Author Topic: If Aftermath/Interscope doesn't give 50 Cent his 100 million dollar renewal..  (Read 1489 times)

Digital Pimpin'

100 million isn't that much money for a 5 album deal for 50. If 50 Cent can sell a combined 10 million with those 5 albums, Interscope breaks even. If you don't think 50 can sell 2 mill per album, your underestimating him.

Interscope recouping $10 an album?

The thing is tho, 50 can easily do 2mil+ an album at the moment and he'll probably do at least 3 or 4mil with his next one.

But I can't see him going double platinum for his 10th album, which will probably be released in 2015 at the earliest. Even Jay and Snoop are struggling to do that after 9-10 albums.

I reckon 50 will settle for something like $50-60million at the most.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Looks like he wasnt kidding:

Last night 50 called in to POW Radio. He talked about his album, beef, and more.

Before 50 called in, PR said he was at the studio with 50, he heard some of the album and its crack. He said no joke, its a problem, he said nobody should come out this summer.

OK, 50 called in, he said that the only thing hip hop has to look forward too is his album, Ems shit and Detox. He said he just did 2 tracks with Dre for Detox and its coming. He said that he was at Floyd Mayweathers training camp, and that Floyd is sharp as a knife, so bet big on him. He said that he has 2 albums coming out, the first on June 19th 2007, he said that it is not called BISD, he said BISD will come out Feb 4, 2008, and then his contract with Interscope is up, cause his 5th album is a greatest hits. He said he has a great relationship with Interscope but he wants 100 mill to stay. He said that his single is almost ready, they are mixing it and cleaning it up so it should be out soon. He also said that he has to have a security guard at the studio to keep anyone from stealing his shit, like Whoo Kid.

They talked about the Cam thing, he said that Cam said shit about him doing a video in his backyard and it wasnt his neighborhood. 50 said that his backyard is a nieghborhood, its 18 acres, he said he lost people back there and that people have to do what boy scouts do, leave a rope or some shit behind so they can find there way back. He said he did another video at his house in Cail. (I think he means another diss video) Whoo Kid asked so he will be putting out another video? 50 said he isnt sure, he said he is smart enuff to know not to bother with someone who isnt smart enuff to know when they lost. But he said he is having fun, he is haveing a good time with these fools. Whoo Kid said to 50 that he is really doing big things with these Youtube videos and shit. 50 said he has a deal with Youtube, thats why he is doing all these videos and that when people respond to him he is getting payed, then he yelled "getting payed" in a fucked up voice. PR started to talk about Cam and 50 said that they have to find a new topic, he said your beating a dead horse, he said your beating a horse that died of AIDS, that had everyone cracking the fuck up. He joked with Whoo Kid saying he wants his money and shit, and that he does see the hunger with Whoo Kid so he might take Rob E Rob or a new DJ on tour with him, just fucking around with Whoo Kid. They said Bucks album drops next week, its crazy.

/\
   Hey Timbo, from reading this..it sounds like you were listening to the radio show, with a pen and paper..ready to take notes..
You seem to cover everyhting...
Am just kidding..no disrespect!! ;D
But thanks for the info..

Can't wait for 50's Album.. 8)
lol@youtube and Cam'ron... :D

Lol, I didnt write this. Just copy pasted it from another forum  ;)

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
100 million isn't that much money for a 5 album deal for 50. If 50 Cent can sell a combined 10 million with those 5 albums, Interscope breaks even. If you don't think 50 can sell 2 mill per album, your underestimating him.

The thing is tho, 50 can easily do 2mil+ an album at the moment and he'll probably do at least 3 or 4mil with his next one.

But I can't see him going double platinum for his 10th album, which will probably be released in 2015 at the earliest. Even Jay and Snoop are struggling to do that after 9-10 albums.

i dunno if 50 can do that on this current album..

no offense to anyone but jay z seems to be stuck at 1.3 million record sales, last week he sold only less than 2,000 more units than Game..He came out a week after The Game.. In my opinion, he had the best marketing budget, and the best hype an artist can get.. That will be a clear indication of what 50 Cent might be doing without the anticipated hype or drama..

I really don't see 50 Cent being worth the money because even if they got $10 bucks an album, they will have to spend 20 million on marketing him. Not to mention Aftermath/Interscope is a business... They aren't in it to break even..

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me

i dunno if 50 can do that on this current album..

no offense to anyone but jay z seems to be stuck at 1.3 million record sales, last week he sold only less than 2,000 more units than Game..He came out a week after The Game.. In my opinion, he had the best marketing budget, and the best hype an artist can get.. That will be a clear indication of what 50 Cent might be doing without the anticipated hype or drama..

I really don't see 50 Cent being worth the money because even if they got $10 bucks an album, they will have to spend 20 million on marketing him. Not to mention Aftermath/Interscope is a business... They aren't in it to break even..

true BUT 50 has more beef/street level or at least seemingly street level shit going on, will have at least as much dre production as Jay had AND some Eminem appearances and apparently Nas, Jay and some others too. I think 50 will move 5 to 6 hundred thousand more units than Jay...maybe even 7.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
if 50 don't get the renewal he will try and sign with KOCH..lmao..

Digital Pimpin'

if 50 don't get the renewal he will try and sign with KOCH..lmao..

Well if he can get $7 an album for the 10 million plus he is forecast to sell (::)) he might as well. Although he will have to spend his own chips on marketing etc.