Author Topic: WHAT MAKES A WACC RAPPER???  (Read 977 times)

westside159

Re: WHAT MAKES A WACC RAPPER???
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2008, 04:04:10 AM »
I can't just state specific things because saying someone is wack, is a generalization.  For instance, some people are saying bad lyrics make a rapper wack, however, I have heard songs that are not lyrical at all, yet are great songs because the rapper made up for the lyrics with flow, charisma, voice, and a good beat for example.  On the other hand, you can take someone like Ras Kass, who most would consider is very lyrical, however I don't really care for him...I think he is boring.  I wouldn't call him wack, but I don't really care for his music.

Sometimes you just can't explain why you don't like a rapper...you just don't like them, simple as that.  You aint feeling him and you think he is wack.

I been listening to rap since about 92, and I have heard soooo much, so really nothing really stands out these days.  I consider most of the new rappers in the game to be wack...mostly cause they are so damn boring...same topics that been used a million times before, rhyming the same words, playing out the gangsta shit, etc.  No originality.

As far as spider loc goes...I don't really listen to his music.  I just constantly hear about him with stupid ass soap opera bullshit.  The rap game has turned into a soap opera and I can't stand it.  I refuse to listen to rappers that are part of the soap opera, such as spider loc and 40 glocc.  Plus they roll with g-unit, which I can't stand, and refuse to listen to.  I have heard some songs by spider loc, and I could easily confuse him with about 100 other rappers because there is absolutely nothing distinguishable about him.  Same old shit as everybody else.  He is like 1 of 100 clones of an extremely mediocre boring gangsta rapper.

As for bigpaybacc, I have no idea whether he is wack or not cause I have never heard his music, and honestly have no desire to. and probably never will.  I have given too many wack rappers a chance, that I really don't waste my time checking out any new rappers unless they happen to get a guest spot with a rapper that I do like, or someone who I know has good taste will recommend them.
[/quote

I feel you on Ras kass , i could never feel his shit even though people consider him a good lyricist . People get it twisted and think just becuz you can make up big words and be different your somehow a dope lyricist . Its all about the music and your Mic presence and how you sound over the music . For example people say Cassidy is a better lyricist than Freeway , but Freeway makes better albums too me , they had a battle and from that people think Cassidy is so good , but just becuz you can rap dont mean you can make a great album ....    Freeway - philadelphia freeway and Free At Last were both Dope albums ..

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2008, 08:54:36 AM »
I would say:

Elementary rhymes
Lack of creativity
Boring or no ability to change up the flow
Rhyming over wack production

On the whole Baymacc camp issue, Paybacc is the only one that is ok.  Of course I only heard one song from him but he showed some promise.  The rest, including Spider, I just don't listen to for reasons stated above.

after listening to Paybacc's myspace tracks I gotta agree. Big Paybacc's tracks aint bad at all. Now im sure you will fly off and not like this, but you gotta change your approach to how you interact with people on here, if people hate, let them hate. You keep doing your thing, people will check you, get Dubcnn behind you and you will have a great foundation!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2008, 09:10:34 AM »
I NOTICED ALOT OF PEOPLE ON THIS SITE ACCUSE CERTAIN RAPPERS OF BEING WACC,NOW I'M NOT GOING TO GET SPECIFIC BUT THE RAPPERS THAT GET ACCUSED OF THIS THE MOST ARE FAR FROM WACC,I SHOULD KNOW CUZ I'M A MC MY SELF AND I KNOW GOOD LYRICS WHEN I HEAR THEM,NOW IS IT CUZ YOU DONT LIKE THE CERTAIN RAPPER FOR PERSONAL REASONS,OR MAYBE ITS FUN TO JUMP ON THE BAND WAGON AND CALL'EM WACC CUZ EVERYBODY ELSE IS DOING IT,OR THE CERTAIN RAPPER HAS DISSED YOUR FAVORITE RAPPER SO THEREFORE YOU THINK BY CALLING THEM WACC THAT YOU ARE SOMEHOW GETTING EVEN WITH THEM,OR HAVE THEY MADE MORE BAD SONGS THAN GOOD ONES,NOW ALL IM ASKING IS WHAT MAKES A WACC RAPPER??? IS IT LYRICS,CONCEPT,FLOW,VOCABULARY,BEAT SELECTION,ATTITUDE,LET ME KNOW...SERIOUSLY!!! CUZ WHAT U MIGHT THINK IS THRASH,I MIGHT THINK IS GENIUS OR VICE VERSA...SERIOUS DEBATERS ONLY NO SHIT TALKING PLEASE AND ALL SERIOUS OPINIONS SHOULD BE RESPECTED!!! BY THE WAY HAPPY HALLOWEEN AND MY BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW FOR THOSE WHO WANNA SEND PRESENTS LOL!!! THERES ONE WEST...B.A.Y.M.A.A.C!!!

