Author Topic: Rap  (Read 490 times)

Dynamic

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dynamite cuz I rhyme So Tight
Rap
« on: February 16, 2007, 11:42:55 AM »
I've decided to explain the musical form known as "Rap". "Rap" to me is an expression of ones true intelect on certain matters. Due to todays standard of "rap," it seems the intelligence of the artist, and the listeners alike all have dropped drastically. Rappers such as 50 Cent and The Game with their songs entitled "Westside Story" (The Game) and "Many Men" (50 Cent) only seems to glorify gangster ways and the degrading of women. It's sad, that songs with lyrics simply saying "Im a thug" "guns" "westside" "blah blah blah," get so much radio play, and sadly is considered a good song when i think of rap, i don't think of catchy music, bright lights, and african americans who like flashing their money, i think of intelligent, creative rhymes reflecting ones self. Rappers such as Nas, Cannibus, and Chino XL are sadly looked over, even in some cases, considered "awful'. Cannibus has come up with some of the better lines i have heard, ever. it goes, "The third eye of the Obelisk is watchin us/ with a microscope and a pair of binoculars/". The Obelisk, which is an ancient entity with three eyes, would be able to use binoculars on the regular two eyes, and a microscope on the third. After that explanation, it may seem plain, but think deeper. That was thought out from scratch, most can't rhyme let alone combine complexity into it. Cannibus also rhymes like it's fluent, such as when he said "My burgendy suburbun be full of secret service security". I personaly only choose to listen to lyricist who seem to have put some kind of thought into their lyrics. By this explanation, i hope to salvage some kind of respect for the name rap, and not just some minority music to pass the time.

DYNAMIC
Francis, M to the iz-H phenominal
Gun rest under your vest by the abdominal
Two auto-matos, used to call me fatso
Now you call me Castro, my rap flows
militant, y'all faggots ain't killin' shit
~ Notorious BIG

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Rap
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 03:12:22 PM »
I've decided to explain the musical form known as "Rap". "Rap" to me is an expression of ones true intelect on certain matters. Due to todays standard of "rap," it seems the intelligence of the artist, and the listeners alike all have dropped drastically. Rappers such as 50 Cent and The Game with their songs entitled "Westside Story" (The Game) and "Many Men" (50 Cent) only seems to glorify gangster ways and the degrading of women. It's sad, that songs with lyrics simply saying "Im a thug" "guns" "westside" "blah blah blah," get so much radio play, and sadly is considered a good song when i think of rap, i don't think of catchy music, bright lights, and african americans who like flashing their money, i think of intelligent, creative rhymes reflecting ones self. Rappers such as Nas, Cannibus, and Chino XL are sadly looked over, even in some cases, considered "awful'. Cannibus has come up with some of the better lines i have heard, ever. it goes, "The third eye of the Obelisk is watchin us/ with a microscope and a pair of binoculars/". The Obelisk, which is an ancient entity with three eyes, would be able to use binoculars on the regular two eyes, and a microscope on the third. After that explanation, it may seem plain, but think deeper. That was thought out from scratch, most can't rhyme let alone combine complexity into it. Cannibus also rhymes like it's fluent, such as when he said "My burgendy suburbun be full of secret service security". I personaly only choose to listen to lyricist who seem to have put some kind of thought into their lyrics. By this explanation, i hope to salvage some kind of respect for the name rap, and not just some minority music to pass the time.

DYNAMIC

well yeah but you have to appreciate the sonic quality of well produced gangsta rap from 1992' The Chronic to 2006's Doctor's Advocate.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Elevz

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 09:23:19 AM »
Intellect? All rap has to be intellectual? So does that mean Biz Markie's music sucked, because he talked about picking boogers and doing the biz dance?

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 10:55:44 AM »
Intellect? All rap has to be intellectual? So does that mean Biz Markie's music sucked, because he talked about picking boogers and doing the biz dance?

I agree with you.. Rap doesnt have to be intellectual.. Though I prefer intellectual rap myself..

AZ§o§a

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 10:01:51 AM »
what bout LL

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 10:56:39 AM »
what bout LL

Sure, anything before Mr.Smith,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

da pink panther

• 'G'
  • capo status
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 03:22:41 PM »
its jus entertainment niggas chill out

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 03:41:07 PM »

DYNAMIC

i think you are just butthurt your favorite artists arent on mtv, really. i understand what you're saying but you are very off base. you said that canibus lyric is an example of thought behind lyrics but what would you say about someone like cam who also has that onomatopoeia flow but has actually made it. its just about providing a sound that will reach a larger crowd, it has nothing to do with rappers getting dumber, or rap denoting a lower intellect than "hip hop" or what have you. listen to my man pink panther

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 04:56:06 PM »
cam ron is a dope lyricist, I'm impressed by his talent though I am not necessarily compelled to buy his records.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

kevlar

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 05:10:13 PM »
That means you don;t like Kool G Rap? 

