Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL THREAD  (Read 447 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: THE OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL THREAD
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2007, 01:30:48 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's like saying they were offending whites and latinos by promoting two black coaches. The public Christian is rare in the media but also the vast majority of Football fans. I think if two Jewish coaches were their that they'd mention it for their community and what not. If two Muslims were there they'd probably give praise to Allah. Now I don't know how the country would handle it but I know I myself would not be offended or grouchy about it. These were two men of faith in a very pumped up moment and they professed their faith in all the excitement and you're making it seem like they stuck a Bible in your face and put a knife to your throat. Give the guys a break.

I personally would have liked to see Lovie say "Thanks a lot Jesus" in a very sarcastic complaing sort of way to really rub in the idea that God didn't only make the Colts better, but he purposely made the Bears worse.

HHAHAHAHAHAH PEYTON ALMOST THREW 2 INTS AND HE JUS THREW ONE LMAO

Well Peyton got his ring!! propz to the Colts!

He sure did! Congrats to him! But the Defense was the REAL MVP IMO, not Peyton...

You could say that about any QB MVP. No QB is more important than the entire set of WRs and TEs, or the O-Line, or the whole Defense. Name me one MVP QB that was really more imporant than an entire side of the team. Peyton didn't have his greatest performance ever but they went up early in the 4th and he decided to run the ball a lot. He could have thrown 7 short passes in the 4th and late 3rd and broken the completions record. He could have thrown more shorts to Addai to increase his yards to well over 300 but he made the decision, and he easily could have changed that decision instead he chose to keep running the ball play after play. Chicago decided to stay on the deep ball and left their free saftey back and the Colts just kept running and there was no point to change that gameplan other than personal glory for the QB. If the game were closer and was going back and forth in the 4th then I'm sure you'd see a lot more throws but it wasn't necessary.

I can't think of one single player that was more important to the Colts win (other than Rex Grossman) than Peyton Manning. Sanders was the playoffs MVP and you could have made a case for a dual MVP for Rhodes and Addai but that is rare and while they did great the long pass threat helped them do better while the only other dual MVP team was clearly all alone in creating 8 turnovers and a key aspect at only allowing 8 passes completed. Rhodes and Addai did great but not quite that great, now if one player had ran 170 yards and caught 90 more yards then that one would be deserving but it wasn't one. The only single player I think you can give it to is Peyton, because no one would be a big enough asshole to hand it to Grossman so everyone can laugh at him as he loses while the Colts players hoist him up. The other MVP would be as Dungy said, God, for making it rain and having all the bears players fumble more than the Colts and have Rex's up in the air throws get battered down by the rain drops.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2007, 01:32:52 PM »
all that god helped me crap in sports is so beyond retarded

yeah god hated your opponent and loves you so much, plus nothing of higher importance is going on to concern heaven, like that girl getting molested while you say that

fuck that
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2007, 01:53:35 PM »

yeah god hated your opponent and loves you so much, plus nothing of higher importance is going on to concern heaven, like that girl getting molested while you say that

fuck that

In all fairness it's more about conditioning and being excited. Sports fan grow up hearing athletes and coaches saying and they get so excited that the first thing they think of is God. It's not just sports it's anything.

If you ask Coach Dungy if he truly believes God orchestrated it so the Bears would play an inferior game last Sunday I doubt he'd say yes. But if you ask him something like do you think God is the reason that you're standing here tday as a winner of the Superbowl then he'd probably say yes and he'd probably be right, whether God exists or not. Dungy's faith in the Lord may be the only reason he's coaching this year, or at least the main one. HE planned on retiring at 40 (he's already past that age) and he lost his son to suicide last year during the season. There may be merit in saying that with out his belief in God he would not have come back this year and not have been a super bowl champion.

There is a lot of doubt on whether God exists and even more on whether he intevenes over sily things, but so much doubt on the power of faith.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2007, 01:54:26 PM »

That's like saying they were offending whites and latinos by promoting two black coaches. The public Christian is rare in the media but also the vast majority of Football fans. I think if two Jewish coaches were their that they'd mention it for their community and what not. If two Muslims were there they'd probably give praise to Allah. Now I don't know how the country would handle it but I know I myself would not be offended or grouchy about it. These were two men of faith in a very pumped up moment and they professed their faith in all the excitement and you're making it seem like they stuck a Bible in your face and put a knife to your throat. Give the guys a break.

