Author Topic: Soundscan (westcoast in bold)  (Read 1578 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Soundscan (westcoast in bold)
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 09:54:23 AM »
I'm glad to see Tyrese doing well...
And for real I don't like it that Game sells more than Snoop with this album...

game's shit came out first. snoop is catching up really quickly.
-T

its the akon affect.

i feel it's the game mad bad single choices effect. I didn't even know who the fuck akon was till my friend let me borrow TBCT but I don't listen to radio or watch any tv that's not daily show, colbert, simpsons, family guy, south park and cnn/cspan.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 10:24:23 AM »

-T

its the akon affect.

i feel it's the game mad bad single choices effect. I didn't even know who the fuck akon was till my friend let me borrow TBCT but I don't listen to radio or watch any tv that's not daily show, colbert, simpsons, family guy, south park and cnn/cspan.

-T

i only watch Prison Break :D no other TV, no radio... i think its a good thing cuz i dont get influenced by all the bullshit they play on radio/MTV... dont need to, anyways, i can tell a single when i hear one

wtf caused the crash in album sales, anyways? we all know its here, but we arent looking for what caused it... iPods, iTunes, and downloads finally fucked it up? or is it somethin else?

Diggfinger

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 10:34:33 AM »
What's the Soundscan website??

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 11:18:30 AM »

-T

its the akon affect.

-T

i only watch Prison Break :D no other TV, no radio... i think its a good thing cuz i dont get influenced by all the bullshit they play on radio/MTV... dont need to, anyways, i can tell a single when i hear one

wtf caused the crash in album sales, anyways? we all know its here, but we arent looking for what caused it... iPods, iTunes, and downloads finally fucked it up? or is it somethin else?

yeah. check it out:

in 2001-2002....burners are common.

in 2005-2006....everyone has a burner.

For every CD sold, ten people get the album real talk. So if 50 went 11 platinum, that's 110 million cats listening to his record. Makes sense to me, cause it's like....only 11 million people bought the record, but over a hundred million people know who 50 is.

furthermore, if music is made that is single oriented who's it being made for? The pop crowd...is the pop crowd concerned with buying an album to support a good artist? naw, they want the 3 catchy danceable singles. so what are they gonna do? download those 2-3 songs and not buy the record. who are the cats buying albums? Us, people who are really into music...are we gonna buy a CD that just has those 3 bangers? nah we'll download the 3 bangers it the LP is whack....so noone's buying the records.eventually the industry will collapse on itself and have to cater to the people that actually buy albums again and that will be a good time.
-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 11:25:29 AM »
It is going to make not only the artists but the record labels step they game up. And you can see it already. I think singles are going to make a comeback, downloadable singles also but you are going to have to push and promote your album for more than 1 single to get sales. People will still buy dope albums, it is just easier for most to download it.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 01:17:30 AM »
Game and Snoop still have a little bit to go. Both should go plat with another single. Tyrese could use another one also. They should do a video for that Playa Cardz Right with Luda to boost Pac's Life sales to gold at least.

yeah they should

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 07:42:53 AM »
i think it's going back to the old school ways :)

Remember back in the day when platinum was something worth bragging about? In the last few years, everyone was going platinum. I kind of like it that only a few people go platinum, because now people are going to put more work in their album. Then they'll stay eating by doing more concerts in the meantime..

Ya'll heard the expression "its a seller/buyer market" ? I think hip hip is finally going back to being a 'buyers market' where artists are going to work harder to make their music better.