Author Topic: So Steve Nash is pretty much a 3 time MVP?  (Read 855 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: So Steve Nash is pretty much a 3 time MVP?
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2007, 12:50:41 AM »

did you read my post? i said kobe deserved it more last year....holy moses herschel.  also you're talking about how YOU think the mvp should be voted on....you're showing an ignorance to how the mvp is voted upon and has been voted upon for YEARS. yes that's how the MVP is voted upon the  the most valuable player to the team with the most impressive record. not the best player in the league, like i said if that was the case jordan would have 10 plus mvps. and it's not about how well nash distributes the ball.  it's how well nash fits into the definition the NBA has set up for it's MVP.
leader of the suns=steve nash
most impressive record in the league=the pheonix suns
mvp=steve nash .....as of right now, who knows it might change

2005/2006

leader of the lakers-kobe
most impressive record in the league=la lakers
mvp should've been kobe....was robbed

2004-2005

leader of the heat-shaq
most impressive record in the league=miami heat
mvp should've been shaq...

steve nash DID not deserve it the last two years but he more than deserves it this year.

How is the Suns record more impressive than the Lakers record when they played motsly sub-.500 teams and the Lakers had half of their players injured for most of the season so far, including Odom for 21 games and Kwame even more than that...Either way, if the dumbass journalists vote on the MVP based on who they think is most valuable to their team then that doesn't mean they're right, Jake. The MVP is not a team award, it's a league award...And Steve Nash is not MVP (let alone 3-time consecutive MVP) material in my book...PeACe

unless you can change 50 plus years of the way players are voted for ....it's only your opinion

unless you can

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2007, 09:50:08 AM »
Every journalist votes by his own standards...There isn't a guide to voting on the MVP, it's a pretty self explanatory award...MOST VALUABLE PLAYER. The dumbass media will find any reason to give the award to who they like most, and that's how it's been every year for quite some time now...PeACe

PLANT

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2007, 10:18:30 AM »
MVP or not, Nash is fuckin crazy.  18 assits lastnight, It seems like now 15-20 assists is normal for him, hes doing it all the time these days.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2007, 10:53:41 AM »
NIK, to be fair, Magic won the MVP 3 times and he was never known for his defense.

I'm not saying that Nash is as good as Magic since he isn't but he's the closest thing to Magic in the game today. Kobe should have won last year but it's not like Nash didn't earn it and Nash is playing even better this year. For a guard to shoot over 50% from the field is astonishing. He made a scrub like Tim Thomas a multimillionaire.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2007, 11:52:00 AM »
NIK, to be fair, Magic won the MVP 3 times and he was never known for his defense.

I'm not saying that Nash is as good as Magic since he isn't but he's the closest thing to Magic in the game today. Kobe should have won last year but it's not like Nash didn't earn it and Nash is playing even better this year. For a guard to shoot over 50% from the field is astonishing. He made a scrub like Tim Thomas a multimillionaire.

Comparing Magic to Nash is a fucking joke, homie...Magic was still always a solid defender and even played very good defense in his prime years... not even semi-comparable to the type of player that gets beat off the dribble every time down on the defensive end, pretty much relying on secondary defense each and every time...

And sorry, man, it was the SYSTEM that made Tim Thomas a multimillionare, not Nash. A system that allows you to run around and jack up shots at will is always gunna make a player like Tim Thomas look good...Not saying Nash has nothing to do with it, but he's definitely not the sole purpose...PeACe