Author Topic: Eazy E - the most underrated rapper ever?  (Read 1360 times)

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eazy E - the most underrated rapper ever?
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2007, 10:39:10 AM »
the same could be said about dre..he probably didnt write much on anything death row related or aftermath related.....   as a producer yeah he is a legend

and i agree Eazy ripped Dre and Death row with all his disses...even Kokane killed dre on funk upon a rhyme.. 
Eazy's only mistake in life was not signing DJ Quik back in the day..
It wasn't Eazy's mistake.
"I ended up meeting Easy after my album came out, and we talked about me even signing over there, and he even tried to get me out of my Profile deal, sign me over there; offered a million dollars and Profile was like no we aren’t having it. Sent him a cease and desist order and all this shit, so . " - DJ Quik (http://www.mobfiggaz.net/exclusive_interviews/dj_quik_interview.php)

In my opinion Eazy isn't unterrated at all. I don't care if some one else wrote couple of his song, eazy real muthafucca anyway.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 10:40:55 AM by GimmeYourShoes »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

$Eg2$

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2007, 10:40:09 AM »
I liked the Eazy E disses but I cant say he destroyed Death Row or anybody from there ??? The Row were still makin hits after the disses and the disses really didnt mean much since Eazy E pressed charges against Suge for assault when Suge made him sign over Dre so the disses dont mean much when you press charges against niggas and talkin like your gonna wack em .

Rip eazy

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2007, 11:17:14 AM »
Regardless if he didn't write 100% of his lyrics, I still think he is underrated. I think it's because he didn't die from a honorable reason like getting shot up. (joking... but not really). Plus he died at a time when the West Coast was starting to really heat up.

When these East Coast, BET and MTV cats be naming off their favorite rappers of all time, i don't see them thinking "I would of named Eazy E but he didn't write his own lyrics"

I don't understand how some of ya can name Snoop Dogg and Kurupt in your favorite MC rankings when at their prime their lyrics were written by DOC

Difference is that regardless of who wrote what, Kurupt and Snoop had a MUUUUUUCH better flow, delivery, and all else that isn't lyrics. I don't even care about Eazy writin or not writin his lyrics...he wasn't one of the best rappers back then. One reason that Death Row and the Snoop/Dre camp blew up 100 times more than Eazy and Ruthless before BONE came is not just because of Dre's production, but because they were better rappers. Eazy had funny raps, and had some catchy and memorable lines, regardless of if he wrote it or not...but rap wise, it's no way he could touch Snoop, Kurupt, Lady of Rage, or anybody else. I'd also say that Dre was better at rappin than Eazy was.

JohnnyL

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2007, 11:41:54 AM »
Regardless if he didn't write 100% of his lyrics, I still think he is underrated. I think it's because he didn't die from a honorable reason like getting shot up. (joking... but not really). Plus he died at a time when the West Coast was starting to really heat up.

When these East Coast, BET and MTV cats be naming off their favorite rappers of all time, i don't see them thinking "I would of named Eazy E but he didn't write his own lyrics"

I don't understand how some of ya can name Snoop Dogg and Kurupt in your favorite MC rankings when at their prime their lyrics were written by DOC

Difference is that regardless of who wrote what, Kurupt and Snoop had a MUUUUUUCH better flow, delivery, and all else that isn't lyrics. I don't even care about Eazy writin or not writin his lyrics...he wasn't one of the best rappers back then. One reason that Death Row and the Snoop/Dre camp blew up 100 times more than Eazy and Ruthless before BONE came is not just because of Dre's production, but because they were better rappers. Eazy had funny raps, and had some catchy and memorable lines, regardless of if he wrote it or not...but rap wise, it's no way he could touch Snoop, Kurupt, Lady of Rage, or anybody else. I'd also say that Dre was better at rappin than Eazy was.

I agree with your point about who had the better flows between Snoop and Kurupt, verses Eazy.  I think they were better emcees.  Especially Kurupt.  For that matter, I think Kurupt was probably the best emcee on Death Row at that time (the classic deathrow era, when he was first signed to the label.)  Kurupt in his prime was probably better than a lot of emcees today.  He used complex compound syllable rhyme schemes and a lot of similies and metaphors.  The strength in Eazy's flow I think was, as someone else said, his charisma.  That, and he had a very unique voice.  Lyrics-wise, his flow was more straight-to-the-point.  But I think people respect it so much still, because he seemed to give the impression that what he said in his rhymes was real talk.  Especially as it pertained to the Ruthless and Deathrow situation.