"OH YEAH" JUST CUZ U MIGHT NOT LIKE A CERTAIN SONG THAT DOES'NT MAKE IT WACC...
when a nigga just put words together and it's just babbling on the mic and repeat a sentence in a verse. consistently picking wack beats instead of dope beats and a chronic(my vocab is broad sorry) weak flow
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Big PaybaCC

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • FOOD CHAIN CUZZ !!!
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2008, 10:09:10 AM »
I would say:

Elementary rhymes
Lack of creativity

On the whole Baymacc camp issue, Paybacc is the only one that is ok.  Of course I only heard one song from him but he showed some promise.  The rest, including Spider, I just don't listen to for reasons stated above.
one song!!! homie you are cheating yourself...

Big PaybaCC

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • FOOD CHAIN CUZZ !!!
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2008, 10:10:34 AM »
Gangsta lyrics, cause 90% of the time they are fake.

true,true...im in that 10 percent tho!!!

Big PaybaCC

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • FOOD CHAIN CUZZ !!!
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2008, 10:17:39 AM »
I would say:

Elementary rhymes
Lack of creativity

after listening to Paybacc's myspace tracks I gotta agree. Big Paybacc's tracks aint bad at all. Now im sure you will fly off and not like this, but you gotta change your approach to how you interact with people on here, if people hate, let them hate. You keep doing your thing, people will check you, get Dubcnn behind you and you will have a great foundation!
fly off for what??? u aint said nothing disrespectful...why hate??? just keep it real,like u said i was garbage, now u say im not bad,its like u was hating without even hearing a nigga spit,so i say to you is keep an open mind and not be a follower,think before u talk and you will go a long way!!! and go get that connected 4 mixtape its the bizness...

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2008, 10:51:36 AM »
I would say:

Elementary rhymes
Lack of creativity

fly off for what??? u aint said nothing disrespectful...why hate??? just keep it real,like u said i was garbage, now u say im not bad,its like u was hating without even hearing a nigga spit,so i say to you is keep an open mind and not be a follower,think before u talk and you will go a long way!!! and go get that connected 4 mixtape its the bizness...

i NEVER said you were garbage! I said id never heard one of your songs, so why would i make a judgement? We came to a disagreement because I dont feel Spiders music, that was it.

Big PaybaCC

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • FOOD CHAIN CUZZ !!!
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2008, 01:04:26 PM »
I would say:

Elementary rhymes
Lack of creativity

i NEVER said you were garbage! I said id never heard one of your songs, so why would i make a judgement? We came to a disagreement because I dont feel Spiders music, that was it.
u right!!! i got u mixed up with the other dude...my bad!!!  im not trying to convert u but take a listen cuz you will be suprised,if you got time you tube spider loc connected 4 and listen from front to bacc and if u think he still wacc then imma leave it alone...

HimselfTheMajestic

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2008, 03:22:12 PM »
alright ima lay it out for yall. on my opinion of what makes a rapper whack.

we can all agree, that most of this shit is based on personal tastes and opinions.

but there are two categories to judge a Rapper: Lyrics and Flow.

lyrically, you do NOT have to be heavy with the metaphors or wordplay.
if you get your point across without having to dip into mad similes.
peep scarface and dudes like devin the dude, slick rick, and even tupac.

what makes a rapper whack lyrically?

