Author Topic: If Aftermath/Interscope doesn't give 50 Cent his 100 million dollar renewal..  (Read 1487 times)

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
And there are thousands of record labels that are going to give 50 that money elsewhere  ::). He has got it good and he knows it. He ain't going nowhere.

That's what being a boss is all about. 50 can still sell 2 million in the Tri-State alone, and yeah, his record sales are going down, abd may drop somemore, Game would not be a good exchange for Interscope. If he struggled to go platinum this time, he will struggle to go gold next time.
nah, it was poor singles on the part of Game

if he'd done too much, the jamie foxx song and wouldn't get far instead of one blood(too street), let's ride (is really just trying too hard, sounds awkward to a non-fan), and wouldn't get far (too little too late).

furthermore, proverbs wasn't saying are they gonna replace 50 with Game, yall always jump to the most extreme ass shit. he was just saying, do yall think they would fuck with Game once 50 left?

-T

thanks man.

i don't mean replace 50 with game.. i'm talking about working with him more and bringing him back to the label since the reason he was moved to Geffen was because he beefed with 50.

i guess the question could be general for any rapper 50 has beefed with. Do you think Aftermath/Interscope would be open to work and possibly sign artists that they wouldn't have b/c 50 was around?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
And there are thousands of record labels that are going to give 50 that money elsewhere  ::). He has got it good and he knows it. He ain't going nowhere.

That's what being a boss is all about. 50 can still sell 2 million in the Tri-State alone, and yeah, his record sales are going down, abd may drop somemore, Game would not be a good exchange for Interscope. If he struggled to go platinum this time, he will struggle to go gold next time.

if he'd done too much, the jamie foxx song and wouldn't get far instead of one blood(too street), let's ride (is really just trying too hard, sounds awkward to a non-fan), and wouldn't get far (too little too late).

furthermore, proverbs wasn't saying are they gonna replace 50 with Game, yall always jump to the most extreme ass shit. he was just saying, do yall think they would fuck with Game once 50 left?

-T

thanks man.

i don't mean replace 50 with game.. i'm talking about working with him more and bringing him back to the label since the reason he was moved to Geffen was because he beefed with 50.

i guess the question could be general for any rapper 50 has beefed with. Do you think Aftermath/Interscope would be open to work and possibly sign artists that they wouldn't have b/c 50 was around?
Hell yes, it's great publicity. it's attention. I mean jesus, look at the situations that have happened! it's like the WWF, very well dramatized soap operas and shit. the game/50 beef sold a grip of records. and alot of us still talk about. hell yeah, they would sign Game again and Game would do it if the all the money and staging was right.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

floatin_above_everything

-T

IMO, it didn't matter what singles he released, "One Blood" was very popular out here, but without 50, I knew he wouldn't go platinum. Unless he steps it up majorly, he will struggle to sell gold next time.

As far as Game returing to the Aftermath camp, it's anybody's guess. None of us REALLY know what happened, and none if us knows what his relationship with Dre is really like. I don't think Aftermath would pick him up again, as he most likley won't sell with his next album. Same shit happened to Banks.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I still cant understand people who are saying Game is off Aftermath because of 50. It was a part of why he got dropped but not the whole reason. Its obvious his character is strange, not trust worthy and dissing Bishop and Eminem (about that 2Pac thing) wasnt the smartest idea from Game either.

Somebody said something about poor choices of singles. One Blood was a great choice for a street single, Lets Ride was weak but lets be real here, Game had no hit material. other than Kanye joint, which flopped anyways.

People aint stupid, they saw that Game isnt the most original rapper out there. Like he said it himeslf, the name Game is because he stuided the game, is several rappers rolled in one. Hes just not unique. Sometimes he sounds like 50, sometimes like Dre, sometimes like Pharrell. Hes not bad at all, hes just aint nothing special. You could saw based on his sales, it was mostly about hype. He had solid  first 2,3 weeks, then it all slowed down.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 02:54:44 PM by Timbo the king »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
I still cant understand people who are saying Game is off Aftermath because of 50. It was a part of why he got dropped but not the whole reason. Its obvious his character is strange, not trust worthy and dissing Bishop and Eminem (about that 2Pac thing) wasnt the smartest idea from Game either.

Somebody said something about poor choices of singles. One Blood was a great choice for a street single, Lets Ride was weak but lets be real here, Game had no hit material. other than Kanye joint, which flopped anyways.

