Author Topic: There's too many Kids in the Industry today..  (Read 432 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
There's too many Kids in the Industry today..
« on: March 02, 2007, 08:53:10 AM »
That's why Hip Hop is gettin' ruined. I know I'm slow as all hell but I just now noticed that. All these songs and joints coming out by so many fuckin' niggas I mean talking about 'Your first time' and tons other shit. And they aren't very smart. They just make them hits. Wow, lol, kids fuckin' ruin everythang. But what's a real shame is that alot of older cats is following them. Damn. :laugh:

I mean even look at R&B. Com' on, when were teenagers taking over that shit? They were all in the Pop industry and now they are migrating to Hip Hop and fuckin' R&B shit. How is a newly married couple's wedding song gonna be Ciara or Chris Brown?? Oh my Lord. I don't know but I find that sad. NO MORE GROWN AND SEXY. These cats say their music is GROWN AND SEXY but it ain't.

It's all High School music and High School love.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: There's too many Kids in the Industry today..
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 08:54:27 AM »

I think when I explain myself I take away and go off topic of the subject. Lol. So I'm just going to state the problem and give examples.

Chris Brown - Excuse Me Mama
http://www.zshare.net/audio/08-chris-brown-excuse-me-mama-exclusive-mp3.html

Bow Wow Feat. T Pain and Johnta Austin - Outta My System
http://www.zshare.net/audio/bow-wow-feat-t-pain-and-johnta-austin-outta-my-system-mp3-x2g.html

Pretty Ricky - On The Hotline
http://www.zshare.net/audio/pretty-ricky-on-the-hotline-mp3-cjs.html

Baby Huey - Pop, Lock & Drop It
http://www.zshare.net/audio/baby-huey-pop-lock-and-drop-it-mp3.html

Crime Mob - What Is Love
http://www.zshare.net/audio/crime-mob-what-is-love-mp3.html

I mean I ain't saying the tracks ain't hot but damn. It's a kids buziness. There's no grown men. No grown men taking about acual love for R&B classics. No grown men in Hip Hop who have actual shit to say. DO YA'LL FEEL ME?

Now.............

Krs One - You Must Learn
http://www.zshare.net/audio/krs-one-bdp-you-must-learn-mp3.html

Das Efx - Dum Dums
http://www.zshare.net/audio/05-das-efx-dum-dums-mp3.html

Glenn Jones - Show Me
http://www.zshare.net/audio/glenn-jones-show-me-1-mp3.html

Pebbles & Babyface - Love Makes Things Happen
http://www.zshare.net/audio/pebbles-and-babyface-love-makes-things-happen-mp3.html

Now there's people who know what they are talking about. Ya know? I don't know. Maybe I'm just upset and wrong.

DUB-C

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 09:31:11 AM »
looks like we found the expert we were all waiting for ;D

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 09:34:06 AM »
You are 100 % right... It needs new directions

wcsoldier

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 09:37:48 AM »
you can't avoid that when a kind of music can be made by pretty much anybody.. rnb and rap have become "pop" so these things happened

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 09:39:52 AM »
Dude, you my homey, but opinion-wise I'm about to go off.

I'm tired of people all upset about hip hop because of commercial hip hop. I never ever complain about commercial hip hop, you know why? Because I never listen to the radio. I'm not bragging, I'm just suggesting it as it makes my life more enjoyable.

The more we get annoyed by commercial hip hop the more we are confirming the non hip hop community's view that that shit is an actual representation of the art we're into...and it's not.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 09:43:48 AM »
Forget the commercial wise thing, there's too many kids in the Industry, period. Teens and kids.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 09:47:20 AM »
Forget the commercial wise thing, there's too many kids in the Industry, period. Teens and kids.

Of course, this is all in discussive fun...ahem:

Can you show me some of the non-radio played kids? Show me some underground kids? Name me all the kids that are gonna be at Murs' underground hip hop fest?

It's just the commercial aspect of ANY and ALL music that is so consistently made bad for the lowest common denominator, it's easy to ignore with a 'click'. Just don't let it be hip hop cause it ain't and it won't be.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 09:57:51 AM »

I'm tired of people all upset about hip hop because of commercial hip hop. I never ever complain about commercial hip hop, you know why? Because I never listen to the radio. I'm not bragging, I'm just suggesting it as it makes my life more enjoyable.

