and could go far any year. Ben has shown he is great for a secondary role. The team was built a lot more around defense and run and very little around passing. But he was good enough to make the passes that counted when you didn't expect a pass. He's rarely shown me that he can lead a whole game, much less a season with his arm. Of course that doesn't mean he can't, that just means he hasn't. He did alright last year but his INT number were huge considering his number of attempts.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2007, 11:57:17 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think they are a great team and could go far any year. Ben has shown he is great for a secondary role. The team was built a lot more around defense and run and very little around passing. But he was good enough to make the passes that counted when you didn't expect a pass. He's rarely shown me that he can lead a whole game, much less a season with his arm. Of course that doesn't mean he can't, that just means he hasn't. He did alright last year but his INT number were huge considering his number of attempts.

Hes only played 3 years give him some time  ;)
Yeah he had to throw way to much last year, but he had several 300 yd games, he was actually pretty damn good fantasy QB, but if the Steelers want to be a SB contender again, he needs to throw 20-25 maybe 30 but not 40-50 passes per game like this last year. You are bound to throw INT's when you have to throw 50 times a game, constantly down by 10-20 pts. So it was more the defense this year then BEN IMO

The Best of 3 Worlds