You don;t like NWA either?

Open up your mind, bruh.  You missing out on alot of good music.  It ain't the what it's the how.

"jack of all trades
gotta get my chips
manipulate yo broad
put her up on craigs list"

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 09:17:43 PM »
My boy broke it down like this let me know what you think:

The difference between HIP-HOP Music & Rap Music even though they both stem from HIP-HOP Kulture!!! Rap Music gets played on major radio stations & Hip-Hop Music does not!!!See the generation that was born after 1980 doesn't know or failed to study is that Corporate Amerikkka saturated the airwaves with alot of crap!!! We had an era in I say 1989 going thru to 1992 where the music was too positive for the listeners!!! Corporate Amerikkka dumbed it out because they want us to be slaves & followers in this day & time!!! They were afraid of People Unifying for a Common Cause which is to live of , for, & by each other without any racial or religious differences!!! To put it short: Hip-Hop Music does not get played on National or maybe international Airwaves, but Rap Music does!!! Hip-Hop Music Videos do not get play on BET, Mtv, & the likes; but Rap music does!!! Hip-Hop Music is here for the diffusement of negativity such as ( gang violence, sexual harrasment, crimes, drug selling, & the disrespect of fellow family members & other people we come in contact with)!!! Rap music exploits sexual content, gang warfare, violence of any type,  & materialistic wealth!!!! Hip-Hop Music is a conscious Art Form that is here to make everyone aware of Community Affairs like: Homelessness, Proper Education of the Youth, Cultural Truths, To Bring People Under One Umbrella for Peace, Love, Unity, & Having Fun!!! See Corporate Amerikkka would rather see a T.I. vs. Lil Flip, Nas vs. Jay Z. beef or a KRS - ONE vs. nelly( even though we all know KRS crushed nelly lyrically)!!! Corporate Amerikkka does not want to see young black(Nubian) & white(Canaanites, Amorites, Jebusites,etc.) congregating together in Peace!!! They want us to destroy each other so that they can say see what they do!!! Add your thoughts & tell me what you think!?!?!?!?!?!?! Peace!!!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 09:20:36 PM »
Realest shit ever written.

There's so much shit in life you gotta take seriously, so why do that to hip-hop?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 09:40:46 PM »

There's so much shit in life you gotta take seriously, so why do that to hip-hop?
that the problem. people arent taking it seriously

Elevz

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 07:52:24 AM »

that the problem. people arent taking it seriously

Don't worry, partner. We got the revolution on our hands.

All jokes aside though, it's a bit irrealistic to blame The Powers That Be for the difference between utopian "hip hop music" as you describe it, and your dystopian version of "rap music". Don't look so hard for someone to blame; if anyone, it'll be us. We're the people who have been tricked by slick marketeers, to be trapped in their marketing schemes. Controversy sells, and they've been using that. They made us fiend for it, and now we're the reason why hip hop is dead: deception overrules us. And don't dare to act like hiphop is alive, as if there's anything left of the original spirit of the culture in todays' life.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 08:03:30 AM »
My boy broke it down like this let me know what you think:

The difference between HIP-HOP Music & Rap Music even though they both stem from HIP-HOP Kulture!!! Rap Music gets played on major radio stations & Hip-Hop Music does not!!!See the generation that was born after 1980 doesn't know or failed to study is that Corporate Amerikkka saturated the airwaves with alot of crap!!! We had an era in I say 1989 going thru to 1992 where the music was too positive for the listeners!!! Corporate Amerikkka dumbed it out because they want us to be slaves & followers in this day & time!!! They were afraid of People Unifying for a Common Cause which is to live of , for, & by each other without any racial or religious differences!!! To put it short: Hip-Hop Music does not get played on National or maybe international Airwaves, but Rap Music does!!! Hip-Hop Music Videos do not get play on BET, Mtv, & the likes; but Rap music does!!! Hip-Hop Music is here for the diffusement of negativity such as ( gang violence, sexual harrasment, crimes, drug selling, & the disrespect of fellow family members & other people we come in contact with)!!! Rap music exploits sexual content, gang warfare, violence of any type,  & materialistic wealth!!!! Hip-Hop Music is a conscious Art Form that is here to make everyone aware of Community Affairs like: Homelessness, Proper Education of the Youth, Cultural Truths, To Bring People Under One Umbrella for Peace, Love, Unity, & Having Fun!!! See Corporate Amerikkka would rather see a T.I. vs. Lil Flip, Nas vs. Jay Z. beef or a KRS - ONE vs. nelly( even though we all know KRS crushed nelly lyrically)!!! Corporate Amerikkka does not want to see young black(Nubian) & white(Canaanites, Amorites, Jebusites,etc.) congregating together in Peace!!! They want us to destroy each other so that they can say see what they do!!! Add your thoughts & tell me what you think!?!?!?!?!?!?! Peace!!!!

LOL at dividing it into "Hip Hop Music" and "Rap Music"

kemizt