Author Topic: Is Dj Quik goning to be involved in Detox?  (Read 590 times)

THETRUTHUG

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Is Dj Quik goning to be involved in Detox?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 05:35:36 AM »
maybe dre is scared that quik uses a very known sample again, ;D

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 07:35:11 AM »
who knows what dre is doin..but quik should be on it

Blu Lacez

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 08:22:52 AM »
When did quik say bustas album was a flop ? i thought they had some kind of beef from back in the day didnt quik make a diss track against dre

They were beefing before, but i think they squashed the beef-hence that **Put It On Me** Track..
But i don't know if they have re-ignited the beef..

i dont know if it is true but i read in this forum long time ago that U Ain't Fresh (Balance & Options) was a dre diss.. quik denied it in an interview. dont know if it is true. quik talks a lot of shit ya know

--let me derail this thread alittle..

Tha Track **You ain't Fresh*** featured Erick Sermon & Kam

And some of lyrics, could be seen to be directed at Dre-i don't know why i would think this, seeing am Huge Dre Fan..
Peep

Dj Quik line

And I'll prove I'm proper and yo game is whack with 1 line
I'll never put my name on a track that wasn't mine

Erick Sermon does not really do any diss on that track..

Kam does not really diss, but this line could be interupted differently..

[color=blue]You's a fruity-o, you make the most excuses
And keep a studio full of ghost producers
[/color]

That diss was way back in 2000,I know Dre & Quik worked on a track together **Put it on Me** fro the Training Day sound track, not sure if they've worked on another track since then.
I know Quik said somethin about Busta's album, not doing as good as it should.

Sorry folks that was a bit  :sign_offtopic:   8)

I hope Quik gets a shot at Detox-if not he can keep doing his thang on the Fillers-can't wait for that Album!!!

WestCoasta

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 10:12:31 AM »
no way will he be on Detox

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 12:51:54 PM »
When did quik say bustas album was a flop ? i thought they had some kind of beef from back in the day didnt quik make a diss track against dre

They were beefing before, but i think they squashed the beef-hence that **Put It On Me** Track..
But i don't know if they have re-ignited the beef..

i dont know if it is true but i read in this forum long time ago that U Ain't Fresh (Balance & Options) was a dre diss.. quik denied it in an interview. dont know if it is true. quik talks a lot of shit ya know

--let me derail this thread alittle..

Tha Track **You ain't Fresh*** featured Erick Sermon & Kam

And some of lyrics, could be seen to be directed at Dre-i don't know why i would think this, seeing am Huge Dre Fan..
Peep

Dj Quik line

And I'll prove I'm proper and yo game is whack with 1 line
I'll never put my name on a track that wasn't mine

Erick Sermon does not really do any diss on that track..

Kam does not really diss, but this line could be interupted differently..

[color=blue]You's a fruity-o, you make the most excuses
And keep a studio full of ghost producers
[/color]

That diss was way back in 2000,I know Dre & Quik worked on a track together **Put it on Me** fro the Training Day sound track, not sure if they've worked on another track since then.
I know Quik said somethin about Busta's album, not doing as good as it should.

Sorry folks that was a bit  :sign_offtopic:   8)

I hope Quik gets a shot at Detox-if not he can keep doing his thang on the Fillers-can't wait for that Album!!!

didnt dre and quik work together on truth hurts - addictive. Im pretty sure there was a bit of confusion a while back over who produced it.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Vinnie

• 'G'
  • not quite that fly.
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2007, 01:22:17 PM »
didnt dre and quik work together on truth hurts - addictive. Im pretty sure there was a bit of confusion a while back over who produced it.

Yes, DJ Quik was given producer credit for Addictive and I'm not really lookin' on Truthfully Speaking, which is where the following comment comes into play;

maybe dre is scared that quik uses a very known sample again, ;D

It is hard to tell where the two of them stand since Dr. Dre does not speak about it and when DJ Quik does, it is hard to tell if he is taking shots, complimenting, or both.

"I have done over 50 million records in sales, which really, actually means nothing because Dr. Dre has done 100 million and I will always be under that little cloak, that little secrecy of being the under-linked producer.  You know, but when we finally get Dr. Dre out of the way, you'll know that i am the best in Compton" 02/28/07.

With DJ Quik running around saying non-sense like that, I doubt he will be on Detox.

Diggfinger

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2007, 01:28:13 PM »
Could be cool, I highly doubt it though.

Let's be honest Dre almost exclusively messes with artists he know can sell millions like Eminem, 50, Busta and so on....and frankly, Quik just cant seem to do that. (Even though he is the best hip-hop producer ;D 8))

everlast1986

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2007, 01:36:10 PM »
yep i say hes goning from Detox

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2007, 03:45:30 PM »
Also from "U Ain't Fresh" he starts off his verse "I know you like to do extascy".... And then Dre's verse from Chronic 2001 "Let's Get High" "I just took some extasy"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2007, 03:50:42 PM »
Those two haven't worked together since like 2002. I don't see why Dre would randomly call him to be on his album now.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"