Author Topic: The Official NHL Thread  (Read 73040 times)

Jaydc555

Re: The official NHL Thread
« Reply #870 on: May 07, 2009, 09:49:07 AM »
Well looks like salo is back for the canucks tonight so that's a huge boost for the power play

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #871 on: May 07, 2009, 09:50:35 AM »
I'm not sure about detroit anaheim has been putshot by san jose as well every game but hiller is a beast and osgood is mediocre

maybe mediocre in the reg season but he comes thru during the playoffs so its all good

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #872 on: May 07, 2009, 06:08:22 PM »
Yup, Osgood is good in the playoffs, where it matters most.  It's more about the the ppl in front of him...

No Salo tonight, oh well.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #873 on: May 07, 2009, 08:06:02 PM »
All I will say is that was a nice tip by Andy Ladd.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #874 on: May 08, 2009, 12:56:41 PM »
These playoffs are showing exactly what's wrong with the NHL in terms of popularity. I get that it will never be the big event that other sports might be, but why do they keep scheduling these games at the same times? Most fans will only be able to get whatever game is shown in their area, and not even have a choice. Having the start times 30 minutes apart is ridiculous, the fans get screwed on this one.
I got a bird's eye view

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #875 on: May 08, 2009, 01:10:40 PM »
@tay: I know..  Most games are scheduled to take place in the night, cuz that's the time of day when they will generate the most attendence..  And unfortunately for teams in the same time zone, that's simultaneous broadcasting on the TV.

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #876 on: May 10, 2009, 12:52:41 PM »
fuckin Canucks cant hold a lead..  and wtf happened at the end? I was expecting a big one-timer from the point... the camera pans over and 2 Canucks are lying on the godamn ice, giving Havlat a breakaway on an empty net.

and Boston needs to win 3 straight or my pool is wrecked
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #877 on: May 10, 2009, 01:06:32 PM »
like i had predicted, it's going to 7 games with the canucks winning the next one

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #878 on: May 10, 2009, 10:54:44 PM »
At the end of that Vancouver game, they failed big-time on getting that pass up, and turned a good scoring chance into the breakaway empty-netter. These last 2 days have been scheduled with more time in between game start-times, and yesterday were some damn good games, especially Washington-Pittsburgh. The NHL is putting on a show in these playoffs, most of the games are intense and down to the wire, where as almost every NBA playoff game is a blowout.
I got a bird's eye view

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #879 on: May 11, 2009, 05:06:20 AM »
Oh for sure.  Even the teams I hate I find myself liking a little, lol.  Good games all around..  Especially with all the upset leads going on. (not so much anymore tho)

Kesler struggled last game man, bad clearing attempt to lead to the PP Goal.  Then runs into Salo (maybe re-injuring him?) and sets up the empty net...

IT'S A WRAP THO, NUCKS KNOW HOW THEY WON THEIR DIVISION.  They know why Mats Sundin is here.  They know this team is the best team they've had in years and it's not gonna be the same next year.    They know Chicago is a young team, they know Chicago's strengths, and how to damper them...   Game 6 and 7 are in the can.  Van going onto Detroit...

Jaydc555

« Reply #880 on: May 11, 2009, 07:08:06 AM »
I hope your right leak.But if your not I'm down for some car flipping and rioting

sav

« Reply #881 on: May 11, 2009, 12:50:23 PM »
Can't wait to see how they will react on tonights game. Luongo's got to be the key.

EDIT : What a game... 5 - 5 right now.

EDIT2 : Damn, 6 - 5, Luongo has been disappointing in this series...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 08:30:25 PM by sav »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #882 on: May 12, 2009, 01:09:34 AM »
I don't understand why everyone is bashing Luongo for tonight's game.  The only one I would get on him for is the wraparound.  The rest were either snipes, or powerplay goals.  And the one off the skate is Edler's fault.  Our offence played their hardest game of the whole series tonight.  If anything our D was lackluster, Ohlund looked atrocious on the first 2 goals.  Kane won tonight's game for his team, professional snipes for sure.  What a backhand he had...

I think Van shoulda stayed to their defensive styled based system for every game of the series, as when they try to play Hawks style they get outplayed...

With that said, Chicago is my team to win the Cup now, out of the remaining teams, kinda feeling the Pens too...

Goodbye to Sundin, goodbye to Ohlund.  Possible goodbye to the Sedins..  Welcome Cody Hodgson..

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #883 on: May 12, 2009, 03:36:40 AM »
Whoa, Kane is in the building!! Didn't really expect a Chi win tonight but I can't be mad. These fake ass fans can jump off the wagon now. (Not referring to the ppl in this thread, I can tell you know ur hockey) Anyway I'm goin for the Caps & Wings now...wouldn't mind seeing Chi upset Det either but it's not likely to happen.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #884 on: May 14, 2009, 08:59:46 PM »
friggin Carolina, i hate that team.
i hope the Pens destroy em.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!