But again, business wise, there's no comparison.  You need only look at it this way.  Ruthless records was a success, because Eric Wright made it a success.  Deathrow was a success, because all the talent that was at Ruthless at the time was hijacked and taken to Deathrow.  Ruthless as a label, failed only because it's CEO and founder died.  Deathrow failed when it shouldn't have.  The people who were in charge at Deathrow pissed their empire away.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 11:45:15 AM by JohnnyL »

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2007, 12:41:27 PM »

I agree with your point about who had the better flows between Snoop and Kurupt, verses Eazy.  I think they were better emcees.  Especially Kurupt.  For that matter, I think Kurupt was probably the best emcee on Death Row at that time (the classic deathrow era, when he was first signed to the label.)  Kurupt in his prime was probably better than a lot of emcees today.  He used complex compound syllable rhyme schemes and a lot of similies and metaphors.  The strength in Eazy's flow I think was, as someone else said, his charisma.  That, and he had a very unique voice.  Lyrics-wise, his flow was more straight-to-the-point.  But I think people respect it so much still, because he seemed to give the impression that what he said in his rhymes was real talk.  Especially as it pertained to the Ruthless and Deathrow situation.

But again, business wise, there's no comparison.  You need only look at it this way.  Ruthless records was a success, because Eric Wright made it a success.  Deathrow was a success, because all the talent that was at Ruthless at the time was hijacked and taken to Deathrow.  Ruthless as a label, failed only because it's CEO and founder died.  Deathrow failed when it shouldn't have.  The people who were in charge at Deathrow pissed their empire away.

I'd agree with almost everything except saying that the talent at Ruthless was hi-jacked. We definitely can't act as if Jerry and Eazy weren't shady azz businessmen, especially towards NWA...and the only talent that went from Ruthless to Death Row was Dre, so they must not have been THAT strong if one person could change the entire outcome. Cube went out and did his own thing, but it wasn't with DR. When Eazy was alive, Ruthless didn't blow up again til BONE dropped.

mrfranklin

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2007, 01:14:12 PM »
I agree i think eazy is the greatest of all time he did it before anybody else the pioneer

JohnnyL

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2007, 05:47:57 AM »

I'd agree with almost everything except saying that the talent at Ruthless was hi-jacked. We definitely can't act as if Jerry and Eazy weren't shady azz businessmen, especially towards NWA...and the only talent that went from Ruthless to Death Row was Dre, so they must not have been THAT strong if one person could change the entire outcome. Cube went out and did his own thing, but it wasn't with DR. When Eazy was alive, Ruthless didn't blow up again til BONE dropped.

Actually, Dr.Dre, Michelle', and D.O.C. all defected to Deathrow.  Now, hands down, Dr.Dre leaving was definately the biggest loss to Ruthless Records.  But when you look at how much D.O.C. contributed to the writing for both the Deathrow and Ruthless camps, signing him was another big acquisition for Death Row.  And had he not lost his voice in that unfortunate accident, it would have been an even bigger deal.  But more than just the people that Death Row signed, they also used the same concept that Eazy started to make each of their albums successful.  The idea being that you put the entire "family" on each solo project so that they're introduced to the public and anticipation can grow  for each of their upcoming albums.  Moreover, if you subscribe to Eazy's opinion, it can also be argued that Death Row didn't invent "G-Funk" but rather copied the sound from Above the Law's "Black Mafia Life" album.

Now, I don't mean to say that some of the members of NWA didn't get signed to bad deals at Ruthless.  Some of them may have.  Jerry Heller has even admitted in that recent interview that he underestimated the importance that Dre played at Ruthless Records.  But what I meant by "hi-jacked", is that Suge Knight capitalized on that situation.  He basically used a "divide and conquer" tactic, pulling them aside one by one, and telling them how bad their deal was at Ruthless.    And if you looked at how things turned out, Dre and D.O.C. didn't end up happy with their situation over at Death Row either, and Dre owned half of the company, over there.

I'm not trying to sound like I'm all down on Death Row. A lot of good music ended up coming out of how things turned out.  I'm just saying that when Death Row started, it started with every advantage.  And in the end it was all squandered.

DEKO

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2007, 01:12:09 PM »
yeah people keep talkin about how E never wrote his lyrics. The truth is E did write alot of his own shit. Alot of niggas dont know is dat E did write at least half of his shit on Niggaz4Life. He said himself he didnt wanna be credited because he felt it didnt matter cuz he was already executive producin everything and ownin the company. He wrote his part on Findum Fuccum N Flee, Real Niggaz Dont Die and Appetite For Destruction. In the beginnin The DOC and Ice Cube wrote most of his shit. It all changed when Cube left and E got more involved in the writing. His last verse he ever recorded was written by himself The MUTHAFUCCIN REAL. BG Knocc Out and Dresta helped write his verse on Real Compton City G but some of the lines were all E. This shit is a fact. Another song I know he wrote all by himself was Wut Would U Do wit him and Shaki. So niggas keep sayin shit that aint really true. This niggas was highly involved in the artistic nature of music. He was all into it. This niggas was gettin into producin and he was even designin album covers...shiiiiiiiit.