I personally would have liked to see Lovie say "Thanks a lot Jesus" in a very sarcastic complaing sort of way to really rub in the idea that God didn't only make the Colts better, but he purposely made the Bears worse.

my words exactly

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

WestCoasta

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2007, 04:21:03 PM »
"two jewish coaches, doin it the jewish way"

LMAO

yea

no different than what he said,  "two christian coaches doing it the lords way"

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2007, 04:45:34 PM »

HHAHAHAHAHAH PEYTON ALMOST THREW 2 INTS AND HE JUS THREW ONE LMAO

Well Peyton got his ring!! propz to the Colts!

He sure did! Congrats to him! But the Defense was the REAL MVP IMO, not Peyton...

You could say that about any QB MVP. No QB is more important than the entire set of WRs and TEs, or the O-Line, or the whole Defense. Name me one MVP QB that was really more imporant than an entire side of the team. Peyton didn't have his greatest performance ever but they went up early in the 4th and he decided to run the ball a lot. He could have thrown 7 short passes in the 4th and late 3rd and broken the completions record. He could have thrown more shorts to Addai to increase his yards to well over 300 but he made the decision, and he easily could have changed that decision instead he chose to keep running the ball play after play. Chicago decided to stay on the deep ball and left their free saftey back and the Colts just kept running and there was no point to change that gameplan other than personal glory for the QB. If the game were closer and was going back and forth in the 4th then I'm sure you'd see a lot more throws but it wasn't necessary.

I can't think of one single player that was more important to the Colts win (other than Rex Grossman) than Peyton Manning. Sanders was the playoffs MVP and you could have made a case for a dual MVP for Rhodes and Addai but that is rare and while they did great the long pass threat helped them do better while the only other dual MVP team was clearly all alone in creating 8 turnovers and a key aspect at only allowing 8 passes completed. Rhodes and Addai did great but not quite that great, now if one player had ran 170 yards and caught 90 more yards then that one would be deserving but it wasn't one. The only single player I think you can give it to is Peyton, because no one would be a big enough asshole to hand it to Grossman so everyone can laugh at him as he loses while the Colts players hoist him up. The other MVP would be as Dungy said, God, for making it rain and having all the bears players fumble more than the Colts and have Rex's up in the air throws get battered down by the rain drops.

You said it all right there..If the Bears had a Qb that wasnt an IDIOT IMO they would have won. The Bears defense was on the field almost 40 mins of the game, thats because of Grossman and the Colts defense was really good all playoffs.
And yes Bob Sanders was as importnat all playoffs to the defense was Peyton was to the offense..well almost. Congrats to the Colts and Peyton either way. I thougth Addai and rhodes were fantastic. IMO Manning didnt WIN the MVP as much as there was nobody else to give it too....But a win is a win and hes got hs ring  8)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 04:47:22 PM by "THE" MoSav »

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2007, 04:47:48 PM »

fuck that

In all fairness it's more about conditioning and being excited. Sports fan grow up hearing athletes and coaches saying and they get so excited that the first thing they think of is God. It's not just sports it's anything.

If you ask Coach Dungy if he truly believes God orchestrated it so the Bears would play an inferior game last Sunday I doubt he'd say yes. But if you ask him something like do you think God is the reason that you're standing here tday as a winner of the Superbowl then he'd probably say yes and he'd probably be right, whether God exists or not. Dungy's faith in the Lord may be the only reason he's coaching this year, or at least the main one. HE planned on retiring at 40 (he's already past that age) and he lost his son to suicide last year during the season. There may be merit in saying that with out his belief in God he would not have come back this year and not have been a super bowl champion.

