Author Topic: WTF !! FUCK THE NBA , KOBE SUSPENDED FOR TONIGHT GAME  (Read 2767 times)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WTF !! FUCK THE NBA , KOBE SUSPENDED FOR TONIGHT GAME
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2007, 03:39:47 PM »
I tried to email those fucks, but there was an error message.

Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2007, 03:52:14 PM »
Damn the NBA is way fucking wrong about this incedent.If you look at the play Manu blocked Kobes shot but while Kobe was coming down it looked as if though he stuck his arm out so Manu couldnt get to the live ball after it had been blocked.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2007, 04:09:22 PM »
I couldn't find a clear video of the incident, and I know all of you Laker fans will hate me, but it looks like Kobe did take a wider than usual follow through after being blocked.

With that said, I don't think it deserves a suspension like Stern does. I'm sure if he got his way, the NBA would look more like the WNBA. Basketball is a contact sport and it's not like Kobe actually took a swing on Ginobli, so if the refs don't call it, then it's not a problem.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2007, 04:15:41 PM »
this is an absolutly obsurd suspension...whats next?

The Best of 3 Worlds

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2007, 04:21:46 PM »
I was watching the game when it happened and I thought it def should have been called when he did it.  Watch the replay - it def wasn't his natural follow through the way he flailed his arms.  Now granted, he might have just been flopping and inadvertantly smashed manu in the face, that I can't call. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-a7TGrVIu3o" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-a7TGrVIu3o</a>

How come you guys aren't bitching about KG's suspension the other night?  What about Melo for getting however many games for throwing one punch?  There must be a grand conspiracy against those guys as well.

And LMMFAO @ NIK screaming and crying like someone killed his mom.  And then you call the NBA???  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  It's a fucking basketball game - get a life.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2007, 04:24:35 PM »
LMAO. Anyone who says that was intentional is a straight up Kobe hater. Ginobli himself said it was unintentional. Popovich was quoted saying Kobe is not that type of player and it definitely was incidental. And LMFAO even more at people saying it deserved a suspension when people get hit in the face in pretty much every game...viscious shit like Raja Bell's clothesline recieve the same penalty. Shaq elbowing muthafuckaz in the head throughout his career with nothing being said...LOL

Low Key, I posted the video in my first reply to this thread...PeACe

rik

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2007, 04:25:38 PM »
To Jrome. Well Melo punched a player causing a brawl. KG swung at a player. There isn't any indisputable evidence that Kobe did that on purpose.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2007, 04:30:18 PM »
Granted, this vid isn't the NBA, but it was every bit as controversial to those who follow Big XII basketball.  Just a couple weeks ago Oklahoma was playing Texas Tech.  OU's Longar Longar was trying to clear out when he had the ball and cracked the defender right in the face.  He said it was unintentional, and was suspended for 2 games.  Agreed that basketball is a physical sport, but I think they're trying to have players have some accountability for what they do on the court.

And all the OU boards are still crying about a conspiracy too.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rqsgD8ybQ00" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rqsgD8ybQ00</a>

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2007, 04:37:53 PM »

The vid you posted didn't play for me.

Either way, I got the gist of the situation and it clearly looks like Kobe swung his arm back. It could have definitely been a failed attempt at blocking out and I doubt that if Kobe wanted to hit someone, he'd play it off like it was "unintentional". I'd have to see the video in a better resolution for sure before making a concrete statement though.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2007, 04:39:43 PM »

Stu Jackson:

"Some of the determining factors were the fact that there was contact made with Ginobili above the shoulders and the fact that this particular action by Kobe was an unnatural basketball motion. Following a shot, he drove a stiff arm in a backward motion and struck Ginobili in the head," Jackson said. "We did not view this as an inadvertent action."

"This blow was so swift in real time that it's understandable why, in fact, an official would have missed the contact," Jackson said. "In our view, this was not an attempt to draw a foul."

"This is not the process that we use at the NBA. Certainly, in theory, given the fact that the Lakers were in New York, we could have heard an appeal. But again, we never have, as it's not part of our process," said Stu Jackson, the league's chief disciplinarian for on-court actions. "He does have the right to an appeal at a later date. If he were to win that appeal, he would get his money back."

