Author Topic: Lil Jon Wants Rock, Hip-Hop To Blend On Solo Album  (Read 230 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lil Jon Wants Rock, Hip-Hop To Blend On Solo Album
« on: January 23, 2007, 05:07:52 PM »
January 23, 2007, 1:30 PM ET

Hillary Crosley, N.Y.
Lil Jon is hard at work on his first solo album, "Crunk Rock," but the artist is taking his time with the TVT project, expected sometime in the second quarter of the year. The new track "Snap Yo Fingers" featuring E-40 and Sean Paul of the Youngbloodz topped Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart last August, and some fans were confused when an album never followed.

"I dropped 'Snap Yo Fingers' because I was going through the drama with TVT Records, and I wanted to show people that I didn't go anywhere," Lil Jon tells Billboard. "TVT and I eventually settled our differences. So I was caught between a rock and a hard place, because it was really the first single for 'Crunk Rock.' So it was either promote the record for a nice look in the marketplace, or we don't do anything and start from scratch when I do put my record out."

Lil Jon looked into ending his TVT contract in late 2005. However TVT met his demands, which he won't discuss, by spring of 2006 and he remains signed to the imprint. Choosing the marketplace option, Jon promoted "Snap," and is now back in the studio prepping "Crunk Rock."

"It's not a compilation," Jon says. "But it'll have a lot of appearances, like how Dr. Dre does his records. There'll be a hip-hop side and a rock side. It's a mixture of all the sh*t I've done. Like Run-D.M.C. rapping over a hard rock track, I'm going to go back to some of those hard guitars over hip-hop beats. I won't do a Metallica song, but I'll take a Metallica riff and put it over a gangsta beat."

A few tracks that have already been recorded are "Lil' Wayne and Ciara on a song together called 'Roll Call,' me and Three 6 Mafia [on a song] called 'Act a Fool,' me and R. Kelly on a song called 'Myspace,' and Nate Dogg has a song too but I don't know what that's called yet," Jon says.

"Act a Fool" has already appeared on Lil Jon's MySpace site. "It had almost 500,000-600,000 hits in like 24 hours and the song is building in the clubs," he enthuses.

WILL-I-DIE

Re: Lil Jon Wants Rock, Hip-Hop To Blend On Solo Album
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 05:12:06 PM »
wasnt this suppose to come out last year

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 05:15:59 PM »
OKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The 18th Letter

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 06:05:36 AM »

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??!!

Chief

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 06:22:56 AM »

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!

Diabolical

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 08:45:32 AM »
WAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 09:43:11 AM »
jon wont last too long in my oppinion.  this is just an attempt to evlove the sound he was in  part responsible for creating.  and that sound is so limited and basic that....i predict a flop, and then a minni vanilli. 

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Kool Beenz

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 09:53:23 AM »
rock and rap never mix together unless its areosmith and run dmc

The.Game

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 10:46:16 AM »

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!

lol I Think Those 3 Words Are All Lil Jon Knows
Fuck's Wrong With That Nigga Man?!

If The Good Die Young? Then The Greats Go To jail

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 12:15:39 PM »

or the beastie boys

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 12:49:55 PM »

or the beastie boys

I can't stand Beastie

kemizt

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 04:31:34 PM »
im with it. whatever gets drunk white girls pullin ther titties out. i know some of u underground homos dont like that

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 04:39:54 PM »
I like Lil Jon's crunk records for the fact that it gets bitches open in the club, but the rock songs he did on Crunk Juice were trash. Not looking foward to an album thats half rock and rap, especially if Lil' Jon is doing it. The only one who could pull that off IMO would be Devin. He could do a country-rap record lol.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 05:05:29 PM »
jon wont last too long in my oppinion.  this is just an attempt to evlove the sound he was in  part responsible for creating.  and that sound is so limited and basic that....i predict a flop, and then a minni vanilli. 

Why? Lil Jon is one of the most recognizable producers, one of the most popular southern artists, has gone plat multiple times, has had mulitple top 10 singles, he drops top singles without an album even coming out, and hes been around in music for 8+ years in the mainstream.

Use logic when predicting the end of his career. With a top 10 single 2 months ago, without a video, or an album. Lil jon will be around a long time. He makes popular music.