I agree with you 100%!
People need to stop bullshitting like "he didn't write shit" because when he released solo albums after '92 he wrote his own tracks (not all, but many tracks he did wrote himself... it's been confirmed in MC Ren interviews etc... etc.. do some fucking research)! So yes, he was great as an artist too, not just a good businessman!!!! So he really deserves the title The Godfather Of Gangstarap, and more recognition! In my opinion he is underrated... >:( :(

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2007, 09:34:51 PM »
imo a pretty crap rapper. The personality was everything tho

JohnnyL

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2007, 06:21:03 AM »
yeah people keep talkin about how E never wrote his lyrics. The truth is E did write alot of his own shit. Alot of niggas dont know is dat E did write at least half of his shit on Niggaz4Life. He said himself he didnt wanna be credited because he felt it didnt matter cuz he was already executive producin everything and ownin the company. He wrote his part on Findum Fuccum N Flee, Real Niggaz Dont Die and Appetite For Destruction. In the beginnin The DOC and Ice Cube wrote most of his shit. It all changed when Cube left and E got more involved in the writing. His last verse he ever recorded was written by himself The MUTHAFUCCIN REAL. BG Knocc Out and Dresta helped write his verse on Real Compton City G but some of the lines were all E. This shit is a fact. Another song I know he wrote all by himself was Wut Would U Do wit him and Shaki. So niggas keep sayin shit that aint really true. This niggas was highly involved in the artistic nature of music. He was all into it. This niggas was gettin into producin and he was even designin album covers...shiiiiiiiit.

I agree with you 100%!
People need to stop bullshitting like "he didn't write shit" because when he released solo albums after '92 he wrote his own tracks (not all, but many tracks he did wrote himself... it's been confirmed in MC Ren interviews etc... etc.. do some fucking research)! So yes, he was great as an artist too, not just a good businessman!!!! So he really deserves the title The Godfather Of Gangstarap, and more recognition! In my opinion he is underrated... >:( :(

Yeah.  I think the fact that Ice Cube, D.O.C., and MC Ren wrote for him early in his career has perpetuated the myth that he only used ghost wrtiers over the span of his career.  And I've never seen or heard that anywhere.  In all the interviews conducted with Eazy and any of his entourage, I've never read or heard anyone say "Eazy never wrote any of his lyrics."  It's common knowledge that at the beginning of his career he didn't write his rhymes.  But at the beginning of his career, he never planned on being a rapper.  I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter all that much anyway.  But I do think that towards the end of his solo career, Eazy was writing more and more of his own stuff.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 06:26:41 AM by JohnnyL »

Raphael

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2007, 07:01:41 AM »
eazy e dickriders are the most annoyin dickriders ever :grumpy:

Raphael

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2007, 07:37:52 AM »

No diss respect mr.stockholm,but this dude JohnnyL got most of his fact's right. All you need to do is check the credits,if that's not enough check the MC Ren interview over www.thaformula.com .

my comment had nothing with the thread to do..im just saying that the 12 year old ruthless groupies like csicc,deko,ruthless95 or something like that are annoying..and no i dont live in stockholm :P

DEKO

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2007, 02:49:27 AM »

No diss respect mr.stockholm,but this dude JohnnyL got most of his fact's right. All you need to do is check the credits,if that's not enough check the MC Ren interview over www.thaformula.com .

my comment had nothing with the thread to do..im just saying that the 12 year old ruthless groupies like csicc,deko,ruthless95 or something like that are annoying..and no i dont live in stockholm :P

You know what I find annoying? Muthafuckers who're twisting the facts about Eazy E. The only thing suckers like you can make up is "he didn't write his own lyrics." Wow... what an argument! Like I said before: DO SOME FUCKING RESEARCH before you start spreading that bullshit!

How did you feel when you called the Ruthless fans "12 year old groupies"? I hope you're really proud of yourself, fool! I'm probably older than you are... that's why you don't understand the greatness of Eazy E and Ruthless Records. You were probably born after the Ruthless era. If you don't understand it keep your bullshit mouth shut, faggot!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 02:51:01 AM by DEKO »

Okka

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2007, 03:11:00 AM »
He is not underrated considering he didn't write a lot of his raps.

True, but he definetly was a good artist & a legend...

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2007, 04:42:34 AM »

You know what I find annoying? Muthafuckers who're twisting the facts about Eazy E. The only thing suckers like you can make up is "he didn't write his own lyrics." Wow... what an argument! Like I said before: DO SOME FUCKING RESEARCH before you start spreading that bullshit!

How did you feel when you called the Ruthless fans "12 year old groupies"? I hope you're really proud of yourself, fool! I'm probably older than you are... that's why you don't understand the greatness of Eazy E and Ruthless Records. You were probably born after the Ruthless era. If you don't understand it keep your bullshit mouth shut, faggot!

Man, have u seen your avatar and sig?  :-X

kemizt