Author Topic: Martin Palermo goal from behind half way line  (Read 127 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Martin Palermo goal from behind half way line
« on: February 27, 2007, 10:14:01 AM »
For Boca against Independiente.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/R-2mFP5KRnc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/R-2mFP5KRnc</a>

Good to see they've got their classic 9 10 partnership back, with Riquelme on loan from Villarreal until the end of the season.

Intriago33

Re: Martin Palermo goal from behind half way line
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 10:24:38 AM »
I just saw this on Sky Sports News, great strike, & this dude was a great on earlier CM's.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 10:36:44 AM »
didnt realise riquelme had gone to boca, one of my fav players. Technically brilliant !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

bez

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 02:33:17 PM »
Good goal.  Keeper should of done better.

WHy the fuck would you let Riquelme go back to Argentina.  I would be like, fuck no, you are going no where!!!

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 03:19:41 PM »
Where do you reappear from Bez, you ain't been around in ages?

Riquelme basically got a bit cocky as he's by far the best player at Villarreal, wasn't turning up to training sessions, basically decided when he wanted to play, etc, so they got fed up with him and stopped playing him through December and January. Boca offered to take him on loan til the end of the season so they accepted. Whether he'll make up with Villarreal and be back next season who knows, might be he justs wants to go back to Boca permanantly, although that would be a waste, because he's still got another 4-5 years in him playing at the top level in Europe. I think he was starting to get homesick though.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 04:22:44 PM »
I was just gonna say is this from ages ago as I was also unaware of the JRR situation.

I wished Palermo had lived up to his potential. :(
NO MORE WAR

bez

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 02:04:43 PM »
I have just been chillen.  I couldnt get onto the boards for a hell of a long time and in time I completly forgot about it. 

Nice to be back though! 

Ahhhh, well if I was the Chairman of villareal I would of said to him, sort your head out son, and if he fucked me about he would be rotting in the reserves.

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 06:03:15 AM »
Delicious!!!

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 09:38:04 AM »
Nice

I wished Palermo & Riquelme had lived up to his their potential. :(

kemizt

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 10:35:03 AM »
Great goal. A damn shame Riquelme is in Argentina now. I never understood how no big club in Europe bought him from Villareal.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 06:14:08 AM by *GP* Part Of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 11:58:20 AM »
Nice

Riquelme is a God in my book, he just isn't playing with really top quality players.
NO MORE WAR

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 12:13:22 PM »
Nice

Riquelme is a God in my book, he just isn't playing with really top quality players.
He played in Barca.

kemizt

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 02:42:41 PM »
Riquelme is to me possibly the best player in the world, he's just part of a dying breed, the proper number 10s, dictating the flow of the play and is thus misunderstood by most of todays fans before he doesn't seem as electrifying as someone like Ronaldinho. In the Spanish League there was only really him and (when fit) Valeron who are that type of player. GP, as far as I understood Riquelme had no desire to move to a bigger European club, he was comfortable at Villarreal because he felt at home there, I think when the problems started he then just wanted to return to Boca, even if another European club comes in for him in the summer I'm sure he now has his heart set in staying at Boca.

The reason he didn't have a great time at Barca was firstly because Van Gaal didn't really want him in the first place and secondly, they've never really been a team that has had that central attacking midfielder who dictates the pace of the game, they've always had players like Guardiola and at that time Xavi who fulfil this function from a deeper position allowing the quicker players to do their stuff in the final third. Villarreal showed that if you build a team around Riquelme you can have great success, but he can't just play as a normal midfielder or wide player as Barca tried to play him.