Author Topic: what are 2 bedroom apartments going for to rent in SoCal these days?  (Read 494 times)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Re: what are 2 bedroom apartments going for to rent in SoCal these days?
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2007, 03:27:05 PM »
LA aint boring, but you got it right with being Incredibly materialistic. how could u say its boring?
cuz everything's so spread apart you gotta drive like half an hour from one place to another. Ultimately you just say fuck it and end up chilling at someone's house and smoking a joint, which you can pretty much do anywhere. Plus people in LA suck, so I go out i pretty much don't feel like meeting strangers except if my friends know them or something. Everyone's so damn hostile, it's like you're competing with them on every level. I'm not the only one to say this though, all the LA people in my program in Barcelona agree w/me on these statements. I agree though, that it doesn't HAVE to be boring in LA, but you really gotta make an effort and go out of your way to do something interesting, and it will cost you. In barcelona all u gotta do is step outside of your place and there's like 25 bars within a 100 yard radius, and it's not just on one strip, it's all around, on every tiny street. Not only that, everyone's always walkin around, having coffee, playing music, just people watching.. it's sick. That's kind of what Frisco is like, and Boston is more or less similar, but LA? C'mon, every place has its own parking so you don't even have to walk for more than 2 minutes a day from your car to the front door of your house or whatnot... All this isolation creates a society that's fucking introverted but at the same time is trying to maximize their fun when they're actually doing something liesurely, which makes it all even more fake. LA is fucking fake all the way though, and sadly most people in LA haven't seen shit and think that it's the only way things can be. True story
LA is a grown up city, and it seems to me you want everything kinda handed to you, you want to find treasure without looking. and money is never an issue for me, i swear ive gone to free concerts, free tv tapings, free art exhibits, come on now, and its all top notch shit, and without spending a dime. Where else in the world can you do all that?
I think you might be finding things "fake" a lot because almost everything entertaining out here is a serious business. from clubs to shows, even the free shows, everything is taken seriously, and you are not ready to be serious. You are afraid to meet new people because they are "Fake" but you dont even give them a chance at all to begin with. Come on now!
Don't make assumptions about what i am or not ready for homie, i don't like that. you might be right that LA is about serious business but that's what makes it all so hard to just chill and be yourself. There's motherfuckers showing off their money at every step and if you go to a club you can't fucking relax because security is everywhere you look, watching your every fucking move. The fucking dress codes are bullshit, too. Some punk ass security might be having a bad day and not let u in because he doesnt like the color of your sneakers. Fuck that shit. The whole advantage in living in a big city is that shit should be popping all around you, and u can just walk the street and enter a random place and have a good time. Why should i have to make an extra effort to dig up something fun to do? If i wanted that, i'd live in the mountains by a lake or something and drive to that one club in LA that might just be fun, but probably not.  And about meeting new people, once again, you're making assumptions about me. WHy should i fucking get over the LA people's "Fakeness," even if it's superficial (which in most cases it is not), if i have an alternative? And trust me, i've given em chances, but i just don't enjoy their company when they fucking talk about bullshit topics all day and don't even touch upon shit that is relevant or in the slightest bit abstract. Fuck that homie. That's why i had to get out of there and go to UCSB, which is a little bit better in the sense of the people, and now i'm in Barcelona which blows LA out of the water in every single sense. Even though there's a billion people in the streets smoking weed, drinking, and being stupid, nobody gets assaulted or shot or robbed at gunpoint. LA society's so fucking violent, people are so obsessive, stressed, materialistic, and their lives are full of problems that are mostly created from the lack of human contact. On top of that, LA is ugly to look at. There's maybe 2 or 3 spots in the entire county that are worth checking out (pasadena, some parts of hollywood, some of the beaches, and that's it. That's in a spread out city of 11 million. Have you ever been outside of LA? it seems like you haven't
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

