Author Topic: A Non-Laker Fan's Perspective Of Nash Possibly Winning A 3rd Straight MVP.  (Read 506 times)

d-nice

Re: A Non-Laker Fan's Perspective Of Nash Possibly Winning A 3rd Straight MVP.
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2007, 12:12:45 PM »
I gotta give Nash his credit. He runs that offense in Phoenix to perfection and he makes the players around him better. Similar to what Magic did for the Lakers. Kobe also is making his teammates better but I ain't gonna lie, they would have to damn near go undefeated for the rest of the year for him to get MVP. And Phoenix without Nash is horrible. No spacing and bad decision making. L.A. actually did good without Kobe this year. I think whether it's fair or not, the morality police of the NBA like shit like that with Nash.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 12:20:46 PM by d-nice »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 12:20:26 PM »
I gotta give Nash his credit. He runs that offense in Phoenix to perfection and he makes the players around him better. Similar to what Magic did for the Lakers. Kobe also is making his teammates better but I ain't gonna lie, they would have to damn near go undefeated for the rest of the year for him to get MVP. And Phoenix without Nash is horrible. No spacing and bad decision making. L.A. actually did good without Kobe. I think whether it's fair or not, the morality police of the NBA like shit like that with Nash.

Lakers played 3 games without Kobe this season...If Kobe were to go down right now for the rest of the season, we'd be doomed, no question about it. Same for Nash, but the Suns system is actually dependent on a reliable point guard to run the offense, and Nash is the only reliable point guard on the team...

d-nice

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »
I gotta give Nash his credit. He runs that offense in Phoenix to perfection and he makes the players around him better. Similar to what Magic did for the Lakers. Kobe also is making his teammates better but I ain't gonna lie, they would have to damn near go undefeated for the rest of the year for him to get MVP. And Phoenix without Nash is horrible. No spacing and bad decision making. L.A. actually did good without Kobe. I think whether it's fair or not, the morality police of the NBA like shit like that with Nash.
Lakers played 3 games without Kobe this season...If Kobe were to go down right now for the rest of the season, we'd be doomed, no question about it. Same for Nash, but the Suns system is actually dependent on a reliable point guard to run the offense, and Nash is the only reliable point guard on the team...

True, and L.A. still executes the Triangle with Odom and Walton and the other players. They have a understanding of the system. Phoenix plays like Dantoni and Nash are the only ones that know the offense when Nash is not there. Either way both of them out of a game and both are fucked.