Author Topic: Devin the Dude - whats yall's take on him  (Read 311 times)

DJSpin

Devin the Dude - whats yall's take on him
« on: March 05, 2007, 08:02:31 AM »
I have his FIrst cd, Devin the DUde...   i think its a really good cd, classic even...he kinda appeals to poeple in the south, in the west, in the east, the underground heads.. what do you guys think?

anyone got any links to his other cds?

G funk king

• Lil Geezy
Re: Devin the Dude - whats yall's take on him
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 10:12:42 AM »
naw, but i lik ehim. he got a real nice flow. im big on the chillin laid back songs. an damn can he do a kick it song. im syked for the album comin out

Week 11 Crooked I - Boy Looka Here/Go Getta Remix feat. Horse Shoe Gang (Freestyle)
http://www.divshare.com/download/938452-c42
"Plus gangsta rap aint dead, it never died, took steriods to the head an became Crooked I"
[URL=http://www.zshare.net/audi

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 10:51:19 AM »
im definatly going to get his new album.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 10:57:00 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 10:54:02 AM »
one of my favorites

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

janky

• Lil Geezy
  • C.E.O. Janky Management
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 05:57:48 PM »
I was in the studio with him the other night, and I got a chance to listen to the c.d. and the shit is bangin!!! He got a song with Snoop Dogg and Andre 3000 that's produced by Dr. Dre that's crazy!!! Another stand out joint is the one with Lil Wayne, and Bun B it's like a spirtual song. The c.d. is bangin from begining to end.

Janky
Mgr. Mitchy Slick and Tha WrongKind Family.
Janky...

Be on the Lookout for Mitchy Slick's new album "Urban Survival Syndrome."

Diggfinger

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 07:49:09 AM »
I was in the studio with him the other night, and I got a chance to listen to the c.d. and the shit is bangin!!! He got a song with Snoop Dogg and Andre 3000 that's produced by Dr. Dre that's crazy!!! Another stand out joint is the one with Lil Wayne, and Bun B it's like a spirtual song. The c.d. is bangin from begining to end.

Janky
Mgr. Mitchy Slick and Tha WrongKind Family.

:o wow that sound good!!

Devin is really a dude that I am sleeping on I must admit that. I really like his chill-out style though, I plan on getting his records just havnt really gotten around to it yet. Devin has got something different than that dried-out thug style though which is good.

Northwest Ryda

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 06:37:52 PM »
He's soulful man... i dig most of the stuff he puts out... that new what a job song with snoop and andre is off the chain... a pretty good concept for a song

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 06:53:44 PM »
i heard alot of fuss around him. I always liked the guest appearances he's done on some albums i own, so I decided to check out his 1st 2 albums today. First 1 is amazing, solid 4/5. I'm only feeling 3/11 songs in his 2nd lp (listening to it now). Maybe it'll grow on me. Gonna do his 3rd & and brand new 1 by end of tomorrow hopefully. He's defanitely cool though
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 07:49:27 PM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 07:48:15 PM »
Devin is one of the artists where I'll download his CD before it comes out, then immedately go and buy it as soon as its on the shelves. I just picked up Waitin' To Inhale a couple hours ago. He definately doesn't get the mainstream exposure he deserves.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 03:50:55 AM »
Devin is the DUDE!

all 4 of his album are bumpalble at any time

ABN

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 05:13:59 AM »
Devin is just dope, there aint much else to say. he doesn´t use crazy metaphors, hella complicated lyrics or nothing but he makes extremely good music and that´s what these fuckboy rappers should try to do aswell.