People aint stupid, they saw that Game isnt the most original rapper out there. Like he said it himeslf, the name Game is because he stuided the game, is several rappers rolled in one. Hes just not unique. Sometimes he sounds like 50, sometimes like Dre, sometimes like Pharrell. Hes not bad at all, hes just aint nothing special. You could saw based on his sales, it was mostly about hype. He had solid  first 2,3 weeks, then it all slowed down.
Most of what your saying is true. However...

-He dissed Bishop after he got kicked off Aftermath.
-Wouldn't Get Far did okay/so-so for a 3rd single.
-He got the name "Game" from his grandma when he was a kid.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
- yeah I know, I was pointing that out as a proff of his wierd charcter and even if it was after he was dropped, dissing Dres next golden boy isnt the smartest thing
- well it shouldve done a lot better, had a hit written all over it and almost everything Kanye touches turns gold
- true but I remember in an interview from 04,05 how he said The Game represents all best styles, rapper rolled in one, and how he studied the whole rap game, how hes a student of rap

it seems to me that dre is kinda always movin forward. a lot of cats he beefs with and works with he seems to not really work with even after they cool. he's always fuckin with someone different.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
it seems to me that dre is kinda always movin forward. a lot of cats he beefs with and works with he seems to not really work with even after they cool. he's always fuckin with someone different.
Dre's going to work with whoever's hot. If you die down Dre will forget about you and move on. Not too much loyality from him.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
- true but I remember in an interview from 04,05 how he said The Game represents all best styles, rapper rolled in one, and how he studied the whole rap game, how hes a student of rap
Game's always flipping stories. He's the John Kerry of rap.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i think all 50 has left in him is 2 albums, honestly hes already pretty much fallen off in the eyes of alot of people. If these next two albums dont sale 4 or 5 million records than he aint getting the money.

i think interscope already hinted at 50 that he's not that hot anymore as he used to be. That's why all these rumors and talk are going on about g-unit going to get dropped and 50 won't get alot of money at renewal. i think before i self destruct will be a good indication of what his future is..

but do you think they going to bring back someone like The Game to be a featured artist? I'm sure he won't ask for 100 million and he can somewhat push records without dre's musical imput.

The Game ruined his career with the whole beef with 50 cent. the documentary would of sold alot more records and would of got more support if he didnt start that whole beef... i highly doubt that The Game could sale as many records as 50.

wtf are you talking about? 50 started the whole beef with game, talking shit about how gunit is gonna drop him cuz he wasn't participating with 50's bullshit beefs...and how's game's career is ruined? if thats the case then his album wouldn't even gone gold...his 2nd album sold well, especially considering how record business is on a decline nowdays...

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG

Do you have a source from someone from the inside saying that was the reason why Game was dropped? As much as i read and watch hip hop news, i never ever ever read or heard any interview of someone saying "Game got dropped from Aftermath because his character is strange". And unless you have some secret Dre interview/conversation that you're not sharing, he hasn't publically commented on his relationship with Game and why he isn't on Aftermath..

Maybe you might think Game's personality is strange, but you shouldn't impose your opinions as Aftermath/Interscope's opinions.

Your point makes me wonder why they still work with Busta Rhymes. The man got mad character, he has talent yet nobody is really checking for him. He only went gold based from the extra push in marketing. Game on the other hand, has talent (even 50 said he is a good rapper, just doesn't know how to make songs), can self market and can push units.. He has sold 900,000 units in 4 months without Dre or 50's help. Other than Dre, 50 and Em, there is no other rapper on Aftermath/Shady/G-Unit that can sell 900,000 records in 4 months WITH or WITHOUT Dre and 50 Cent.. And i'm speaking of Eve, Busta, Banks, Yayo, and soon to be Young Buck.

Didn't Dre say himself

"Then I got these fake-ass niggaz I first drew with
Claimin that they non-violent, talkin like they *voice sample*
Spit venom in interviews, speakin on reunions
Move units, then talk shit and we can do this
Until then - I ain't even speakin your name"

eNgIeS

i think all 50 has left in him is 2 albums, honestly hes already pretty much fallen off in the eyes of alot of people. If these next two albums dont sale 4 or 5 million records than he aint getting the money.

i think interscope already hinted at 50 that he's not that hot anymore as he used to be. That's why all these rumors and talk are going on about g-unit going to get dropped and 50 won't get alot of money at renewal. i think before i self destruct will be a good indication of what his future is..

but do you think they going to bring back someone like The Game to be a featured artist? I'm sure he won't ask for 100 million and he can somewhat push records without dre's musical imput.