There is a lot of doubt on whether God exists and even more on whether he intevenes over sily things, but so much doubt on the power of faith.

real spit

The Best of 3 Worlds

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2007, 05:19:17 PM »
Went to the Dome today after I got done with work. Was already filled up. 50k inside and probably another 20k of us outside the dome. Froze my ass off just so I could hear that crowd from outside. Still neat to be a part of the celebration :)  So glad for the Colts man. Been following them since the late 80s. Alot of heart breaks. During the late 80's early 90's it was pretty common for even local sports casters to refer to them as the dolts. When Harbaugh came around in the early 90s peeps finally started watching and caring about the Colts. Its nice to see them bring one home for a city that has been starved for a team to win it all for so long. Pacers had the teams to do it in the 90s, but the Bulls were juggernauts and kept one of the best teams in the last 25 years down in thier prime. Once Manning came to town, Reggie stepped away, and Bob Knight was fired, you could feel city/state shifting from basketball to football. It was freaking destiny man. They won 4 games in the playoffs with no bye. They went thru thier Arch rivals the Patriots in an absolute barn burner to get there. Then they beat the Bears, a tough as nails defensive team.... in the elements, which was another supposed dome team killer... and still made it thru. They silenced every critic saying manning and dungy couldn't do it ect... what a great day. 2 back monkeys are looking for work today!!!! GO HORSE!!!!!!!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2007, 05:21:30 PM »
Went to the Dome today after I got done with work. Was already filled up. 50k inside and probably another 20k of us outside the dome. Froze my ass off just so I could hear that crowd from outside. Still neat to be a part of the celebration :)  So glad for the Colts man. Been following them since the late 80s. Alot of heart breaks. During the late 80's early 90's it was pretty common for even local sports casters to refer to them as the dolts. When Harbaugh came around in the early 90s peeps finally started watching and caring about the Colts. Its nice to see them bring one home for a city that has been starved for a team to win it all for so long. Pacers had the teams to do it in the 90s, but the Bulls were juggernauts and kept one of the best teams in the last 25 years down in thier prime. Once Manning came to town, Reggie stepped away, and Bob Knight was fired, you could feel city/state shifting from basketball to football. It was freaking destiny man. They won 4 games in the playoffs with no bye. They went thru thier Arch rivals the Patriots in an absolute barn burner to get there. Then they beat the Bears, a tough as nails defensive team.... in the elements, which was another supposed dome team killer... and still made it thru. They silenced every critic saying manning and dungy couldn't do it ect... what a great day. 2 back monkeys are looking for work today!!!! GO HORSE!!!!!!!!

They have come so far since that "Playoffs" press Confrence. Famous Jim Mora Quote.."PLAYOFFS!? PLAYOFFS!?  YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT PLAYOFFS!? PLAYOFFS?! PLAYOFFS?! PLAYOFFS?!  >:("

HAHAHA.

The Best of 3 Worlds

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2007, 05:29:27 PM »
So embarrasing that he was a Colt when he did that interview lol. And now that the coors peeps are running it in thier ads, it just throws salt on the wound lol. And for those who have only seen/remember this because of the Coors ads, I'll remind you that not only did he say it like an idiot, they actually cut some of it out.

He said Playoffs? Playoffs? We played like diddily poo. Playoffs? You are talking about playoffs?

Diddily poo folks.

So fucking glad the colts won.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 05:33:13 PM by The Big Bad Ass »

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2007, 05:35:13 PM »
So embarrasing that he was a Colt when he did that interview lol. And now that the coors peeps are running it in thier ads, it just throws salt on the wound lol. And for those who have only seen/remember this because of the Coors ads, I'll remind you that not only did he say it like an idiot, they actually cut some of it out.

He said Playoffs? Playoffs? We played like diddily poo. Playoffs? You are talking about playoffs?

Diddily poo folks.

So fucking glad the colts won.

yeah the Niners smacked the shit out of them that day. Garcia lit them the fuck up. he also said "WE GAVE THE GAME AWAY AND I THINK THAT SUCKS!" hahaha.
Wait they used that press confrence in a coors commercial? I just remember watching it after the Niners won the game.

The Best of 3 Worlds

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2007, 05:42:23 PM »
^^ HAHA he did indeed. Dude, that press conference was a complete melt down on Jim Mora's part. lol.