should i do a dubcc's greatest basketball player

yes
12 (63.2%)
no
6 (31.6%)
no another football
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: dubcc's official greatest bball player?  (Read 466 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: dubcc's official greatest bball player?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 02:39:28 PM »
^^It's insane, in my opinion...

whats so insane abut 30 pts 10 rebs 10 asts per game  8)

Nothing's insane about his stat-line, dude was one of the greatests ever...It's just ridiculous to place him above Magic. It's like saying LeBron James is better than Jordan because he puts up better all-around numbers. Shit just don't fly...

maybe someone that lived in Oscar's era would say different..

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2007, 02:40:06 PM »
And Oscar is ALOT closer to Magic then Lebron is to Jordan, cmon NIK...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2007, 03:02:47 PM »
Magic is the undisputed greatest PG of all time.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2007, 05:49:26 PM »
I personally would vote Magic as the best ever.

Magic
Jordan
Bird

And I'd vote for Stockton way before I would for Zeke on the PG list.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007, 06:06:31 PM »
I disagree with putting Stockton over Zeke...

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 06:40:05 PM »
In my opinion, being a pass first selfless player is what makes a great pg. I'm not trying to say Thomas wasn't a warrior... the dude had a ton of heart, and he has the rings to back that up, but he was much more selfish than Magic or Stockton. I have no doubts that Magic could have averaged 30 points a game through his career if he wanted to, but setting up others was his forte, and no one did it better. Stockton wasn't flashy, and he didn't get it done in the finals, but the dude was sick. 50% jump shooter for his career? Puts these kids playing guard today to shame. I'm really not trying to debate this with you NIK just explaining my take on why Stock gets the nod before Zeke.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 07:06:09 PM »
In my opinion, being a pass first selfless player is what makes a great pg. I'm not trying to say Thomas wasn't a warrior... the dude had a ton of heart, and he has the rings to back that up, but he was much more selfish than Magic or Stockton. I have no doubts that Magic could have averaged 30 points a game through his career if he wanted to, but setting up others was his forte, and no one did it better. Stockton wasn't flashy, and he didn't get it done in the finals, but the dude was sick. 50% jump shooter for his career? Puts these kids playing guard today to shame. I'm really not trying to debate this with you NIK just explaining my take on why Stock gets the nod before Zeke.

I respect that opinion and your reasoning behind it.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2007, 01:00:48 AM »

real spit

The Best of 3 Worlds

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »
If you did one for second best player, or the best player aside from Jordan...then it would be very interesting.

I'd say Magic is 1.5, then you can argue Bird or Chaimberlain, then I'd argue Oscar R and Kobe, then Kareem and Dr. J.....I donno tho that's just me talkin.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2007, 11:58:53 PM »
well i think i've decided to go with best player by position. deliberation will start tuesday when the ALL time QB  is Announced.

NIK make a sticky labled : DUBCC's  Sports Hall of Fame

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2007, 09:24:35 AM »
Make the thread and I'll sticky it, since you're running the contest.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2007, 10:25:15 AM »
No votes for Kurt Rambis?

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2007, 10:38:17 AM »

I dunno if you're tryna diss Kurt or not, but he was an excellent asset to the Showtime Laker teams...Great hustle player, probably one of the best players of all time who depended on hustling...

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2007, 06:44:22 PM »

I dunno if you're tryna diss Kurt or not, but he was an excellent asset to the Showtime Laker teams...Great hustle player, probably one of the best players of all time who depended on hustling...

not a cheap shot at all. He was just what you said he was. But far from great...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2007, 06:58:27 PM »

not a cheap shot at all. He was just what you said he was. But far from great...

He wasn't a great overall player, he was a great hustle player. Someone who nears averaging a double-double on hustle alone is unquestionably a great hustle player.