Author Topic: DJ Quik f/ AMG - Can You Work Wit That  (Read 511 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DJ Quik f/ AMG - Can You Work Wit That
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 03:20:10 PM »
This is a classic example of double standards on this forum. If the same song, with the same lyrics and beat were performed by D4L (and its not that far) you would diss the shit out of it.

WestCoasta

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 03:20:56 PM »
This is a classic example of double standards on this forum. If the same song, with the same lyrics and beat were performed by D4L (and its not that far) you would diss the shit out of it.

people are dissing it, you just don't come around the west coast forum

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2007, 03:52:22 PM »
Quik's been very experimental on this. as long as his new album doesn't sound like this as a whole, I like that.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007, 07:03:33 PM »
if this were a serious song, I'd diss it.  Its a joke to make fun of groups like D4L.  Also, the beat is way better than anything D4L has put out.

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007, 07:06:40 PM »
if this were a serious song, I'd diss it.  Its a joke to make fun of groups like D4L.  Also, the beat is way better than anything D4L has put out.

i'm sorry dog, but what makes you think this is suppose to make fun of D4L? I HIGHLY doubt that is the case. why can't people on here accept it, that quik made this song for the reason that this sound is the "in" style?

makes no sense to me. i haven't found any facts that this is a diss song towards the south. if there is, my bad, i apologize.

i just think ppl on here are saying that "it's a diss song at the south" so they can hide from the fact this is the type of track quik went into the studio intending to make.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

WestCoasta

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 07:32:10 PM »
to me it isn't making fun of anybody and it's not really a serious thing

I find it odd that he made that type of beat but either it's just me or people are afraid this is his "new sound"

I doubt it but I am curious as to why he did this track because it comes out of left field

people feel all different ways about it which isn't bad for Quik, we're here talking about it

maybe he was drunk in Atlanta or somethin and just wanted to flip that D4L type shit, who knows

it is a good beat though regardless if people think that snap stuff sucks

it's just on some weird shit like "what the fuck was that"  :eh:

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2007, 07:34:28 PM »
to me it isn't making fun of anybody and it's not really a serious thing

I find it odd that he made that type of beat but either it's just me or people are afraid this is his "new sound"

I doubt it but I am curious as to why he did this track because it comes out of left field

people feel all different ways about it which isn't bad for Quik, we're here talking about it

maybe he was drunk in Atlanta or somethin and just wanted to flip that D4L type shit, who knows

it is a good beat though regardless if people think that snap stuff sucks

it's just on some weird shit like "what the fuck was that"  :eh:

i agree it may not be serious, but not making fun of anyone either, because it's clear he's drunk as fuck.

agian, people are prolly afraid this will be his new, permanent style, i also doubt it.

it sure as hell did come out of left field, like xzibit's concentrate.

Dopeisjay

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2007, 09:31:42 PM »
All Quik is doing is trying to do music that people are feelin.. remember it's a buisness.. and he dosent wanna fall like all them other rappers that just stuck to one thing and just fell off.. Quik is doing like what Dre does.. u dont stick to the same style u change it up.. and well right now is when Quik is makeing them southern song's With Can U Work Wit Dat.. and Brother Brother.. and dont forget hes workin with "Boy'z and da Hood" on their new album..

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2007, 09:34:07 PM »
All Quik is doing is trying to do music that people are feelin.. remember it's a buisness.. and he dosent wanna fall like all them other rappers that just stuck to one thing and just fell off.. Quik is doing like what Dre does.. u dont stick to the same style u change it up.. and well right now is when Quik is makeing them southern song's With Can U Work Wit Dat.. and Brother Brother.. and dont forget hes workin with "Boy'z and da Hood" on their new album..

forgot about that boys n da hood track. very true, that's now 2 songs with quik in recent memory, that will have a southern feel to it.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2007, 10:01:34 PM »

i'm sorry dog, but what makes you think this is suppose to make fun of D4L? I HIGHLY doubt that is the case. why can't people on here accept it, that quik made this song for the reason that this sound is the "in" style?

makes no sense to me. i haven't found any facts that this is a diss song towards the south. if there is, my bad, i apologize.

i just think ppl on here are saying that "it's a diss song at the south" so they can hide from the fact this is the type of track quik went into the studio intending to make.
To me its just sort of a tounge in cheek type of song.  They're talking about ballin and club type shit "dimanonds on my fingers, a couple on my toes"  Diamonds on my toes, who the fuck does that, they're exaggerating in a way to clown on how ridiculous songs nowadays are.  Don't forget Quik did the same sort of shit on "What They Think" with Nate Dogg a while back, even though that was way more blatant.  But that's just my interpetation of where he was going with this song, I could be wrong.  If this record was serious, and he's sticking to this sound for the new album, I'll just go into a corner and cry right now.

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2007, 10:27:48 PM »

To me its just sort of a tounge in cheek type of song.  They're talking about ballin and club type shit "dimanonds on my fingers, a couple on my toes"  Diamonds on my toes, who the fuck does that, they're exaggerating in a way to clown on how ridiculous songs nowadays are.  Don't forget Quik did the same sort of shit on "What They Think" with Nate Dogg a while back, even though that was way more blatant.  But that's just my interpetation of where he was going with this song, I could be wrong.  If this record was serious, and he's sticking to this sound for the new album, I'll just go into a corner and cry right now.

yes, the diamonds on my toes thing is obvisously an exaggeration. but agian, i don't see that as a diss to anyone or any coast, i just see that as a line to show how much money they have, or how there mad ballers, etc. i also think if this record is serious, he still won't be sticking to this sound for the album. look at xzibit. concentrate was pretty bad, you may argue full circle wasn't a good cd (i thought it was), but the concentrate sound was very different from the sound from the rest of the cd.

no need to cry EDizzle ;)