ecrazy

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2007, 04:07:54 PM »
LA aint boring, but you got it right with being Incredibly materialistic. how could u say its boring?
cuz everything's so spread apart you gotta drive like half an hour from one place to another. Ultimately you just say fuck it and end up chilling at someone's house and smoking a joint, which you can pretty much do anywhere. Plus people in LA suck, so I go out i pretty much don't feel like meeting strangers except if my friends know them or something. Everyone's so damn hostile, it's like you're competing with them on every level. I'm not the only one to say this though, all the LA people in my program in Barcelona agree w/me on these statements. I agree though, that it doesn't HAVE to be boring in LA, but you really gotta make an effort and go out of your way to do something interesting, and it will cost you. In barcelona all u gotta do is step outside of your place and there's like 25 bars within a 100 yard radius, and it's not just on one strip, it's all around, on every tiny street. Not only that, everyone's always walkin around, having coffee, playing music, just people watching.. it's sick. That's kind of what Frisco is like, and Boston is more or less similar, but LA? C'mon, every place has its own parking so you don't even have to walk for more than 2 minutes a day from your car to the front door of your house or whatnot... All this isolation creates a society that's fucking introverted but at the same time is trying to maximize their fun when they're actually doing something liesurely, which makes it all even more fake. LA is fucking fake all the way though, and sadly most people in LA haven't seen shit and think that it's the only way things can be. True story
LA is a grown up city, and it seems to me you want everything kinda handed to you, you want to find treasure without looking. and money is never an issue for me, i swear ive gone to free concerts, free tv tapings, free art exhibits, come on now, and its all top notch shit, and without spending a dime. Where else in the world can you do all that?
I think you might be finding things "fake" a lot because almost everything entertaining out here is a serious business. from clubs to shows, even the free shows, everything is taken seriously, and you are not ready to be serious. You are afraid to meet new people because they are "Fake" but you dont even give them a chance at all to begin with. Come on now!
Don't make assumptions about what i am or not ready for homie, i don't like that. you might be right that LA is about serious business but that's what makes it all so hard to just chill and be yourself. There's motherfuckers showing off their money at every step and if you go to a club you can't fucking relax because security is everywhere you look, watching your every fucking move. The fucking dress codes are bullshit, too. Some punk ass security might be having a bad day and not let u in because he doesnt like the color of your sneakers. Fuck that shit. The whole advantage in living in a big city is that shit should be popping all around you, and u can just walk the street and enter a random place and have a good time. Why should i have to make an extra effort to dig up something fun to do? If i wanted that, i'd live in the mountains by a lake or something and drive to that one club in LA that might just be fun, but probably not.  And about meeting new people, once again, you're making assumptions about me. WHy should i fucking get over the LA people's "Fakeness," even if it's superficial (which in most cases it is not), if i have an alternative? And trust me, i've given em chances, but i just don't enjoy their company when they fucking talk about bullshit topics all day and don't even touch upon shit that is relevant or in the slightest bit abstract. Fuck that homie. That's why i had to get out of there and go to UCSB, which is a little bit better in the sense of the people, and now i'm in Barcelona which blows LA out of the water in every single sense. Even though there's a billion people in the streets smoking weed, drinking, and being stupid, nobody gets assaulted or shot or robbed at gunpoint. LA society's so fucking violent, people are so obsessive, stressed, materialistic, and their lives are full of problems that are mostly created from the lack of human contact. On top of that, LA is ugly to look at. There's maybe 2 or 3 spots in the entire county that are worth checking out (pasadena, some parts of hollywood, some of the beaches, and that's it. That's in a spread out city of 11 million. Have you ever been outside of LA? it seems like you haven't
Assumptions? whos here talking about people being "Fake" and you dont even know them? seriously kid, you just got a chip on your shoulder, your looking to escape, and no turning back, i know...trust me, my sister was the same way, she went out to London and NYC for school, and she was like "yeah, fuck LA, hollywood" and all the same things your yelling about, You cant take away the fact that I LOVE where im from, your trying to downplay it, but why? "Oh man, ive seen belize, ive seen everything" so what?! Ive only traveled in the US and Mexico, ive lived in a small sheltered little city where everyone knew my family and my pops, then I moved to the city, its challenging, the people are different, and there is a degree of difficulty in trying to make it out here, but thats what I like about it. And if your not going to put the effort to try and make it, your going to be bitter about it, like obviously you are. There's beauty in LA, but just like you said, your dont enjoy the company of fake people unless you know the person, and I bet all the people you hang with are like you, so they dont go out at all.

In The End,....I Love LA & So. Cali, no other place I'd Rather Be.

Chief

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2007, 08:10:09 AM »
how long were you in spain for?
I'm still in Barcelona, homie. For another almost 5 months, so i'm gonna try to make the most of it. I love this place. The only thing is, the Catalans are impossible people, completely inapproachable, you can't even talk to the girls. But at least there are thousands of other people living here who are cool as fuck and all the friends i've made here are from south america, other parts of europe, canada, u.s, and a couple from other parts of Spain. U ever been here?

nah i didn't get a chance.. cash flow was a problem.

ABN

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2007, 11:54:09 AM »
i been to Barcelona a couple of times. i went to a Barcelona vs Real Madrid match when i was there and it´s the craziest shit i´ve been to in my life. but spanish people in general are hard to figure out. shit i pay about 500$ for a 3 bedroom apartment with 2 baths. i´m kinda happy that i don´t live in America everything is crazy expensive. been to LA and NY a couple of times and the prices for everything is retarded.