Author Topic: Murs Signs To Major Label For New Album  (Read 190 times)

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Murs Signs To Major Label For New Album
« on: March 26, 2007, 09:54:00 PM »

To confirm suspicions after claiming his next album would be a more commercial effort, Murs announced to a crowd of 7000 of his fans that he had signed to Warner Bros. for his next album. After his headlining set with Slug, Murs delivered a heartfelt speech to the crowd and let them know he was taking the major label route as he "is tired of hearing so much bullshit on the radio."

He promised he would still make music the music, major or independent, for his true fans. The album, which is looking like it will be called Murs For President, is in the beginning stages...

What is now in the final stages, is Atmosphere's new album. The Minnesota emcee/producer duo Slug and Ant recorded 30 songs in just two months and are now narrowing the selections down to send the album to be mixed. No word yet when the LP will hit the shelves...

After El-P made a surprise appearance during Slug and Murs' set at the Paid Dues Festival and rocked his new single Smithereens, fans were treated to an even bigger surprise. DJ Mr. Len, one of the day's host DJ's, hit the stage with El-Producto and they performed the Company Flow classic Vital Nerve...

We Fly High

Re: Murs Signs To Major Label For New Album
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 10:00:04 PM »
murs next album going to be a monster. on a whole nother level.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 10:36:51 AM »

i hope so , plus i hope that he wont go commercial.

i dont want to see a production list that includes lil john, neptunes, scott storch.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

rik

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 10:44:00 AM »
I can't wait for a new Murs album. "Murray's Revenge" was probably the best album of 06.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 10:46:26 AM »
I can't wait for a new Murs album. "Murray's Revenge" was probably the best album of 06.

For sure...did you check our Best of 2006? We selected it as an Editors Choice award!

http://www.dubcnn.com/features/editorials/bestof2006/newindex.html

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

rik

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 10:51:49 AM »
^ Nah, I hadn't checked that out. Good looks.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 10:52:36 AM »

i dont want to see a production list that includes lil john, neptunes, scott storch.

Hmm....I won't say who's on here, but I've heard some of the possible songs, and yes...some of the artists may surprise you...but please believe that he hasn't gone commercial a bit. Just picture all the regular songs and lyrics he's done and said before...but with a hook from a R&B star, and over a superproducer's beat. There are some songs that may be radio ready, but they aren't watered down at all. However, that's my only fear...I know how his fans are, and how most underground or independent rap fans are....they will call a rapper a sell out just because of who he has on a song, even if they don't change their style for it.

ABN

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »

However, that's my only fear...I know how his fans are, and how most underground or independent rap fans are....they will call a rapper a sell out just because of who he has on a song, even if they don't change their style for it.
fuck them, those cocksuckers aren´t real fans if their just gonna switch it up like that anyway. good luck to your cousin, you aint gonna try to slide him some beats though? ;D

rik

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 11:01:09 AM »
Yo R-Tistic, is there a projected release date yet?

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 11:04:49 AM »

Hmm....I won't say who's on here, but I've heard some of the possible songs, and yes...some of the artists may surprise you...but please believe that he hasn't gone commercial a bit. Just picture all the regular songs and lyrics he's done and said before...but with a hook from a R&B star, and over a superproducer's beat. There are some songs that may be radio ready, but they aren't watered down at all. However, that's my only fear...I know how his fans are, and how most underground or independent rap fans are....they will call a rapper a sell out just because of who he has on a song, even if they don't change their style for it.

I will support murs regardless because he deserves success. I would just like to see him achieve the success without having to go to a mainstream producer. His music is good enough as it is , im worried that a generic producer wont compliment him and will give him a throw away beat that will be on the album because warner bros believe that the producers name will guarentee extra sales.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

rik

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 11:06:12 AM »
Is he getting a beat from Premo?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 11:34:15 AM »
R-Tistic, you should definatly give him a beat or two. That's family right there, he should put you on. ;D

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 11:40:48 AM »
There's no release date, but I think he has a good number of songs recorded already. LOL, I definitely need to get on somethin, but I don't know if it'll be this album, mainly because of politics...but we got somethin in the vault already.