Author Topic: I can't believe I slept on this shit  (Read 318 times)

everlast1986

I can't believe I slept on this shit
« on: January 29, 2007, 10:10:15 AM »
And I didn't know there was a video for the best song on the album.

Go to the music store near you and buy Lake & Cormega - My Brothers Keeper right now because its definetly worth your money. Or if you're lucky i'll just hook it up later because i know how some of you feel about buying music.

Chief

Re: I can't believe I slept on this shit
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 10:18:15 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7_rBidCkJxo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7_rBidCkJxo</a>

Jakubs

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 05:35:24 PM »
That song was cool. I'll have to check this album out.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 05:38:44 PM »
mr t has an album?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 06:34:46 PM »
That was great - never saw the vid.  Props.

Mr. Cheeks in the house!!!!  But yeah, I have this album.  It's really solid all the way through.  Lake & Mega are so dope to me - it's great that they did this album.  I'd def recommend it.

I love any song like this that is just real smooth, real music.  Plus he's giving it up to all the peeps that came before him from the Bridge, so i'm lovin that too.

It always seemed like Brooklyn had the hardest dudes, but Queens turned out some of the most diverse and quality hip hop.  I think I'll listen to some Juice Crew now.

herpes

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 07:02:22 PM »

It always seemed like Brooklyn had the hardest dudes, but Queens turned out some of the most diverse and quality hip hop.  I think I'll listen to some Juice Crew now.
see everyone thinks that, but remember during the east/west beef the only rappers really reppin for the east was rappers from queens.

But back to the album, it really was a solid album. QU side is the joint.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 08:09:28 PM »

see everyone thinks that, but remember during the east/west beef the only rappers really reppin for the east was rappers from queens.

Never thought about that...lets see - LL, Mobb Deep, who else am I forgetting?

As for BK, Junior Mafia wanted to respond but Biggie wouldn't let them.  And of course BIG responded on Long Kiss Goodnight.

herpes

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 08:40:15 PM »

Never thought about that...lets see - LL, Mobb Deep, who else am I forgetting?

As for BK, Junior Mafia wanted to respond but Biggie wouldn't let them.  And of course BIG responded on Long Kiss Goodnight.

cnn and tragedy.  Even Nas had lines going at 2pac on mixtapes like 17 inch parellis rolling over makaveli.  The rest of NY was quiet.

ABN

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 08:53:01 AM »
Lakey´s a cool guy but his rhymes are weak as fuck. dunno why Mega wasted several dope verses on this album. The Oath is pretty good aswell but just coz you grew up with Nas,Mega,Havoc etc doesn´t mean you´re a good rapper.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 04:50:39 PM »
Funny, I just bumped Lake's mixtape from last year when I got off from work... Mr. Cheeks is great on the hook I love this song, the album was pretty good too. Walk Through Heaven is my fav joint...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Jakubs

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 07:40:34 PM »

mr t has an album?

I was referring to the link posted by the threadstarter.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

eqmatik

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 07:04:52 AM »
Thanks for putting me on, this album sounds dope.

Throwback

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 08:55:41 AM »
the vid looks like a ruff ryders video. but the track is nice. care to upload the album?