Author Topic: album leaks and other things that piss me off  (Read 540 times)

Don Seer

Re: album leaks and other things that piss me off
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2001, 10:01:04 AM »
i used to burn all the releases, but i have a portable mp3 player now.... i carry that to and from work.. even albums i own are on it for convenience.. it can hold 150 albums.

coz i'm low on space on the unit now 'only the strong survive' - i still buy all the ones i like coz i use CDs at home, other stuff just collects dust on my HDD.. i'll archive it.. but its very rarely listened to.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Mr_Loc

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2001, 12:13:46 PM »
most everyone knows how i feel about bootlegging, shit, i used to lecture people on here daily about it. but since I'm not famous yet nobody cares right? anyway...

i think downloadable music could of been so dope for the industry, and in a way it has been. It brings new music to new listeners. it allows you to preview albums you might never have checked out etc etc. but mufuckas just abuse the shit like they abuse everything in the world.

i'd never d/l a whole album. i'll be honest, im thinking of just getting the 5 tracks i like so far from the wash and not buying it, but i havent decided yet.

but yea i have about 30 or so CD-R compilations, mainly unreleased stuff or soundtrack/compilation songs. i still feel guilty about it kinda, especially as I work for a label myself. but i refuse to pay 15 bucks or whatever for 3 dope songs and all filler. People need to put more fuckin effort into their music (this isnt relating to the wash btw, just music in general).

but anyway my point is. downloading music is great, but people shouldnt be gay and get whole albums. okay im done.

Tecknine

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2001, 12:32:41 PM »
i have all regular cds....i buy all my favorites...I have a burner but i only use it to download mix cds of unreleased and rare shit..thats it

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2001, 12:40:41 PM »
most everyone knows how i feel about bootlegging, shit, i used to lecture people on here daily about it. but since I'm not famous yet nobody cares right? anyway...

i think downloadable music could of been so dope for the industry, and in a way it has been. It brings new music to new listeners. it allows you to preview albums you might never have checked out etc etc. but mufuckas just abuse the shit like they abuse everything in the world.

i'd never d/l a whole album. i'll be honest, im thinking of just getting the 5 tracks i like so far from the wash and not buying it, but i havent decided yet.

but yea i have about 30 or so CD-R compilations, mainly unreleased stuff or soundtrack/compilation songs. i still feel guilty about it kinda, especially as I work for a label myself. but i refuse to pay 15 bucks or whatever for 3 dope songs and all filler. People need to put more fuckin effort into their music (this isnt relating to the wash btw, just music in general).

but anyway my point is. downloading music is great, but people shouldnt be gay and get whole albums. okay im done.

yeah I agree with that, it pisses me off to buy an album with 3 or 4 good tracks, but then Im like fuckit, ill just buy it (eg I pre-ordered West Coast bad Boyz III)
most of my cd-rs are unreleased tracks too, or from different compilations

i think downloading music is a very positive N helpful thang for the music industry, and 4 the fans, course...
u get tons of stuff you wouldnt know about without the web. tons of unreleased tracks, or even tracks on various compilations. if it wasnt for all those sources my music collection would look very very different
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2001, 03:46:47 PM »
I download songs off albums that haven't been released yet but not the whole album. I know what Mellow is saying about the rush you get from listening to an album for the first time because you don't know what to expect. Thats the problem, you don't know what to expect. Some artists are unpredictable and you don't know if the album is gonna be good or bad. And sometimes there's a new artist that you like that is featured on other artists songs and is coming out with a solo album but you don't know what to expect. That's when I will download a few songs from the album to see if it's good or not.

Example: I purposely downloaded some songs off the Dead Prez album to get a taste of how the entire album may be. I doenloaded a few songs and I liked them so I ended up buying the album.

I did the same for Jadakiss's album. I checked a few songs and I wasn't feeling it so I didn't cop it.

I have bought way to many albums that I didn't like and wasted money since the store policies won't allow me to get another album. As a consumer I believe I have a right to get my dollars worth and by previewing parts of the albums I am interested in I think... no I KNOW its fair.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hambone 2 The Dome, Hard As Stone,Took the Throne
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2001, 07:09:44 PM »

I download songs off albums that haven't been released yet but not the whole album. I know what Mellow is saying about the rush you get from listening to an album for the first time because you don't know what to expect. Thats the problem, you don't know what to expect. Some artists are unpredictable and you don't know if the album is gonna be good or bad. And sometimes there's a new artist that you like that is featured on other artists songs and is coming out with a solo album but you don't know what to expect. That's when I will download a few songs from the album to see if it's good or not.

Example: I purposely downloaded some songs off the Dead Prez album to get a taste of how the entire album may be. I doenloaded a few songs and I liked them so I ended up buying the album.

I did the same for Jadakiss's album. I checked a few songs and I wasn't feeling it so I didn't cop it.

I have bought way to many albums that I didn't like and wasted money since the store policies won't allow me to get another album. As a consumer I believe I have a right to get my dollars worth and by previewing parts of the albums I am interested in I think... no I KNOW its fair.

exactly......

too many artist..put filler songs on their damn CD's........cant stand that...

im listenin to the new Warren G CD right now..its bangin...yeah i downloaded it.....burned it..but i still will buy it also.....warren makes good music.he has proven himsself...other artist..that put out fake wake stuff.....they wont get my money...i work too hard for my money to go and waste 18.99 on their CD and then have 4 out of 18 songs....be good....Dre is succesfull cause he is into his music..snoop too..and everybody related to them.....once u prove yourself..then your true fans will buy your stuff no matter what..but shit..mellowman....prices for cd's keep going up and up....i know dre and them are puttin there hearts into there music..but alot of peeps cant always afford a cd...and there local radio stations dont play any Good quality hip hop music.....so we head to the internet for the latest...up to date....hit music....burnin CD's is cool..but shit....i like to buy CD's to support my fav artist..and to read the liner notes.....we need a incentive to buy a CD....Exclusive cuts..or Exclusive remixes or something.......but burnin CD's wont hurt the music business.....people were worried about copying VHS tapes long time ago......regular casett tapes...back in the day..now people are worrying about copying dvd's.....and playstation games........it is here to stay...but the sales will always be there....
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

Wizard Whitebeard

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2001, 11:38:12 PM »

the expectations a lot of people put on something like a dre release are so ridiculous, unfair and unrealistic, not even jesus could meet them.

Actually, Dre is one of the few artists who has always lived up to my [admittedly high] hopes.  In fact, I am starting to think he might be God in disguise.  Everything he touches just moves me in a way I can't even describe.  I can't see stealing from someone who has given me so much joy.

Seriously, some of us are on your side Mellow.  I would NEVER download something from Dre or any other artist who I have a high degree of respect for.  That includes anything Aftermath-affiliated (it's Dre's company, after all).  When they see my collection of Dre cds and vinyl, people ask me, "Dre is rich, he won't lose anything if you download it, why do you waste your money when you can get it for free?"  I don't give a fuck if he's a multi-millionaire, I still have principles and he's gonna get my money 'cause he deserves it.  It made me sick when I saw 2001 up on some website in like early October 1999.  The only thing I have ever downloaded by Dre (or any other artist I admire) is unreleased music, such as the outtakes from 2001 that were never (and probably never will be) released.  Speaking of which, I'm about to start another thread on this topic.
"Doc rock a wife beater with me beatin' my wife's ass ironed on." - Redman