The Game ruined his career with the whole beef with 50 cent. the documentary would of sold alot more records and would of got more support if he didnt start that whole beef... i highly doubt that The Game could sale as many records as 50.

wtf are you talking about? 50 started the whole beef with game, talking shit about how gunit is gonna drop him cuz he wasn't participating with 50's bullshit beefs...and how's game's career is ruined? if thats the case then his album wouldn't even gone gold...his 2nd album sold well, especially considering how record business is on a decline nowdays...

exactly i cant believe this douche bag has the nerve to blame Game for the beef

eNgIeS

Do you have a source from someone from the inside saying that was the reason why Game was dropped? As much as i read and watch hip hop news, i never ever ever read or heard any interview of someone saying "Game got dropped from Aftermath because his character is strange". And unless you have some secret Dre interview/conversation that you're not sharing, he hasn't publically commented on his relationship with Game and why he isn't on Aftermath..

Maybe you might think Game's personality is strange, but you shouldn't impose your opinions as Aftermath/Interscope's opinions.

Your point makes me wonder why they still work with Busta Rhymes. The man got mad character, he has talent yet nobody is really checking for him. He only went gold based from the extra push in marketing. Game on the other hand, has talent (even 50 said he is a good rapper, just doesn't know how to make songs), can self market and can push units.. He has sold 900,000 units in 4 months without Dre or 50's help. Other than Dre, 50 and Em, there is no other rapper on Aftermath/Shady/G-Unit that can sell 900,000 records in 4 months WITH or WITHOUT Dre and 50 Cent.. And i'm speaking of Eve, Busta, Banks, Yayo, and soon to be Young Buck.

Didn't Dre say himself

well said

Game did not have heaps of promotion he wasnt on the radio all day like 50 & u didnt see so much plastered....he did market himself well with the internet rap fan scene though i must say which is probably who bought his first 300,000 copies

not many rappers can go plat these days in 6 motnhs. & when its all said & done, once it reaches 6 months (Nov 14th release would make it May 14th right?) he will be plat. He did that without a real hit. He made bad singles choice in lets ride. One Blood was a good street single but it wasnt Westside Story, Wouldnt get Far shoulda been the first real single & then Around the World with Jamie FOxx coz Foxx is well known & the song isd a good radio song i reckon

Digital Pimpin'

Back on-topic - why would anyone give 50 $100million to sign?

Aftermath/Interscope would not make that kind of money back - especially off someone who will be on to his 4th major release.

Can't deny that 50 is a big name, and he could probably negotiate one of the biggest contracts in rap today - but not $100million.

TTK was probably right - 50 must have been joking.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Didn't Dre say himself

You dont need no source to know that. Couple examples; we all know Dre and 50 were pissed at Game for appearing in that "Certified Gangsta" vid. They wanted Games first apperance to be the How We Do vid, but he didnt do what he was told. Lets talk about him dissing Jay-z, with whom Dre has a great relationship. Lets talk about him dissing Xzibit, for no reason, who is also close to Dre.  Lets talk about him dissing 50 on that Soldier track (Game said it himself), or that Dreams joint. Lets talk about how R-Tistic said that Game was planning the beef since summer 2004. Lets talk about how he dissed Eminem for that 2Pac album. Lets talk about how he dissed Bishop 3 months after he got dropped. So when Dre had to decide who to drop, it was a no-brainer, bussiness and personality wise. Not to mention that Em and 50 are like brothers and 50 gets along great with the whole Shady family.

Now Im gonna tell you why Game sold 800.000. Hype. He was all about hype. "Hows he gonna do without Dre and 50 bla bla bla". Game took advantage of that. Dude was on EVERY magazine, on XXL and Source even 2,3 times, radio, tv, interviews.... Everybody wanted to see how he'll turn out. Thats why he was at 700.000 after a month, then it all completley slowed down.

Getting dropped from GUnit/ Aftermath was the best thing that could happen to him. If he stayed there Im positive, he'd do Busta numbers.