LMAO. He wasn't trying to draw the foul? This piece of shit is trying to say Kobe was out to hurt Ginobli. "stiff arm"...What a fucking idiot. "Unnatural motion"??...It was "unnatural" cuz he was blocked from the side, what a dumbfuck! I wish he just woulda' came out and said "we hate Kobe and need to promote the younger 'superstars', so forget any chance of us not fucking with Kobe as long as he's in our league...".

The NBA is becoming a Nazi dictatorship. There's clearly inconclusive evidence here. How could he know what was in the players mind? The player, the recipient of the blow and the coach of the other team all say it was accidental....In any normal court if law that means the charges are dropped. Stu Jackson, David Stern, and the NBA are all piece of shit Nazis...No wonder some people on here support them.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2007, 04:46:04 PM »
Granted, this vid isn't the NBA, but it was every bit as controversial to those who follow Big XII basketball.  Just a couple weeks ago Oklahoma was playing Texas Tech.  OU's Longar Longar was trying to clear out when he had the ball and cracked the defender right in the face.  He said it was unintentional, and was suspended for 2 games.  Agreed that basketball is a physical sport, but I think they're trying to have players have some accountability for what they do on the court.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rqsgD8ybQ00" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rqsgD8ybQ00</a>

How is that the same, dude? Longar swung the ball into dudes face right in front of him. Kobe was looking at the basket the whole time during the play, he was caught in the air falling backwards all while tryna make a basket, of course he's gunna swing his arms out, he ALWAYS does that... it's clear to everyone that he didn't wanna hurt Ginobli, he was concentrating on making the basket all while time was expiring, any moron who's ever played the game should know where his mind was at that time...Can't believe ya'll hate Kobe so much that you're not even against this. :grumpy:

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2007, 04:47:07 PM »
^^LMFAO! You've got to be kidding me! You call that justice? I called up the number I posted and said I wanted to speak to Stu Jackson regarding a meeting. They're like "it's alright if this is about Kobe, you can say it!"...LMAO. They know whats up, you're the first dumbfuck to say this isn't absurd. Even the muthafuckaz at the Spurs message board were saying how ridiculous this is...E-Crazy, you little hating homo, stay out of these threads with your gayness please...

Don't respond to the idiot. Ever. It just ruins threads.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2007, 04:49:30 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-a7TGrVIu3o&amp;e" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-a7TGrVIu3o&amp;e</a>

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2007, 05:05:41 PM »

How is that the same, dude? Longar swung the ball into dudes face right in front of him. Kobe was looking at the basket the whole time during the play, he was caught in the air falling backwards all while tryna make a basket, of course he's gunna swing his arms out, he ALWAYS does that... it's clear to everyone that he didn't wanna hurt Ginobli, he was concentrating on making the basket all while time was expiring, any moron who's ever played the game should know where his mind was at that time...Can't believe ya'll hate Kobe so much that you're not even against this. :grumpy:

It's the same because A) LL swore it was unintentional B) It was an elbow to the face.  Now they were both doing different things, but clearing out using your elbows is done in every game.  So it's very likely that its incidental contact, and difficult / impossible to prove it was malicious.  In fact it's much more common than smashing the shit outta somebody's face on a follow through on a jumper.    But the bottom line is that he got suspended for two games for making a basketball move. 

So getting suspended for a game for what Kobe did isn't a tragedy or a conspiracy.  Shit like this happens all the time.  You guys only take notice when it affects your team.

To Jrome. Well Melo punched a player causing a brawl. KG swung at a player. There isn't any indisputable evidence that Kobe did that on purpose.

The brawl was WELL underway before Melo threw the punch.  Nate Robinson is more responsible for what happened in NY than anybody.  Hell you could probably name 3 other guys more responsible for what happened than Melo, including Isiah.

Here's whats clearly happening in my opinion.  When a superstar in the league fucks up, they're gonna throw the book HARD.  They have to be hardest on the stars in situations like this because those are the ones that get all the pub.  Nobody gives a fuck if Nate Robinson or Antonio McDyess get suspended.  But KG, Melo, and Kobe?  They are THE ELITE players in the league and they are constantly under a microscope.  So if those guys fuck up in the slightest, they're gonna pay.  It's not just Kobe / Lakers that this happens to.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2007, 05:12:36 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-a7TGrVIu3o&amp;e" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-a7TGrVIu3o&amp;e</a>

I watched the video, just not the one you posted. Like I said, I need to see it in a better resolution.