relying heavily on punch lines,
especially if they have no substance ("im colder then ice, call me mr. winter" type of shit)
absolutely no originality or depth to your lyrics also. if you're just writing the same
shit as everyone else, and it goes no deeper then "bitch ima gangster, gang banger, money
and weed and bitches, im a slanger" then you're fucken whack.
BUT if you can express the same concepts but do it in a ORIGINAL way,
then thats dope. cuz yeah, dudes been rapping about being bosses, thugs, gangsters,
drug dealers, killers, players, and what not since the beginning of rap.
no fresh concepts or boring one sided material that goes nowhere.
nursery rhyme/elementary style shit is also booty.

what makes a rapper whack flow wise?

no swagger, presence, confidence, whatsoever.
even if you have a calm not so active flow, you can at least turn it into something
like mastah killah from wu tang did. his flow is the most inactive and slow paced of the whole group.
but on certain tracks he still manages to outshine them with his ominous and off kilter delivery.
if you just sound mad awkward, sound like you're talking, can't pronounce words properly,
run short of breath, can't ride the beat at least a bit, or change tempo when you need to,
or even stay on tempo, then you're whack. a boring ass borrowed flow is whack too.
most rappers these days have no outstanding flow or vocal performance. they
all run together to me.

with all that said, it just comes down to personal opinion in the end. cuz people i think are dope as fuck,
might be considered whack as fuck by everyone else.

i think best example of styles being different, would be like Jay-Z vs Big L.
jay z had a more introspective lyrical style that was more based off
clever punchlines with a smooth flow, while big L had hardcore lyrics
and a hardcore delivery, almost like battle raps. i consider both to have
delivered classic material, but from a technical stand point on lyrics, Big L would be better,
while Jay-z would have the better flow.

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2008, 12:12:51 PM »
Paybacc can rap yall can not even front on dude meng I heard homie,and he is nice

but to respond to the thread could be lots of things

content,delivery,mic presence ect laccin in certain departments makes you weak

SO PRUP

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2008, 01:31:55 PM »
alright ima lay it out for yall. on my opinion of what makes a rapper whack.

we can all agree, that most of this shit is based on personal tastes and opinions.

but there are two categories to judge a Rapper: Lyrics and Flow.

lyrically, you do NOT have to be heavy with the metaphors or wordplay.
if you get your point across without having to dip into mad similes.
peep scarface and dudes like devin the dude, slick rick, and even tupac.

what makes a rapper whack lyrically?

relying heavily on punch lines,
especially if they have no substance ("im colder then ice, call me mr. winter" type of shit)
absolutely no originality or depth to your lyrics also. if you're just writing the same
shit as everyone else, and it goes no deeper then "bitch ima gangster, gang banger, money
and weed and bitches, im a slanger" then you're fucken whack.
BUT if you can express the same concepts but do it in a ORIGINAL way,
then thats dope. cuz yeah, dudes been rapping about being bosses, thugs, gangsters,
drug dealers, killers, players, and what not since the beginning of rap.
no fresh concepts or boring one sided material that goes nowhere.
nursery rhyme/elementary style shit is also booty.

what makes a rapper whack flow wise?

no swagger, presence, confidence, whatsoever.
even if you have a calm not so active flow, you can at least turn it into something
like mastah killah from wu tang did. his flow is the most inactive and slow paced of the whole group.
but on certain tracks he still manages to outshine them with his ominous and off kilter delivery.
if you just sound mad awkward, sound like you're talking, can't pronounce words properly,
run short of breath, can't ride the beat at least a bit, or change tempo when you need to,
or even stay on tempo, then you're whack. a boring ass borrowed flow is whack too.
most rappers these days have no outstanding flow or vocal performance. they
all run together to me.

with all that said, it just comes down to personal opinion in the end. cuz people i think are dope as fuck,
might be considered whack as fuck by everyone else.

i think best example of styles being different, would be like Jay-Z vs Big L.
jay z had a more introspective lyrical style that was more based off
clever punchlines with a smooth flow, while big L had hardcore lyrics
and a hardcore delivery, almost like battle raps. i consider both to have
delivered classic material, but from a technical stand point on lyrics, Big L would be better,
while Jay-z would have the better flow.

good post, i agree

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2008, 02:23:48 PM »
What makes a Wack Rapper? Lack of creativity... which can include the choice of beats, lyrics, flow, delivery (which some may call swagger)...Some of these dudes just sound boring...

Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com