Author Topic: Tailgating Banned From Superbowl '07  (Read 176 times)

mrtonguetwista

Tailgating Banned From Superbowl '07
« on: January 26, 2007, 08:49:18 PM »
I'm still going down to Miami..fuck it ..lol

(CBS) MIAMI Die-hard football fans attending the Super Bowl game at Dolphin Stadium are getting a rude awakening after finding out that no tailgating of any type will be allowed on game day within one mile of the stadium.

"There is no tailgating allowed in the Dolphin Stadium parking lots," Sue Jaquez, a member of the Super Bowl XLI Host Committee, confirmed on Tuesday. "And there is no tailgating anywhere within a one-mile radius of the stadium." "And there are no RVs allowed."

Tailgating is permitted during regular- and post-season games for Dolphins fans, a team official on Tuesday said it would indeed be allowed at the Super Bowl. According to Jaquez, however, the official has been seriously misinformed.

The Dolphins do not organize and oversee the Super Bowl, Jaquez pointed out. Instead, those duties are left up to NFL officials. And because of security reasons, no pre-game partying on (or very near) the premises will take place. Fans spotted tailgating could face charges, Jaquez said.

"This is part of the NFL, not the Dolphins," Jaquez said. "If the Dolphins are saying there's tailgating -- or think it's going to be allowed -- then they need to contact the NFL."

Detective Nelda Fonticella of the Miami-Dade Police confirmed the Super Bowl rules.

If caught grilling or consuming alcohol within that one-mile radius of Dolphins Stadium, fans initially "will be warned and asked to pick up their things and leave," Fonticella said. "We're trying to make this a pleasant experience for everyone, and there will be plenty to do in the week leading up to the game."

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Tailgating Banned From Superbowl '07
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 09:01:56 PM »
The party outside the game is better than anything other than the game live. Sometimes more fun if the visiting team sucks and not worth seeing.

Sparegeez

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 09:03:26 PM »
Wow that's just plain gay.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 09:03:39 PM »
Yeah no doubt, when we ask if you going to SB, we aren't even talkin bout the game lol

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 09:14:04 PM »
thats bullshit
Let the people tailgate! The fuckin tickets are outrageous...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Jakubs

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 10:07:36 PM »
Damn, too many regulations.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

swangin and bangin

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 10:41:35 PM »
i would hook up a forman grill in my car and have a bbq.
but im vegiterian so i would just go to taco bizzel and get some beanny food and just fart it up
ya feel me

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 06:08:29 PM »
Sports are getting tooo safe nowadays. There's so many restrictions, especially in the Nfl.

swangin and bangin

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 06:10:19 PM »
its cause the damn terriosts like that irainian homo

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 11:59:33 AM »
Sports are getting tooo safe nowadays. There's so many restrictions, especially in the Nfl.

LOL@ too safe

The Best of 3 Worlds

JEWBACCA

• Lil Geezy
  • OY
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 07:50:08 PM »
If I drove from Illinois or Indiana and couldn't tailgate I would be pissssssssssed lol