Author Topic: What Happen To The Game & Doctor’s Advocate ?  (Read 779 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: What Happen To The Game & Doctor’s Advocate ?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 10:08:27 PM »
Of course they won't play 8 minutes of the song. There are a lotta singles that are like 5 and 6 min long, but on TV and radio, they only play 3.5-4 min.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 10:15:53 PM »
I say Compton should be his 3rd single.

times are hard. on top of DLing illegally, you can DL legally, like at Sam Goody or iPod, and buy songs. iPods are selling more, and people are DLing off iTunes now, instead of getting those soundscans numbers up in the local store. So it's many things that contributed to lower sales.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 11:08:52 PM »
Of course they won't play 8 minutes of the song. There are a lotta singles that are like 5 and 6 min long, but on TV and radio, they only play 3.5-4 min.

true...and thats the whole thing... that song was made to be an 8 minuter... I can't picture a 3 minute version... thats a grand finale' song.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 11:21:58 PM »
Back in the 70s, a gold record was a prized thing. Anything high just didn't happen. It wasn't until the early 90s that platinum was what record companies started to strive for because that is the only way they make money. Any artist will tell you that the REAL money is made doing shows, not from album sales. Sales only helps the artist get their name out and recoup the money that was spent making the the album.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 12:43:27 AM »
Back in the 70s, a gold record was a prized thing. Anything high just didn't happen. It wasn't until the early 90s that platinum was what record companies started to strive for because that is the only way they make money. Any artist will tell you that the REAL money is made doing shows, not from album sales. Sales only helps the artist get their name out and recoup the money that was spent making the the album.

word, most artists are performative or demonstrative in some sense with or without albums, records, or even books.+1

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 12:56:04 AM »

times are hard. on top of DLing illegally, you can DL legally, like at Sam Goody or iPod, and buy songs. iPods are selling more, and people are DLing off iTunes now, instead of getting those soundscans numbers up in the local store. So it's many things that contributed to lower sales.

plus music in general these days are just not that good as it used to be...hiphop, r&b, rock, etc...if you put out a wack product, it deserves to get flopped.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 01:15:26 AM »

plus music in general these days are just not that good as it used to be...hiphop, r&b, rock, etc...if you put out a wack product, it deserves to get flopped.

there's always beena  grip of whack music, it just always feels like the past is better because all you remember from the past is the good shit because most garbage music is unmemorable.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2007, 10:44:38 AM »
you gotta remember the market ain't what it was from even 2 years ago when Game released his first album, i'm sure he'd like to sell more but TI had the highest selling album of last year and was only at 1.6 million, 800k in todays world is not that bad, the days are gone when your seeing 3 and 4 times plat albums

real spit

The Best of 3 Worlds