Author Topic: So Steve Nash is pretty much a 3 time MVP?  (Read 850 times)

PLANT

Re: So Steve Nash is pretty much a 3 time MVP?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 04:32:33 PM »
I have  a feeling they will never give the MVP to Kobe, we all know he's the best player anyway but it sucks that he doesn't get his props, If they give it to Nash 3 years in a row there is something wrong with that, I don't think even Jordan won it 3 times in a row

I don't think any player as ever won it three times in a row.
Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain and Larry Bird all won 3 MVPs in a row.  Nash is more deserving of the MVP this year than any previous year he won it.  Career high in PPG, leading the league in Assists, 2nd in the league in 3 point percentage.  Not to mention hes been the catlylist for 2, 15 game winning streaks (only 4 teams to do that in NBA histroy) an all those teams went on to win the title.  You could make cases for Kobe and Dirk too, but halfway thru, Id still pick Nash.  The only problem that I have with Arenas is that he could have huge games and the Wizards will lose sometimes.  He just scored 33 against Nash' Suns and the Wizards still got blown out by Pheonix when Nash had 28 points and 14 assists.

Yeah but Phoenix is doing the same thing they've been doing. They're always going to lead the league in scoring, assists, fg%, win a lot of games, then lose in the 3rd round of the playoffs. If that's the case then he's the MVP for the next 5 years. Give that shiet to Dirk or Kobe.
If you gave it to Kobe last year I woulda ended up saying "they lost to the Suns in the playoffs, why not give it to Nash?"  Same goes for this year.  Its really a toss up.  Nash, Kobe or Dirk.  I wouldnt argue with any one of them getting the MVP.  People are going to have a hard time not voting Nash in when Pheonix is better than last year, and Nash is having a better season than the previous two times he won MVP.  Thats all Im saying, not tryin to say Kobe or Dirk doesnt deserve the award.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 08:12:42 PM »
i think so
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 08:26:15 PM »
I don't mind seeing him get it this year because he really is deserving but I truly beleive Kobe was robbed last year. 

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 09:16:04 PM »
I don't mind seeing him get it this year because he really is deserving but I truly beleive Kobe was robbed last year. 

+1 for youre screename

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2007, 03:58:36 PM »
This would be pathetic, Nash does not deserve to be placed in a category with the other 3 time MVPs, IMO he's not even the best on his team!...With that being said, the media will still give it to him, seeing how the MVP award has been a popularity contest for some time now anyways...PeACe

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2007, 06:48:30 PM »
This would be pathetic, Nash does not deserve to be placed in a category with the other 3 time MVPs, IMO he's not even the best on his team!...With that being said, the media will still give it to him, seeing how the MVP award has been a popularity contest for some time now anyways...PeACe

You got the popularity contest part right, I hink we'd all agree that the all star game is the same thing now

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2007, 09:23:45 PM »

oh god quit being bias.....they're not going to say "we can't give it to nash for the third year in a row because he's not as good as wilt. bird. or russle" lol no one in the league is .  the mvp is the player who means the most to his team an did the most with that team......with the mavs and the suns being the two best teams in the league....it's of corse going to be a closer race between dirk and nash  than kobe.  nash is having a fabulous year and he'd more than deserve that award if he got it, in all honesty he's less popular than kobe. and he's probably marginally more popular than dirk. if the suns finnish first I"D vote for nash.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2007, 02:25:20 AM »
IMO he's not even the best on his team!

So you're finally ready to admit Stoudemire is THAT nigga?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2007, 02:42:32 AM »
Kobe. They've always said Kobe was selfish, a ballhog, a "give me the ball" type of guy. This year he's playing always putting the interest of the team first, sharing the ball very well (even with Odom out), averaging 10 or 11 assists per game in a pair of games, he's defending well, he's acting like a real leader. And the Lakers are Winning! Even without Odom. So give him props. Nash? Naaa. C'mon he's already 2x MVP. It's Kobe or Dirk. They've already proved last season they're worth it. So let's give it to one of those two. I'm supporting Kobe just cause he's doing something people thought he wasn't capable of doing. And because Lakers are winning, even without Odom and Brown. So let's give it to him. This is the year. That's the Kobe they should celebrate.

wcsoldier

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2007, 04:34:16 AM »
I'm sure the votes will end up like this

1. Nash
2. Dirk
3. Kobe

Now imo if we finish with 50+ wins, Kobe deserves to win it for the reasons Antonio said above... once again some of these "experts" would prefer to die instead of giving it to Kobe...

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2007, 05:32:08 AM »
I would personally give it to Dirk, but Nash will get it especially looking at their record, Kobe deserves consideration but if he avgd 35 and still didn't get it I don't see how they are going to give it to him this year

wcsoldier

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2007, 05:37:33 AM »
^^^^ Stats aren't the most important thing in this award... team record is... trust me Kobe got more chances this year than last one to win it... especially since he's seen as a "team player"...

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2007, 05:40:05 AM »
^^^^ Stats aren't the most important thing in this award... team record is... trust me Kobe got more chances this year than last one to win it... especially since he's seen as a "team player"...

true, but he still has Nash and Dirk to compete with, as he did last year

wcsoldier

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2007, 05:44:57 AM »
^^^ yep.. as I said I don't see him winning it... the only way he would have a shot is if/when LAL got the best record in the NBA...

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2007, 05:49:30 AM »
Our potentially 4th best record in the West is as impressive as the ones of Dallas and Phoenix, imho. Expecially if you consider we played without Odom, Mihm and Brown, potentially 3 starters. Shit if only we didn't lost those stupid games against wack teams!