Author Topic: New Interview with G-Unit's Young Hot Rod  (Read 586 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: New Interview with G-Unit's Young Hot Rod
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 08:08:21 AM »
This is the answer id like to hear to the question of do you expect to sell platinum? Is that realistic in your mind?

"Platinum aint important the most important thing is making the best possible album i can, so those who do buy it get value for money. Quality is more important than sales. "

I aint gonna hear that though, especially from someone who is signed to G Unit.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 08:18:03 AM »
^^ Buck said that in an interview few weeks ago.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 08:22:44 AM »
This is the answer id like to hear to the question of do you expect to sell platinum? Is that realistic in your mind?

"Platinum aint important the most important thing is making the best possible album i can, so those who do buy it get value for money. Quality is more important than sales. "

I aint gonna hear that though, especially from someone who is signed to G Unit.

If they were indie, they wouldn't have to do NEAR the sales numbers as a major and still get mad paper.  Most of these guys are idiots / attention whores who'd rather say they went platinum on G-Unit and get invited to parties and shit than get that indie money.  These dudes aren't even smart hustlers.  They're on some status / hype shit which is all they're about.  

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 09:36:40 AM »
http://www.aftermathmusic.com/_interviews/hotrod_march_2007.html

This dude's a fucking idiot if he really believes he's going multi-plat...

Or if he believes his album is actually gonna get released, for that matter.

So when hotrod says hes going multi plat, hes an idiot. But when Game says hes selling 5 million and a first week of 900,000, hes just thinking clearly. Double standards on this forum, and G-Unit hating is getting annoying.

EVERYONE HYPES THEMSELVES. thats what rappers do. And if their labels don't see their artists hyping up their own projects, they get worried. ITS THEIR JOBS TO SAY IT.

When Game said that he was gonna do those numbers before D.A. dropped, he was already an established artist, more importantly he was at that point an artist that people had actually heard of. He went multi-plat already. Hot Rod has been around for all of 8 months, with one single\video...with little to no legitimate spins and he's talking about selling 2 mil?

I get that rappers gotta hype themselves up...but this cat is clearly on some nonsense shit. People don't go out and buy records like they used to, shit is different now. How is an upstart gonna outsell veterans based on his label alone...dude believes his own hype.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 09:40:11 AM by Larrabee »

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 01:17:42 PM »
^ I agree with that. Hot Rod isn't very good from what i've heard. Like all G-Unit artists, they try to hard to appeal to the mainstream and end up making watered down music. A street G-Unit record would be pretty good. Its too bad their obsessed with sales.

The problem is really the interviewers, they ask stupid assed questions they already know the answers too. Dubcnn always asks great questions, and it seems they actually know a lot about the artists. Others just ask generic questions to everyone.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2007, 04:57:05 PM »
^^word, interview was not great, but this nigga had a chance to get some good thoughts out off people through that interview, and the only thing he succeeded in doing was making himself look retarded......the interviewer may not have been great but someone else could have had that oppurtunity to promote themselves and tried a lil harder to co-operate with that cat.....i'm sure if 50 has not already, will let him know that these interviews and shit aint no game, he wanna blow, he better man a lil....everyone acts stupid in interviews and shit now and again, but to start off on some of the bullshit this cat was on, aint no excuse, cat probably will not ever release a solo for a long ass time atleast.....and this shit will not help him, if he continues like this, nigga gon get clowned hard like spider loc was and then he will have no chance of dropping a cd, whether he aight or wack

pz