The more we get annoyed by commercial hip hop the more we are confirming the non hip hop community's view that that shit is an actual representation of the art we're into...and it's not.

-T

when your favorite rapper is not making commercial access, there will be more obstacles and reasons for that artists fall from the face of the earth.  if you got recognition in the mainstream, people will keep checkin for you, to see if they have any new shit.  but if you stay underground forever, you only have a limited fan base to work with - limited financial success, limited options of business, and more loop holes for you to succumb to.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 09:59:11 AM »

-T

when your favorite rapper is not making commercial money, there will be more obstacles and reasons for that artists fall from the face of the earth.  if you got recognition in the mainstream, people will keep checkin for you, to see if they have any new shit.  but if you stay underground forever, you only have a limited fan base to work with - limited financial success, limited options of business, and more loop holes for you to succumb to.
nah, I'm saying as a fan. Just don't listen to radio/mtv/vh1/fuse etc. I don't, I just listen to what I wanna listen so hip hop is kind of whatever I make it if that makes sense?
-T

westcoastavengers.com

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 10:11:46 AM »

Can you show me some of the non-radio played kids? Show me some underground kids? Name me all the kids that are gonna be at Murs' underground hip hop fest?

It's just the commercial aspect of ANY and ALL music that is so consistently made bad for the lowest common denominator, it's easy to ignore with a 'click'. Just don't let it be hip hop cause it ain't and it won't be.

-T

I didn't mean commercial like commercial. I meant like forget everything and look at the big picture. But I guess that'll make it commercial wise. I'm wrong. Ya'll gotta hang in wit me here. I put myself in my own holes.

But to answer your question, I don't listen to that kind of music barely so I couldn't tell ya.

But ya'll understand where I'm TRYIN' to come from?? It's all kids in the business, like damn. None of them are making their own music, maybe Neyo, but it's the rest that's all kiddy shit. It's all poppy High School music. Ya'll FEEL me??  Yes, of course there's been kids in the industry many times before but fuck it's on a whole different level now. They runnin' it. :-\

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 10:15:09 AM »

-T

I didn't mean commercial like commercial. I meant like forget everything and look at the big picture. But I guess that'll make it commercial wise. I'm wrong. Ya'll gotta hang in wit me here. I put myself in my own holes.

But to answer your question, I don't listen to that kind of music barely so I couldn't tell ya.

But ya'll understand where I'm TRYIN' to come from?? It's all kids in the business, like damn. None of them are making their own music, maybe Neyo, but it's the rest that's all kiddy shit. It's all poppy High School music. Ya'll FEEL me??  Yes, of course there's been kids in the industry many times before but fuck it's on a whole different level now. They runnin' it. :-\

they were rhetorical questions, my point was you won't find kids in underground, won't find kids in a non commercial arena.

I wasn't dissing you and you ain't in no holes man, s'all good. anyway, my point is they ain't runnin' nothing. They're just some hustlers with some hustlers. meanwhile there's cats like common and nas doing rap you know what I mean? The kids are just irrelevant when you look at it from an artistic standpoint and not a commercial one. but I do see what you're saying.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 02:22:21 PM »
high school kids are the only ones left buying albums probably. once you get into college its all torrent and other bootlegging. gotta play to your demographic

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 02:38:48 PM »
high school kids are the only ones left buying albums probably. once you get into college its all torrent and other bootlegging. gotta play to your demographic

good point, college kids are just too broke to be otherwise.
-T

westcoastavengers.com

Elevz

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 04:11:15 PM »
To be fair, these kid artists only adapt to what their audience (other kids) wants. They obtain success through simplistic formula's, and they get rich off it. Other people simply copy it, including rappers that are looking to expand their fanbase...

Too many kids? I don't know - pop music has always had its share of youngsters on top. Thing is, music is different now. The 'pop' genre hardly exists, so these youngsters have taken on positions in popular genres such as R&B. That's only natural if you ask me.