Author Topic: Tyrese Speaks Out  (Read 96 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Tyrese Speaks Out
« on: February 01, 2007, 02:30:28 AM »
For this Transformers star, there was more than meets the eye when police started looking at him for a possible domestic violence collar.

Tyrese Gibson issued a statement Tuesday asserting his innocence with regard to a disturbance that took place earlier this month at his Los Angeles home, when his pregnant live-in girlfriend accused him of punching her in the arm and leg during an argument-and then duly recanted several days later.

"I am a very private person but as untrue information is still circulating, I feel I owe it to my fans and supporters to finally address the rumors and put them to rest once and for all," the actor-rapper said.

"Please be assured that accusations of an alleged physical altercation between my girlfriend and me are absolutely false. No charges were filed. I am grateful for the prayers and support I have received over the last several weeks from my fans and supporters and I want to thank them. God Bless."

LAPD officers were called to Gibson's Hancock Park home in the wee hours of Jan. 4. The 2 Fast 2 Furious star had split by the time they arrived, but his girlfriend was taken to a nearby hospital, where she was treated and released. Although at the time, according to police, she stated that Gibson had hit her twice, she showed no visible injuries and told hospital personnel that her pain level was "zero" on a scale of zero to 10.

On Jan. 7, the unidentified woman released a statement via her attorney saying that she called 911 after she became "emotional and distressed" during her fight with Gibson and that all reports saying he got physical with her were "false."

"Mr. Gibson and his girlfriend are very much still in love, together and excited about their expectant child," attorney Paul Berra said. "She is quite saddened that this event was so distorted."

Gibson, a former model who most recently starred in the revenge flick Four Brothers and the Navy drama Annapolis, is up on the big screen next in the crime drama The Take, and then will appear in the highly anticipated (among '80s-era cartoon aficionados, anyway) live-action Transformers movie, directed by Michael Bay.

Speaking to entertainment Website Crave Online last week, Gibson called his Transformers experience "incredible."

"There was not one day I showed up on that movie set and what I was exposed to didn't blow my mind," he said, referring in part to the "five real Transformers" built for the production.

"Bumblebee, Optimus Prime was real. It was a gang of [them], they had Megatron," Gibson said.

So when you're watching Transformers, in theaters July 4, and thinking "CGI," you should really be thinking "robots in disguise."

This report is provided by E! Online
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

The Kryptonian

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Tyrese Speaks Out
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 09:21:18 AM »
its good that she admitted that he didnt put hands. hopefully they dont do him like Jim Brown.