Author Topic: KRS-One, Marley Marl Say 'Hip-Hop Lives' With New Album  (Read 98 times)

jeromechickenbone

KRS-One, Marley Marl Say 'Hip-Hop Lives' With New Album
« on: March 22, 2007, 05:16:41 PM »
Hell yeah,  I remember hearing that KRS & Marley were teaming up to do an album last year, but I hadn't heard anything since.  Looks like this shit is official!!!!!!!  It drops on May 22nd on KOCH Records.  GET YOUR ASSES OUT AND BUY THIS SHIT WHEN IT DROPS!!!!!! 2 certified legends!

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6836

One of the most legendary feuds in Hip-Hop history will come to an end with the May 22 release of Hip-Hop Lives, created by two pioneers and former rivals, KRS-One and Marley Marl.

The pair's now legendary beef started in 1985 with MC Shan's classic record "The Bridge," which paid homage to Shan's place of birth, Queensbridge, New York.

The single, which was produced by Marley Marl, helped establish Marley Marl and his group of MC's, The Juice Crew, which featured Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, Master Ace, Biz Markie, Craig G, Roxanne Shante MC Shan and others.

KRS-One and his Boogie Down Productions crew accused Shan of implying Hip-Hop was started in Queensbridge. KRS retaliated with the anthem "South Bronx," which proclaimed the Bronx as Hip-Hop's original birthplace.

Despite their legendary feud, the two have gone on to very successful careers.

KRS-One has released 15 albums and three books over the course of his career, while Marley Marl has produced for platinum rappers and artists like LL Cool J, Eric B. & Rakim, TLC and others.

The pair concocted Hip-Hop Lives long before the recent proclamations that "Hip-Hop Is Dead."

"It all happened with one phone call," Marley Marl told AllHipHop.com during a Mar. 2006 interview. "They called me and he jumped on the phone and told me it would be spectacular for Hip-Hop...My reason for doing this is to show these kids that [Hip-Hop beefs] are not that serious."

The first single from the release is titled "Kill A Rapper," which focuses on the unsolved murders of several of rap's biggest stars and why no one has been brought to justice.

Hip-Hop Lives hits stores on May 22 on Koch Records.

In related news, KRS-One will hit the road for an 11-date tour, which will feature De La Soul on select dates. Tour dates are below:

MARCH 2007

March 22, Malibu, CA, Malibu Inn

March 23, Garden Grove, CA, Bellunos

March 31, Santa Monica, CA, (Hip Hop Unity Day) The Greek Theatre

APRIL 2007

April 4, Agoura Hills, CA, Canyon Club**

April 5, Santa Ana, CA, Galaxy Theatre**

April 6, San Diego, CA, Cane's**

April 7, Los Angeles, CA, Key Club**

April 22, Long Beach, CA, Long Beach College

** with De La Soul

MAY 2007

May 12, Carrboro, NC, Cats Cradle

May 18, New York, NY, BB Kings

May 19, Washington, DC, H 20

Submit News!

jpm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: KRS-One, Marley Marl Say 'Hip-Hop Lives' With New Album
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 05:30:27 PM »
real nice! cant wait for it to drop
www.ReallyHipHop.com for all the latest hip-hop media available!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 05:54:15 PM »
Propz for the news!! 8) Hot shitt.

The Kryptonian

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 08:48:00 AM »
Hip Hop baby ;D